Introduce Yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good day everybody!

I've decided to join this community because it looks promising, fun and helpful!
I'll try my best to read as much as possible and help others the best way I can.

Unfortunately I will copy and paste the standard layout but I hope it'll do:

Name: Yuri Hendrix (you can call me Master chief if you'd like to ;).....Just 'Yuri' Is okay)

Profession: I work at times when there's something to do. I sell "french" fries, hamburgers, drinks or anything else.

Age: 17 (From 27th of november, that'll be 14 days from now)

Favorite Hobby: Video Gaming, olaying guitar

Favorite part of Halo: When Master Chief leaps into space with a bomb in halo 2 (Music, visuals and epicness in a perfect combination)

Favorite Halo: Halo 2

Favorite Video Game: Halo (every halo is a good halo imo), Dark souls and Zelda

Other Interests: I like playing guitar, I have been playing only for a few months but I'm a fast learner!

Favorite Food: I have no preference, I like most foods :)

Favorite Band: I've got an immense variety of music which I listen to. From deep house to indie, even a little bit of metal, hardstyle etc. My favorite music at this moment is Deep House, and my favorite artist in this genre is Kygo.
Although I also like artists like Nas (rap) Avicii (house) deadmau5(I really love deadmau5 music, almost as much as kygo). But also artists like Mumford & sons, cristina perri, Rolling stones, Beatles, Bryan adams, John denver, Johnny cash.
Talk to me about music and I know music from back the the 50's, even though it's not much :)

Favorite TV Show(s): South Park, spongebob, drake & josh. Mr robot (!), lillyhammer, the walking dead.

Favorite Movie(s): All quiet on the western front, Band of brothers. Saving private ryan. Inception. Letters from iwo jima. Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn. (so basically, mostly World war Movies).

Other: I think i'm quite good at halo :)

Name: Greg
Profession: I'm a signaller on the railway
Favorite Hobby: Digital painting
Favorite Halo: 5
Other Interests: Basically anything involving photoshop, illustrator, digital art and graphic design
Favorite Movie(s): Italian Job and the Back to the Future films

I came across this site while I was researching ways of making a bust for another project that I started a while back. I've always liked crafty stuff so seeing the pepakura items people make on here really got my creative juices flowing.

Name: Luke
Profession: University, CS major
Favorite Hobby: Video games, movies
Favorite part of halo: The very first time I played halo 3
Favorite Halo: 3
Favorite Video Game: Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, This is hard, Fallout might be the top though
Other Interests: Guitar, Music, Game dev, Programming, Cars
Favorite Food: Pasta
Favorite Band: My taste is too varied for a favorite, currently a lot of modest mouse, usually centers it's self around alt-rock and garage rock
Favorite Movie(s): Star Wars, Edge of Tomorrow is a recent addition, Pacific Rim

I'm fairly sure it's near impossible to have any interest in costume making and not come across this place very quickly, hoping to start a set of Power Armour from Fallout soon, and document my progress and a complete beginner.

Name: Steve
Profession: I teach people how to make a residual income so they don't have to work until they die ;)
Age: 45 feeling old but still give you teens a run for ya money :)
Favorite Hobby: Tonnes of stuff from Scuba to Model making
Favorite part of halo: everyone is human :)
Favorite Halo: 1
Favorite Video Game: Has to be World of Warcraft
Other Interests: Off Roading, I race a Cut down (tray back) Range Rover
Favorite Food: Fish
Favorite Finisher: Portal (The song is just mint)
Favorite Band: hmmm couldn't choose
Favorite Movie(s): Pirates of the Caribbean, Harry Potter, Inception and many more :)

Looking forward to uplaoding some of my Pepakura designs and downloading a few of yours :)
Other: I was chosen for the Birtish Olympic Gymnastic Team when I was young but was injured before I could go :(

Name: benjamin
Profession: ARMY RANGER
Favorite Hobby: BUILDING AND CREATING
Favorite part of halo: the ability to never up
Favorite Halo: 1
Favorite Video Game: orger battle 64
Other Interests: build my jeep up, custom furniture, tinking with electronics
Favorite Food: asian
Favorite Finisher: frozen heart
Favorite Band: no idea
Favorite Movie(s): gladiator, 300, more

im trying to start my first pep filhe files build but having a little issue being able to access the files i need to get some more permission to continue , but really excited to get the build underway. i have a lot of great ideas just need to get started to so i can add some conversations to the forums

thanks

Name: Rick Boer
Profession: Biology teacher
Favorite Hobby: Costuming
Favorite part of halo: Story
Favorite Halo: 2
Favorite Video Game: Metal Gear Solid, Halo, Assassin's Creed
Other Interests: my family and friends, movies, music etc.
Favorite Food: Broodje Kroket!!
Armors: Boba Fett
Other: Ask away :p

Hi everyone!

