Favorite Video Game: Halo/Call of duty
Other Interests: Making Thins
Favorite Food: cake!!
Favorite Movie(s): Avatar,Resident Evil,The avengers

Name: Devon Jokic
Profession: Filmmaker
Favorite Hobby: Film, Photography, Sports
Favorite part of halo: The Music, The Narrative, The Gameplay, and The Fanbase
Favorite Halo: Halo: CE (Campaign)/ Halo 3 (Multiplayer)
Favorite Video Game: (Besides the Halo games) SW: KotoR, Munch's Odyssey, Mass Effect, and others
Other Interests: I play guitar (advanced-intermediate), study cinematography and the art of SFX, play poker, and the psychology of people...
Favorite Food: Steak, Pho, Sushi, Pizza, etc.
Favorite Books: The Divine Comedy, The Poems of Edgar Allan Poe, William Shakespeare, etc.
Favorite Band: The Ventures, QotSA, Pelican, Cake, Smashing Pumpkins, etc. (I listen to Surf, Jazz, Post Rock and Alternative Rock mostly)
Favorite Movie(s): Robocop, Evil Dead: Army of Darkness, The Thing, Zabriskie Point, Apocalypse Now, 2001: Odyssey, The Dark Crystal, there are many.
Other: I've written and directed 3 short films, worked as an assistant director on another 6 short films, lighting operator on 2 operas, and co-director of a play.

I'd like to shoot a few Halo related short films in the future and plan on getting into building props that have both form and function...

Name: Chris
Profession: Currently a chef at a golf club
Favorite Hobby: Playing dem gaimz!
Favorite part of halo: The community
Favorite Halo: 3
Favorite Video Game: Halo
Other Interests: Gaming, Cooking, Youtubing
Favorite Food: Lasagne ( I make amazzzzzzzzing lasagane ;P)
Favorite Movie(s):Shawshank Redemption, Inception, The Great Escape, Any Superhero movie haha

Name: George
Profession: Student
Favourite Hobby: I am an avid Chess player, and regularly participate in local tournaments
Favourite aspect of Halo: I have long found myself enthralled by the Campaign and storyline elements of the Halo series.
Favourite Halo game: Although I bestow high praise upon all Halo games, I regard Halo 3 as being the most edifying. In this installment, a remarkable and grandiose Campaign was supplemented by an original and engaging multiplayer.
Video game interests: Despite the limited nature of my gaming repertoire, I have derived notable enjoyment from the Elder Scrolls series.
Other interests: I exhibit a disposition for many academic fields; specifically Astronomy, Physics, Politics and Economics.
Favourite Books: I frequently partake of non-fiction volumes, often relating to the fields of science or politics.
Music preferences: With the exception of the Halo soundtracks, I have little affinity for contemporary music. My preference remains with classical orchestral pieces.
Favourite films: 'The Lord of the Rings' trilogy, 'Angels and Demons' and the 'Alien' series.

As stated above, my passion for the Halo series is both evident and long-lived. Having first been introduced to Halo: CE approximately a decade ago, the series has become the epitome of my gaming biography. Although I have, since the advent of Halo 3, derived notable enjoyment from multiplayer encounters, I remain enthralled by Halo's unqiue Campaign. It is my belief that no other game has spawned so engaging and awe-inspiring a storyline. For this reason, I regard the original Halo trilogy to be unrivaled in its originality and significance.

Several years ago, as a consequence of my high regard for the Halo series, I entertained the possibility of constructing replica armour. However, at the time, I lacked the conviction required to manifest this aspiration. However, with the benefit of age, (and minor changes in my personal circumstances), I hope to rekindle the dream of armour design. Discussions with a friend, who has previously embarked upon Halo costuming, have served only to strengthen my resolve. After undertaking research into this field, I have settled upon the ambitious task of crafting a complete suit of Halo 3 Mark VI armour.

