Official pepakura scaling thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok i downloaded the new version of pepakura viewer 3 and i cant find a 2d pattern window can anyone help me find out what im doing wrong if anything

ok i downloaded the new version of pepakura viewer 3 and i cant find a 2d pattern window can anyone help me find out what im doing wrong if anything
First of all, you posted your question on the wrong forum.

When you open a file, the 2d window is the right half of the screen. Read the sticky called Grunt's Guide to Pepakura.

I have pep 3 and when I put in my scale in scale factor, it says "specify 1-2000 for assembled size," and is not scaling it... help please.

Aghhh :/

Sorry sorry sorry if this is already answered... I did my math based on my height of 66inches. My scale number was 23.285, When i scale everything to this in pepakura the pieces dont fit in the pages... is this normal? any and all advice is greatly appreciated! sorry for being a noob! this is my first attempt at a helmet. :$

My scale number was 23.285, When i scale everything to this in pepakura the pieces dont fit in the pages... is this normal?
Yes, it is. The next step is to move the pieces around so that they fit within the margin. If the piece is too big, use the Join/Disjoin Faces to cut it to smaller pieces.

file: MKV_helnet_MOZ
(mark 5)

I failed to read the scaling thread (the default for mine was 23.50000 for some reason.) It turned out too small. After failing I used this formula:

I'm 5 feet 6 inches (66 inches) I added +2 inches for a little breathing room.
Used the formula 68/86 x 30.342 = .7906976... etc....
.7906976 x 30.342 = 23.991348...etc...

It came out PERFECT. Slightly a bit big but that's what I wanted.

I have some concern about the rest of the suit Mark 5. It should all come out correctly right?

I'm also trying to make some Mark VI armor, but I can't find Friz's files since the hosting location seems to have vanished.
Can I use the same scaling rules for ROBOGENESIS's Mark VI armor?

Hey 405th! I'd say I'm new to pepakura, just having finished up my first helmet. I'm using the standard detail Mark VI armor off of the Halo Costuming Wikia and I'm having problems getting it to fit. The first time I pepped the chest without sizing it and it turned out WAAAAY to big. I've used the formula that determines the size of the armor by height (on the first page of this thread), but unfortunately it didn't turn out much better the second time. It was a bit smaller, but still far from what I'm looking for. My problem is that I'm tall, but thin. I've pepped this chest 3 times already and as you guys know that's a lot of work. I really don't want to keep guessing on the size and having to re-do it over again. I measured all the dimensions of my body that might be helpful in sizing my armor and posted it below.

72’ Height
23’ Head
38’ Chest or 45’ Over-arm chest
32' Waist (under naval) or 34' Hip (around backside)
34' Inseam (sole of foot to crotch) or 42' Outseam (sole of foot to waist)
17’ Shoulder to Shoulder
12’ Bicep
11’ Forearm
19’ Thigh
14’ Calf
11’ x 5’ Foot

IF THERE IS ANYONE THAT CAN HELP ME SIZE IT OR OFFER ANY ADVICE, I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT. :$

Thanks!
-Jonathan

I put together MKVI-Helmet-Robogenesis build and its huge! I think it would fit Master Chief, or Predator, but they already have helmets. I'm '5"9 190lbs "38 waist "40 chest "24 around horizontal, 25" around vertical head. The helmet looks awesome! Big and awesome, gonna finish it off, and keep it as a wall hanger.

So..I used a method of scaling where you print out a picture of master chief or whatever armour you want to create, then you find the height of the paper character in cm, then you find your height in cm and then do some dividing to get a scaling multiplier, which you use to multiply by the length of each individual armour portion on the picture so it is scaled to your person.

This is obviously not a full explanation, but I was wondering if anyone else uses this method and what they think of it? I'm still working on my first suit of armour [Mark VI in HD] and for some pieces the scaling method SEEMS to work fine, but for other such as the shin and shoulders, they seems ridiculously large [mostly in width, not too bad in length] I guess the main problem I'm having is I don't know, even after scaling, HOW the armour should fit! Before padding and such.

I think it would be really awesome if someone could post pictures on how the armour should fit, because I am at a total loss and I have no idea as to whether this scaling method is actually working for me, or if these pieces are far too large.

If anyone could help me out by posting in this thread or PMing me, that would be awesome!

Thanks!

I think it would be really awesome if someone could post pictures on how the armour should fit

What's wrong with all the awesome projects that are going on or have even been finished? Or actual reference from Bungie and the games?

Because most pictures Are of people wearing their completed armour and such. Nothing actually shows how the armour should fit, before padding. Such as, how much empty space should there be between the piece and your body, how the piece should rest on you/what position, and where the ends of the armour should end up i.e. where the armour should end such as, how far up or down the arm the shoulder should go.

The Halo 3 marine elbow, shoulder and shin fit me perfectly. I'm 6 foot, and very skinny. I'll edit this when I finish the rest of the armor

I'm not sure if this is the place to ask, but how do I scale the VROGY Halo 3 Marine armor? I'm 5 foot 3, and even though I'm pretty darn overweight, I have the build of a regular person.

Hey can anyone help me with the scaling of the Hayabusa Chest armor Model By Skupilkinson Unfolded By Smilie120 Ive been trying to rescale it for myself and each time I try its to small for me. I'm 6'5" and my chest is about a 52" (I'm a big guy) anything you guys can do to help me would be greatly appriciated.

Under 2D Menu, Recalculate parts layout.

now does anyone know where FRAZ's Mjolnir pep files are now? ive been searching around for a while

Hey can anyone help me with the scaling of the Hayabusa Chest armor Model By Skupilkinson Unfolded By Smilie120 Ive been trying to rescale it for myself and each time I try its to small for me. I'm 6'5" and my chest is about a 52" (I'm a big guy) anything you guys can do to help me would be greatly appriciated.
Sorry, I didn't see this sooner. What is the assembled height of your Mark VI chest piece?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back