Pepakura Designer 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GarzakAzur

Hi for those who maby dont know it yet the version 3 of pepakura designer is out.

Pep version 3

Mod sorry if this is not at the right place.

Pat

Ver.3.0.0

* List of changed points from Pepakura Designer 2
* You can see some introductions of new features via auto translation:
o Reload 3D model
o 3D Model Window
o Overflow Paint
o 3D Model View
o Redo
o Flap edit(1)
o Flap edit(2)
o Flap edit(3)
o Save options
o URL link
o Grid
o Affirmation of glueing
o OBJ export

Last edited by a moderator:
so....i can't use the same password? whatever, im stickin with PD2 anyway...

i was lookin over the new stuff, its pretty simple, i figured it out already.

o OBJ export

I dont agree with this. Couldent you Export flying squirls, Skips, Df4L's, Tre's, Bevobors.. And all the rest's models? And edit them. Isnt that illeagle?

i think it might be like the .dxf export, its the flat sheet. but, im not forkin over 10 bucks for this.

JUST SO EVERYONE KNOWS, IT USES MILLIMETERS INSTEAD OF CENTIMETERS NOW.....AND UNFOLDINGS GO BY LENGTH, WIDTH AND DEPTH.

hey, im just puttin it out there, its more precise, but a bit more complicated.

AoBfrost said:
I think the .obj is killing the original designers of the models we all love.
You can also export it in a locked format.

rvb4life said:
.....AND UNFOLDINGS GO BY LENGTH, WIDTH AND DEPTH.
Nothing has really changed. If you change the height of the model, the other dimensions change accordingly. I was hoping that I can change the dimensions independently but I guess not. In a way, this makes scaling easier because you can now choose a dimension that is easier to measure and use it instead of relying on the height alone.

rvb4life said:
hey, im just puttin it out there, its more precise, but a bit more complicated.
Don't worry, you cover PD2 and I 'll cover PD3. :lol:

Ral Partha said:
I was hoping that I can change the dimensions independently but I guess not.
:/ Me, too. Fitting things would be totally different, if we could change every aspect of the size.

I was about to make a topic about this. :eek:

gamerguy55 said:
:/ Me, too. Fitting things would be totally different, if we could change every aspect of the size.
Can you imagine the potential? Of actually building a custom-sized armor? When I first saw three different boxes for the dimensions, I thought that I have that option. But when started changing one number, the other numbers changed, too. Maybe the reason for this is that the author doesn't think that pepakura is meant to be worn so such need is unnecessary.

Perhaps that could be suggested. Let the author know that it's not only being used for "models" but for actual costumes.

From the Tamasoft site:
Pepakura Viewer is a dedicated viewer to display and print Pepakura Designer's files. You can download it from our site and use it freely, so you can open Designer's original files without Pepakura Designer. And when you are saving a file created by Pepakura Designer, you can prevent your published data from being altered, because you can save it in read-only format and prohibit editing it.

Bad news seems to be that if you lock it, you might be locking the scale.

Good news is, if you lock a few common scale versions, you can ensure that your name (and the 405th website) stays with the file.

Personally, given the amount of stealing I've seen from this site just recently, (and rehosting without credit) I'd go so far as to suggest replacing everything we've got with the new versions, to protect everyone's work.

The viewer is 100% free, and will print, but someone needs to download it and see if it'll allow you to rescale or not.

This is good news, it just kinda' sucks that it took this long.

This is what happened when i unfolded flying squirrells latest HD torso (no permuntations) WTF??
nimetn-5.jpg

That is really strange.. I dont even have a cqb perm on my computer..

-FSS

oh, its a file with all the perms on there, for scaling purposes. i have a copy, its nothing to worry about.

Deadguy said:
[...]Personally, given the amount of stealing I've seen from this site just recently, (and rehosting without credit) I'd go so far as to suggest replacing everything we've got with the new versions, to protect everyone's work.

i'de love it if someone would lock my work for me. that exporting the .OBJ business is not good/encouraging by way of releasing more work and or sorting out the links to my others.

oh and finnish, all the perms are in the one model. oddly enough it seems to be un-hideing the other models when its unfolding the lot which, obvisly, isnt that great. althoe i could be wrong. my connection is too bitty and crap to allow me download it n try it out.

Finnish_Spartan said:
This is what happened when i unfolded flying squirrells latest HD torso (no permuntations) WTF??
nimetn-5.jpg

That is really strange.. I dont even have a cqb perm on my computer..

-FSS

All the perms are built in to this file. You have to remove them from the objects list. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back