Alas, there exist several obstacles to my completing this project. The most notable of these is my comparative ineptitude. I have no experience in designing or crafting materials. Quite simply, I am the archetype of the term 'novice'. However, I hope that several personal traits shall compensate for this failing. Firstly, I place great value upon the merits of research. In my academic studies, I have found individual research to be indispensable in understanding challenging concepts. Hopefully, the same principle may be applied to armour creation. Secondly, when embarking upon a project, slight obsessive compulsive tendencies compel me to strive for perfection. Consequently, patience and dedication are characteristics I endeavour to personify. It is my understanding that these are indispensable traits for armourers.

It is my belief that, with sufficient research and preparation, I can (hopefully) overcome my evident inexperience. I must thank all 405th members who have hitherto completed armour pieces, as your efforts have inspired me to undertake a project of my own. Although I do not expect to design anything comparable to the aesthetically remarkable creations of others, it is my intention to dedicate myself fully to this endeavour.

To all members, thank you for establishing so innovative and supportive a facet within the Halo community. As a novice within the 40th, I greatly value the opportunity to converse with skilled and cordial individuals. I look forward to learning from the experiences of others, and in turn contributing to the community as a whole.

Name:Alberto Alfaro
Hobby:sports,airsoft
Favorite Halo:Reach&3
Favorite food:Sushi!
Favorite part of Halo:"Gravtiy is the way off this ship",6,"And the good news"?,"that was the good news"

Name: Alex
Profession: Student - Mechanical Engineering Major
Favorite Hobby: Tennis
Favorite Part of Halo: The extensive Halo universe, including the games and the books.
Favorite Halo Game: Halo 2 - It was one of the first games I played on Xbox Live.
Other Video Games: Battlefield, Skyrim
Other Interests: Mustangs (the car)! I am a huge Mustang enthusiast. I own a 2005 Mustang GT, same color as the one in my profile picture.
Favorite Drink: Mountain Dew!
Favorite Movie/Series: Band of Brothers, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter series

I'd love to make a suit of armor, but I lack funding! Once that minor obstacle has been taken care of, I shall set off on my quest! Until then, I shall learn all that I can about the process of crafting a suit! Thanks!

Name: Igsia
Profession: Animal Hospital Administrator
Favorite Hobby: I am a car enthusiast. I know how to appreciate a muscle car as well as the imports. I love to race. I am concentrating on drifting now to better my skills. I currently own a 2013 Scion FR-S (black).
Favorite Part of Halo: Master Chief and the beautiful display of weapons it has.
Favorite Halo Game: Halo 1.
Favorite Video Games: Halo and Final Fantasy series.
Other Interests: Cosplay and video games.
Favorite Food: Good ol' ramen.
Favorite Movie/Series: Fast and the Furious, Naruto, GOT...
Favorite Music: Dubstep.

I've been planning to build a Halo armor but I've been procrastinating like no tomorrow. I decided I wanted to start already so here I am. I honestly don't know where to begin but I do know I want to build a Mark VI armor but I want to tone the bulkiness down to look more feminine. It's not an easy quest but I'm determined.

Name: Tim
Profession: construction laborer/comercial diver-underwater welder in training
Favorite Hobby: I can't say I have one favourite hobby, but.. game console asthetic modding, gaming, guitar, art and CAD, the art of outdoor cooking :) and of course, prop building
Favorite Part of Halo: The fiction of the entire Halo universe to me is enthralling. I love the concepts of spartans and futuristic tech.
Favorite Halo Game: Halo Anniversary/Halo Reach
Favorite Video Games: Halo series, Legend of Zelda series, Elders crolls series, Dead Space series, Borderlands, Forza 4... and many more :)
Other Interests: Cosplay,video games,books,comics,music,art,food.. also as an interest, I would like to find other prop builders in my local.
Favorite Food: Everything that comes off a grill.
Favorite Movie/Series: not sure.. I don't watch much TV.
Favorite Music: Metal/Melodic Metal, or Classic Rock

I actually started building Halo props before I discovered the 405th, and I am currently working on three different sets of Reach armor. However, I am really stoked to learn from others and see what they build! Sometime in the future I'll show some of my own builds and will be more than happy to share what I know! Peace!

