Paradoxdj's 7th Column

Status
Not open for further replies.

paradoxdj

after i make my current armor i'll be trying my hand at molding, so instead of using alot of expensive silicone on screwing up trying to make my first helmet mold i decided to do a smaller scale object. i thought i'd try to make a logo, but since i don't really have much skills with clay yet and the fact that there were no logo pep files i'd make my own, i have a pretty good knowledge of the program but this is still my first model, i think it it turned out really well.

so far it's scaled to about 1 foot in width, and i unfolded it myself.
tell me what you think, and if you want this just pm me with your email

i'll be making a beta file that has complete symmetry.

my7thcolmnpep.jpg

SoullessSin said:
Wow that's pretty cool. Can you make some other ones? :eek:

what type of other ones, like other logos? i'm gonna try to later on but for today it's just the 7th column.

btw i have the second version finished and ready for mailing, just pm me with your email and you'll get the 7th column as soon as i can send it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Graverobber said:
make the halo symbol!

well it tried that but i first need to know how to do the "smooth sides" thing like on the smooth helm files. once i figure out how to do that then i'll definitely do one :D

Got the file. Looks pretty good. I'll try to built it this weekend and post a pic. Thanks for the file.

Just finished this up. Pic may not be the best but gives you the idea.

7thColumn.jpg

The only problem is, like any enclosed model, some tabs are difficult to get into place. Simple build. Unless you have a retarded monkey moment like I did.

Thanks again for the file.

you beat me...looks good. i was going to do this tomorrow when i woke... looks good. what are you going to do with it?

i was thinking of fiberglassing the sides and cutting out the face and putting some leds in there with a plexiglass front... and hang it on the wall.

or get one of them clock kits and make it into a clock... that would be tits.

Not sure what I'll do with it yet. May rescale one, print, and use as a template for a wooden one as a wall plaque.

dude that looks sweet (y) , it feels nice to have made something that people want to make :D lol

@DreadMullet
- dude thats an awesome idea, if you make it you have to send me pictures :lol:

paradoxdj said:
well it tried that but i first need to know how to do the "smooth sides" thing like on the smooth helm files. once i figure out how to do that then i'll definitely do one :D

To get the smooth sides you need to start off by modeling the curves with a fair amount of faces so as the surface curves the angle on each polly isn't sharp. Then when you export it to pep go to open the configuration drop down menu and select line and style configuration. In the window that pops up, down at the bottom theres a little text field with arrows next to it that tells pep what angles to consider flat. So if you select 175 degrees every angle 175 degrees and up to 180 degrees will be seen as flat. Just fiddle around with that until your happy with it.
Hope i could have helped.

Falling_Jihad said:
To get the smooth sides you need to start off by modeling the curves with a fair amount of faces so as the surface curves the angle on each polly isn't sharp. Then when you export it to pep go to open the configuration drop down menu and select line and style configuration. In the window that pops up, down at the bottom theres a little text field with arrows next to it that tells pep what angles to consider flat. So if you select 175 degrees every angle 175 degrees and up to 180 degrees will be seen as flat. Just fiddle around with that until your happy with it.
Hope i could have helped.
I couldn't have said it clearer myself. This is a good pep file. Great for display and the like. Keep up the good work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back