The Official 405th Q & A Team!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ummm sorry about this but would it be a dumb idea to suggest that you have a thread ddedicated to those who are looking to sell there gear? or dose that contradict the whole "where here to learn together to create armor as an individual" mood?

Ummm sorry about this but would it be a dumb idea to suggest that you have a thread ddedicated to those who are looking to sell there gear? or dose that contradict the whole "where here to learn together to create armor as an individual" mood?

We have one......for veteran members...those with 100 posts or promoted to veteran because of their prop or costume or both

When i get to the resin part of the Mark V suit im making for my brother (still in cutting folding gluing stage, and is looking a bit too small, so might have to redo helm) anyways, this build is almost as easy as the marine armor from halo one, so i should be to the resin part soon, and my question involves safety. Is a expensive respirator really necessary or will a doctors/sanding mask do the trick? it seemed to when i made my first helmet, which sucked, but i dont want to mess myself up.

When i get to the resin part of the Mark V suit im making for my brother (still in cutting folding gluing stage, and is looking a bit too small, so might have to redo helm) anyways, this build is almost as easy as the marine armor from halo one, so i should be to the resin part soon, and my question involves safety. Is a expensive respirator really necessary or will a doctors/sanding mask do the trick? it seemed to when i made my first helmet, which sucked, but i dont want to mess myself up.
No, a sanding/doctors mask does not protect you from the fumes resin gives off. Splurge a little and go get yourself a nice respirator, you'll be glad you did in the long run.

Just a general FYI.... if you have Vista, you cannot suppost Firewire or and video recording programs apparently..... I havnt stopped raging since i found this out after i built my computer a year ago, and too poor to sitch ti Windows7

Just a general FYI.... if you have Vista, you cannot suppost Firewire or and video recording programs apparently..... I havnt stopped raging since i found this out after i built my computer a year ago, and too poor to sitch ti Windows7

vista abosolutely sucks, i dont have windows 7, i have windows 2000/xp i believe, althought i havent recorded any videos yet, it will be insteresting to try that out

would you consider emailing me some pics with the dimensions of the helmet? that would be great cuz i need lots of peps for a film i am going to make (still in the concept stage) my email is bwinks26@hotmail.com

Sorry I didn't respond sooner, yeah if you want some pics of it i can definitely hook you up. It's actually at my parents house so i can probably get them to you by the weekend.

how much would it cost to have one of you make me a recon or odst armor set?
im 5'3 and 125 pounds.

well, there's a lot of variables affecting price:
1. customer satisfaction (from pictures)
2. materials used (cardstock, resin, fiberglass, bondo, etc.)
3. quality (byproduct of #2)
4. seller's preference (what WE think is a resonable price)
5. haggling (self explanatory)

how much would it cost to have one of you make me a recon or odst armor set?
im 5'3 and 125 pounds.

well, there's a lot of variables affecting price:
1. customer satisfaction (from pictures)
2. materials used (cardstock, resin, fiberglass, bondo, etc.)
3. quality (byproduct of #2)
4. seller's preference (what WE think is a resonable price)
5. haggling (self explanatory)
I have to remind you both that this kind of discussion is not allowed here.

@THxPhantom
You need to be at certain level before you can access the Classifieds section. Until then, it is best that you refrain from even discussing potential transaction involving money.

spartan mark VI helmet

i need some help with making that helmet...
well,i have not started yet but that's because i don't know how to begin...

i have downloaded pepakura and i have the file of the helmet so that is not a problem
i also know how to get started (the folding and glueing)
but that's all i know...

so can you guys help me out with this???

p.s.this is my first thing i make so thats the reason i dont get started...:(

i need some help with making that helmet...
well,i have not started yet but that's because i don't know how to begin...

i have downloaded pepakura and i have the file of the helmet so that is not a problem
i also know how to get started (the folding and glueing)
but that's all i know...

so can you guys help me out with this???

p.s.this is my first thing i make so thats the reason i dont get started...:(

Did you watch the orientation video?

After that, drop everything and start reading the stickies in the Pepakura and Cardboard Armor section, starting with these two:

http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/3008-The-Ultimate-Pepakura-FAQ

http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/8791-Tutorial-Pepakura-building-for-dummies-(or-noobs)

Read the first couple of pages of these stickies at least twice and the other stickies at least once. For the most part, the most common questions have already been answered and you'll find them there. This may sound terse but don't expect anyone to hold your hand throughout the process. You're expected to be able to connect the dots and figure things out on your own. Having said that, if you really think that an answer is not in the stickies, then by all means ask a question.

With that in mind, welcome to the 405th!

I have to remind you both that this kind of discussion is not allowed here.

@THxPhantom
You need to be at certain level before you can access the Classifieds section. Until then, it is best that you refrain from even discussing potential transaction involving money.

sorry ral, got a little absent minded, not gonna happen again

Hey guys I think this is the right place to post this, Is anyone else having some trouble wth the actual 405th Website? I just joined and I have seen some talk of a remodel. But for instance when I try to click on someone's link to another 405th thread, it just takes me to the home page...So is this my problem or just the website?

can somebody help m figure out how to make a slide release for my M6G reach version pepakura pistol?

it's the one from carpaithavh99...*I hope I spelled it right*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back