Name: Michael
Profession: EB Games, L'Oreal fragrances, Model, Actor, Stuntman, martial arts instructor, philosophy student. I get around.
Favorite Hobby: Martial arts. Currently have black belts in Krav Maga and Hapkido, training in Muay Thai and BJJ currently.
Favorite part of Halo: The night time sniping mission in Halo 1!
Favorite Halo: One.
Favorite Video Game: Starcraft 2.
Other Interests: The most generic mish-mash of the most generic interests imaginable.
Favorite Food: Anything, so long as its warm. Ish.
Favorite Finisher: Deadpool in UMVC3.
Favorite Band: Evil Nine, Parov Stelar.
Favorite Movie(s): THEY'RE REMAKING TOTAL RECALL. WHY ARE THEY REMAKING TOTAL RECALL.
Other: I contain illicit amounts of awesome

Name: James Parker
Profession: Not sure if it counts but I help fix classic cars.
Favorite Part of Halo: Whenever the Halo: Combat Evolved battle theme plays
Favorite Hobby: Fixing cars
Favorite Halo: 1
Favorite Video Game: Age of Empires: II The Age of Kings
Other Interests: Building computers and programs, well lots of other nerdy things.
Favorite Food: Beef Stew
Favorite Armor: ODST armor
Favorite Movie: Kiki's Delivery Service (loved it sence I was little)
Other:.....Star Wars is cool too.

Name: Alexander
Profession: Work at General Mills as a Operator
Favorite Hobby: Video Games, cooking, blacksmithing and reading mostly
Favorite part of halo: The evolving story line, character and the ODST.
Favorite Halo: 2
Favorite Video Game: Halo or COD mostly
Other Interests:Hanging out with my future wife.
Favorite Food: Meat and Potatoes
Favorite Finisher: Oprime to megatron
Favorite Band: The Fixx
Favorite Movie(s): to many to put down

Name: John
Profession: None as of right now
Favorite Hobby: Video Games, Science, Politics and having fun
Favorite part of halo: The fiction, I absolutely love the universe that Halo is, from the games to the books.
Favorite Halo: Halo 3, but probably because it was my first.
Favorite Video Game: Halo, Metroid, Zelda, CoD
Favorite Food: Eggplant parmesan
Other: I like to debate, but only intelligently.

Name: Chris
Profession: I lifeguard and mentor at a robotics camp
Favorite Hobby:Robotics, RC, video games, Building
Favorite Halo: Reach
Favorite Video Game: Halo Reach
Other interests: fixing electronics and music
Favorite Food:Hamburgers or ribs
Favorite armor: Mark V

Name: Rab
Profession: Freelance model maker/concept designer
Favorite Part of Halo: noscopes. woooo
Favorite Hobby: Making anything. this site may be good for me...
Favorite Halo: 2
Favorite Video Game: Halo 2
Other Interests: reggae, sun, mj.
Favorite Food: Hoi-sin & garlic chicken with cashews.
Favorite Armor: too hard. really diggin the halo 4 stuff right now.
Favorite Movie: half baked?
Other:side (come on down)

peace.x

Hey guys, my name is Matt Poitras, originally from Canada. I'm 18 and I currently work at a Officer's Mess washing dishes. Other than that, I have several hobbies including assorted sports, video games, and overall arts in general. The story line of Halo is what gets me going. It's a future I can see coming for the human race and it's believable. It's also not just a heroic tale, as there are dark parts to it, and the mix of emotions you feel is really what attracts me. My favorite Halo has to be Reach. The storyline is exposed and you find out what happened to the other Spartans. (Cool graphics are a plus) I play League of Legends, I have an account on EU2 and I'm a brony. Slightly into roleplaying and me and a few of my friends are working on a film project set in somewhat of a future setting. I'm into Punk goes Pop and my favorite movie has to be the Shawshank Redemption.