I'm Brett and I am 28. I have been lurking here for some time drooling over the awesome work some of you guys have done. I have wanted a master chief suit pretty much since the good ole halo 1 came out and I have decided to finally try to make that dream a reality. I have decided to go full pep mark vi after seeing some of longshotx's work. As this is my first suit I hope to get it at least half as good as his but I am going to take my time. Perfection can't be rushed :) I hope to attend a con meetup one day in the future with a badass suit so cheers to day 1.

Name: Corey Holl
Profession: Computer Technician
Favorite Hobby: Playing video games, Watching awesome shows and recently amateur costuming/ prop-making
Favorite part of Halo: The amazing and gripping story
Favorite Halo: Halo 2 & 3
Favorite Video Game: Mass Effect, KOTOR, Halo, Fallout
Favorite Movie: Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Saving Private Ryan
Favorite Food: Anything hot enough to burn a hole in my mouth
Other Interests: Reading Science Fiction and Playing with technology

I'm currently in the middle of my first build which is a set of MK VI from Halo 3. I have never been to a convention before but am super excited to finish my costume and have a chance to go. It will be great to get to meet lots of cool passionate people like myself and see what kinds of awesome costumes they come up with.

Hi. I'm new to armor making and cant wait to get started. My goal is to finish by the end of my school year, just in time for Colasal con. I got introduced to halo by a web series called Red VS Blue. I'm gonna see if I can get my hand on a game over the holidays so I can experience the campaign, but right now I'm sticking to the movies and fan made content, along with the cut scenes on YouTube.

Name: Cheyenne Allred (that's not a typo)
Favorite Hobby: Swimming and Horseback riding (when I can)
Favorite part of halo: The idea of enhanced human and armor!
Favorite Halo: 4
Favorite Video Game: Need For Speed and Lego anything
Other Interests: I love to listen to music and watch movies
Favorite Food: Chocolate cake and Crab
Favorite Band: Fall Out Boy
Favorite Movie(s): Jurassic Park series, Star Wars 4-6, anything Disney
Other: I am the Activity Manager of my School's Anime Club

I'm hoping to get started on my Mark VI Build in the next week. I hope the people around me will be willing to help. I need all the help I can get if I wanna get this done by June. Maybe after con I can start on other models with my cousins.

Name: Seth Wright
Profession: Flooring Installer
Favorite Hobby:Guitar
Favorite part of halo: I've got a big place in my heart for Sergeant Johnson
Favorite Halo: Combat Evolved will always be my favorite
Favorite Video Game: Elder Scrolls Oblivion
Favorite Band: Black Label Society
Favorite Movie(s):Star Wars- Return of the Jedi

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you better in the future, keep building!

Name Daniel H.
Profession: U.S. Navy
Favorite Hobby: Sports... All of them
Favorite Halo: 2
Favorite Video Game: Madden series, Halo series
Other Interests: Theology, Law
Favorite Food: Anything that doesn't eat me first
All Other Favorites: I don't really have them. Way to many good things on the earth to find just one favorite.

Hi i am new here and i want to start a big project but first i should introduce myself

Name: Tanguy (Pierre) DC.
Profession: Graphic designer for Mahe medical Thailand & germany
Favorite Hobby: Video games, Extreme sports
Favorite part of halo: The main story of the Halo collection
Favorite Halo: Reach
Favorite Video Game: Halo series, Need For Speed, Microsoft Flight simulator X, Digital combat simulator, Arma II & III
Other Interests: Motorcycle racing, inventing crazy stuffs go-kart racing, BB Gun, Paint ball, Forest walk
Favorite Food: Steak Hache
Favorite Finisher: -
Favorite Band: -
Favorite Movie(s): Pearl harbor, EX machina
Other: I was in the thailand nationnal motorcycle championship 2013 250cc class

I think that's all guys :)

New to site, from Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada. Thinking about trying my hand at some costume fabrication, have previously done lots of scale plastic modeling, metal and fibreglass work, not scared of a challenge or new projects. Not a video gamer, but enjoyed my first Comacon is Saskatoon this fall.Liked the time and effort and passion folks put into all the costumes

Name: Kriss
Profession: Indie Games Developer
Favorite Hobby: Playing and making games.. one of those two
Favorite part of halo: The story!
Favorite Halo: ODST for my love of ODST's, but mechanics and gameplay wise.. Reach or 5.. theyre both at the same level atm..
Favorite Video Game: HALO! the Elder Scrolls series, Gears of War, Smite, League of Legends.. games..
Other Interests: Martial Arts is pretty big for me, Parkour and freerunning, music of many varieties (Playing and listening).
Favorite Food: Kinder Bueno's
Favorite Band: Area 11
Favorite Movie(s): LotR series
Other: I help run one of the biggest player organised gatherings for EVE Online

Name: Ivan

Favorite Hobbies: Building LEGOs (Haven't built one in a while but I still love it) and playing the piano

Favorite part of Halo: A story line like the one from the Halo series you will not find in ANY game EVER

Favorite Halo game: Halo 5: Guardians (MAN I loved that campaign!!!)

