Halo 3 Turret W.i.p.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Socket

Jr Member
I bought 3/4 in. and 1/2 in. PVC for the barrels. I also bought this big vent tube thing for the main body, and I obught the 45 deg. angle Connectors for the tripod, that I'll make someday :)
dscn6456ld3.jpg

By socket29, shot with COOLPIX L5 at 2008-08-31
The wooden thing will go inside the metal vent tube, and it has bearings, to make a metal rod spin, that will then make the barrels spin. *whew* The other thing is an old screwdriver that doesn't have a battery anymore, that I'm going to use to drive the metal rod. I needed something with a lot of torque, and this thing has it.
dscn6460uz8.jpg

By socket29, shot with COOLPIX L5 at 2008-08-31

If you have any ideas please post them, because I'm kinda making the turret as I go.

You're definently headed in the right dierction with the screwdriver "driver" :D I didn't think that pocket screwdrivers' had that much torque, but I could be wrong. And just for practicality purposes, I would use a larger size of 45' adapter than what it looks like in the picture ( 3/4"?) I'm not sure what the actual tripod looks like in the game, but you'll need at least a 1" diameter pipe size to support that big ol' metal body. Best of luck! :)

HeavyGunner said:
You're definently headed in the right dierction with the screwdriver "driver" :D I didn't think that pocket screwdrivers' had that much torque, but I could be wrong. And just for practicality purposes, I would use a larger size of 45' adapter than what it looks like in the picture ( 3/4"?) I'm not sure what the actual tripod looks like in the game, but you'll need at least a 1" diameter pipe size to support that big ol' metal body. Best of luck! :)
Oh yeah! I'm definitely not using the drill bit holder to put it on there. The Screw driver is attaching to a big steel rod, and the rad is bigger than the screw driver adapter. I'm probably going to drill holes straight throught and attach it with a bolt or smething.

Last edited by a moderator:
i have one of these on the back of my warthog the stand on the back where the gun mounts is actually a flywheel from a car and a gear reduced starter spins the plate/flywheel that you stand on with a push of a button....the barrels spinning though ive put SOME thought in but not much. you need something with low rpms. now the drive has the torque but the weight from that turret will pull so many amps out of it that its running time will be soooo short. extremely short. a 12 volt fan motor could pull it off....and the bearings you have in there WILL take a lot of stress off whatever motor you try to use but still im sure that the driver isnt goin to have enough actual rpms or balls to spin that....

hmm, It seems to me that this could potentially be a very good wip, I shall have to watch this particular thread closer than usual threads. And I advise you to commence a continuing work on this as soon a humanly possible, so that my turret speculations can be put to rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back