Looking forward to feedback and getting to know everyone of 405th. Hopefully you guys will be as helpful as I pride myself to be.

Matt.

Made this account a while ago. Gettin started again after a move...and a confusing identity crisis with my email address and another account but back online and ready to make some fine armor!

Name- Sam
Occupation- Retail part time
Favorite Show- Aqua Teen
Role Model- Batman (animated series, Kevin Conroy)
Favorite Quote- "Tonight!" Carl Brutananadilewski

my name is HB, i just started my first halo armor project and i saw a lot of 405th videos on youtube so i desided to join the community to learn tricks from more experienced people, i will show you pictures of the helmet soon!

Name: Rouseau
Profession: Graduate student (digital filmmaking) and IT/contract work.
Favorite Hobby: Probably papercrafting for now.
Favorite part of halo: It isn't set during World War 2.
Favorite Halo: 1
Favorite Video Game: Earthbound
Other Interests: I am getting a Master's in making movies so I guess I might as well be interested in that.
Favorite Food: Curry.
Favorite Band: The Avalanches
Favorite Movie(s): Annie Hall, The Graduate, Rashomon
Other: I can play the Godfather love theme on the ukulele. Please, hold your applause.

I've been prowling this forum for a few days, so I figured I'd best get the newbish days over with. I do plan to stick around for a while. Big dreams don't come easy. :)

Name: Martha Allen or Reeses is just fine
Profession: I've been camped out at Gamestop for the past six years, but I'm hoping my new journey to college will start to dominate my life.
Favorite Hobby: Crafting and I've got my eyes set on Pepakura as my newest project.
Favorite part of halo: Honestly, I cannot pick. Halo was the first thing that was mine and not something I got from my older sisters.
Favorite Halo: 2. The months spent online still litter my dreams.
Favorite Video Game: Mass Effect or Elder Scrolls or Halo. Really, you cannot expect me to choose. My brain might melt.
Other Interests: I love reading. The imagination is such a wonder to explore and reading can sometimes bring out the brightest colors. And I guess I'm a bit of a TV addicted...
Favorite Food: I love a good steak but I'll settle for fish or shrimp anytime.
Favorite Finisher: Really? (I really wanted to answer everything...)
Favorite Band: Too many, must I choose? I like rock, pop, and anything I can dance or sing too.
Favorite Movie(s): The Fifth Element and Star Wars. They left an impact on my life.
Other: I rock; I rave; And I regret nothing. You will never meet a more positive person in your life.

And as a after note, I'm totally and superly excited about making myself Halo armor!!!!!!! or is it armour.... Either way, I'm ready for the challenge and the experience. I'm no stranger to try try again. I consider my past creations to be mere childsplay compared to this endeavor. Finally, something exciting and much more tangible. Of course if any of you need help making colorful dreads, cyberlox, tutus, wings, or decorative bras then I'm your girl! Okay yeah, I'm sure that's a no but we've all got our different areas of experience. XD

Name: Owain Williams
Profession: Looking for work
Favorite Hobby: Halo, Skiing, Tumblr and Deadpool
Favorite part of halo: Finding out Chief wasnt dead was the best moment for me, but the best feature is the story line. Most campaigns follow a fairly average story line but Halo is just amazing, I have spent weeks looking into the halo sotry line and origins and I still dont know it all.
Favorite Halo: 3
Favorite Video Game: Halo 3
Other Interests: Music, Food, Tumblr
Favorite Food: Chicken Kiev
Favorite Finisher: Ninja (I have trouble pulling it off in reach though)
Favorite Band: DONT MAKE ME CHOOSE! I like classic stuff like, Iron Maiden, Queen, The Who, Motorhead. But I also like things like Weezer, or gaming related stuff like Dan Bull or TryHardNinja.
Favorite Movie(s): The Breakfast Club, Cant Buy Me Love (80's teen movies in general) Forrest Gump, Taken
Other: Im a 1/4th of a YouTube channel called PixelHunterFilms, our videos at the moment are kind of crude but were just getting started

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back