Official pepakura scaling thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Redsleighdown said:
Has anyone thought about not scaling and just making a full size MC for display hmm?

Thats what I sort of did.

I made a MC Helmet that could fit my head perfectly, and one that was pretty big to be for my display.

But, the suit that fits me, comes first. :Steve:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ostrich said:
Umm well what if its in jpg format and not in pepakura? Where should you put in the information then? Also since I've got a Mac it pops up in Preview? So what should I do?

I don't want to restart the Mac vs PC war, but I would say that if you don't have Pepakura or can't run it, you are not going to get a lot of support.

If someone here who owned a Mac could tell you what wonderful software you can use to edit the pictures, all you really would need to do is figure out what percentage size you are of MC and just resize it to that percentage.

The "fix-all" would be to find a way to use the Pepakura software, however.

how do u scale ur helmet/suit.. i wanna make sure mine is gunna fit me before i print it all out
I believe that was explained on page one.

I do have a question though, unless it was explained and I missed it.
Ive scaled it to my size and everything, but the problem I have is, when I goto print, it says the paper size is pepakura default, and asks me to switch. Is there specifically something I should be doing before printing it?

First you need to go to 'Print and Paper Configuration', either in the Configuration or File drop down menus on the task bar. Here you can change the paper type, layout and margins.

Next go to 'Print' or 'Printer Setup' in the File menu and click the properties button. Here you'll have to change the layout to match whatever you chose before, and you can change the paper size if you need to by clicking the 'Advanced' button.

Chances are that after all this, Pepakura will still say that you might need to scale the pattern down to fit. Say no; it will be fine.

i scaled it to what was on the first page cuz its my size.. and the numbers overlap?? is anybody else getting that? or should i just reprint
??

Redsleighdown said:
Has anyone thought about not scaling and just making a full size MC for display hmm?

Wellthats the grand plan for me. My Helmet is like 50% done, but I'm using a different technique. Personally, I'm not into dressing up in Master Chief's armor. Some big shoes to fill :p.

blinkava44 said:
i scaled it to what was on the first page cuz its my size.. and the numbers overlap?? is anybody else getting that? or should i just reprint
??
The numbers sometimes do overlap unless you change the font size in the Configuration menu. If it's going to create a problem for you, I'd say reprint them. I didn't have a problem myself because it didn't happen too often.

I'm 5'8", and i scaled it down correctly so the length fits, but im not a hardcore marine, and certainly dont have the body of one. I just completed the left forearm, and well length is perfect, but the width is horrible. how would i scale it so that the width matches me?

Frizzlefry said:
Ostrich said:
Umm well what if its in jpg format and not in pepakura? Where should you put in the information then? Also since I've got a Mac it pops up in Preview? So what should I do?

I don't want to restart the Mac vs PC war, but I would say that if you don't have Pepakura or can't run it, you are not going to get a lot of support.

If someone here who owned a Mac could tell you what wonderful software you can use to edit the pictures, all you really would need to do is figure out what percentage size you are of MC and just resize it to that percentage.

The "fix-all" would be to find a way to use the Pepakura software, however.

You'll probably have to run a Windows emulation using a virtual PC-type program. If you're not familiar with this concept, I can try to dig out the information a friend gave me many moons ago, but it's a possibility of being able to use pepakura. However, emulating a Windows virtual machine on a Mac is kinda.... Quirky. There are occasionally weird glitches that come up that can crash the emulation or the station, so be careful.

Zoom in on each individual page, if not each piece, and make minute adjustments to make sure you don't have any lines across page borders.

Frizzlefry said:
Add up your height in inches. There is 12" to a foot. We'll use my hieght for the example. I am 5'11" which equals 71 inches.

How exactly does that equal 71 inches?
Wouldn't it be 61? =/

I'm sorry if I'm completely wrong here, but I live in Europe, so I'm only really familiar with centimetres.

I just found this site yesterday and its great. I was so eager to make the helmet i didnt see this thread....... sadness. I made the default helmet and its clearly sized for the real MC. It took me like 6 hours, well, i guess i'll try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back