Favorite Video Games: Halo series, Battlefield 4, Warframe, World of Warships, Armored Warfare, War Thunder, Star Wars Battlefront series, LEGO Star Wars series, LEGO Indiana Jones 1 and 2, and a lot of other games

Favorite Gaming Platform(s): Xbox 360, Xbox One, Gaming PC Master Race (sorry guys I just had to say it XD. No discrimination towards other gamers by the way ;) )

Other Interests: I LOVE music, computer sciences, aviation, the Civil Air Patrol (United States Air Force Auxiliary just so you know. Please no jokes about the CAP I don't tolerate those)

Favorite Food: I love to eat so I can't say I have a favorite food because I love them all

Favorite Bands: Newsboys, Fireflight, and Red

Favorite Movie(s): James Cameron's Avatar, Transformers, Transformers 2: Rise of the Fallen, Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon, God's Not Dead, Heaven is for Real, Terminator Salvation, Terminator Genesys, San Andreas, White House Down, Olympus has Fallen, and a lot of others

Spoken languages: English and Spanish

Upcomming project aspirations: Project Hayabusa (planning to do Hayabusa pepakura armor from Halo 3), Project Fotus (if I find the full armor set I'm planning to do it)

Name: Edson Arredondo
Profession: Just study, lost my job weeks ago
Favorite Hobby: Video Games :D
Favorite part of halo: The Story line
Favorite Halo: Halo 2 or Reach
Favorite Video Game: The Binding Of Isaac
Other Interests: I like to draw even though I'm not pretty good xD
Favorite Food: Hamburguers
Favorite Band: Imagine Dragons
Favorite Movie(s): Hot Rod, Chronicles
Other: I've been living in the US for 3 years, but I was born in Mexico
Upcomming project aspirations: I really want to make a Halo armor or at least a helmet :D

Name: Jordan Miller
Profession: Tire manufacturer
Favorite hobby: repairing and building all manner of things
Favorite video game: I have interest in many different video games.
Other Intresets: Cosplaying, reading manga, watching anime

Name: Richard
Profession:
Engineer
Favorite Hobby:
Reading
Favorite part of halo:
The story including the expanded universe
Favorite Halo:
Halo 3
Favorite Video Game:
Halo 3
Other Interests:
Watching films, Camping and spending time with my family
Favorite Food:
Home made meat and potato pie with henderson's relish
Favorite Band: Foo Fighters
Favorite Movie(s): Army of darkness and many many more far to many to list

i've just started building a
mjolnir mk vii pep helmet and then the full suit, ive been playing halo since it first came out then moved on to the books the story line is better than most books never mind a game

Thanks

Name: Chris
Profession: Police Captain
Favorite Hobby: Too many to list
Favorite Part of Halo: The armor, and the stories
Favorite Halo: The only one I played was the first one, buy I watch my son play the others.
Other Interests: Raising our kids, sports
Favorite Food: Definitely anything Chinese
Favorite Band: Sabaton and Hammerfall
Favorite Movies: So many

Built a space marine outfit for Halloween 2 years ago and now my kid is all about Halo so I am looking forward to learning from all of you and building my own armor.

I took a very long break from cosplaying (we just called it wearing a costume back then). When I came back everyone was talking about Pepkaura. My first testbuild was the Master Chief helmet file. I'd previously been a strictly fabric person and was immediately in love. Since then, I've build several other things, but never went back to the whole Mjolnir suit. I've learned a lot in the last two years and am excited to add a Halo rig to my lineup.

Name: T
Profession: Technical Writer (don't let the typos fool ya)
Favorite Hobby: Building stuff. I probably should have been an engineer.
Favorite part of halo: I really enjoy the story; I even read some of the book crossovers.
Favorite Halo: Halo 1. The one that brought me to the party.
Other Interests: Writing (non-techy stuff), reading, music (working on a new project now) and adventuring
Favorite Food: Pizza
Favorite Movie(s): The Thing (the original version), Aliens 2 and the 5th Element

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back