3d Model Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

mchammertime

My friends and i are big anime people, and i was wondering if anyone could model this. It would need to be a fairly smooth model of just the upper lip to the forehead. I plan on making a latex appliance out of it. I am not sure if this is in the right forum, but if it needs to be moved, sorry.

Here's a pic of the face.
ryuuku.jpg

You would probably be better off sculpting it, i don't think pep would work very well for this kind of application.

p0rtalman said:
You would probably be better off sculpting it, i don't think pep would work very well for this kind of application.
I argee, once the model is built, where are going to go next with the model. It's almost impossible to make something like that from pepakura and make it look realistic. The only two options U can think of are eithe sculpt it and mold it, or just have somebody put make-up on you.

Last edited by a moderator:
basically, i planned on using fiberglass, resin, bondo, etc. like on other armor peices and then making a latex mold appliance from the form. I just thought this might be a good way to go, because i am a complete n00b when it comes to clay.

@skg - i :love: death note

Well you could go 2 ways. The pep could start as a sort of armature for some kind of clay. hell you could even try crayola model magic. Someone made an entire suit if armor from Bubblegum crisis with it and it came out SWEET! (check cosplay.com and Look up Priss Asagari Harduit).

I'd offer to do it MC, I'm just way too overloaded :(

I think i would go for the sculpting in clay option. I think pep is great for stuff like helmets and armour and weapons, but for more organic pieces , like faces etc, i would; make a clay sculpt, make a plaster cast of it, then either do a solid latex mould, or do a fibre glass mould.

You can have a look on the AMACO website they have a whole load of different types of sculpting mediums.

Just my 2c worth.

When I built the Brute Chieftain undersuit I went with sculpting and then poured my latex. I suggest you follow the others advice and get yourself a foam mannequin head and some sculpting clay and get busy :) Good luck soldier. Oh and if you can't get a foam mannequin head Sean Bradley did a piece on life casting your head with tape.

Cheers,
Kensai

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back