Dragon*con '09 Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
By next year we should have a few members sporting Marine, ODST, SPARTAN, Elite, Arbiter armor. Next year is deffinately going to be tremendous!

BlacRoseImmortal said:
By next year we should have a few members sporting Marine, ODST, SPARTAN, Elite, Arbiter armor. Next year is deffinately going to be tremendous!
Hopefully I'll sporting the fruits of your WETA project :p

Last edited by a moderator:
BlacRoseImmortal said:
It oughta be cool. We should have a good platoon sized group fielded.

Ok I've been slacking lately and been super busy...sue me! I'm getting married! I've restarted the countdown to D*C 09, and although the economy has gone to the crapper my *cough* wife as of May 8th, still plan on attending. I'll get back to keeping you guys posted on the happenings for D*C and other conventions going on in the SE region.

Jaxjags2100 said:
Ok I've been slacking lately and been super busy...sue me! I'm getting married! I've restarted the countdown to D*C 09, and although the economy has gone to the crapper my *cough* wife as of May 8th, still plan on attending. I'll get back to keeping you guys posted on the happenings for D*C and other conventions going on in the SE region.

I hope I can go, If 3M or Flashlight Groan are going..... I HAVE TO :mad:

I'll try to make it as well. I'll either be sporting my Mark V or my secret project .... which you all will not know about till late this year (or when its near completion).

- Adulese

Just a reminder....DC membership rates are at $70 per person until Feb. 13th. So if you have the funds I'd get your memberships now! They go up to $80 after that and will stay there until May.

In case you hadn't noticed....Leonard Nimoy - the original Mr. Spock himself is a confirmed guest now. Considering that he's getting a little older and he doesn't do that many conventions this would be a reason to come to D*Con in itself. That is if you're a Star Trek fan.

I was looking into Dragon*Con's website, the dates for 09 are September 4th - 7th, Labor Day Weekend.

I wont be able to make it there for 09, but maybe in the future years.

Ok people it's crunch time. 4 months and counting until D*C '09.

We still need a set list of people attending. Whether you'll be wearing a costume or not, and what it will be(it's fun with or without one, trust me).

If you absolutely know that you'll be there without a doubt, please remember to post in the Registry here. List the appropriate info there.

If you have questions or concerns that haven't been already answered in this or the other D*Con threads, please list them here.

23Magnum said:
Ok people it's crunch time. 4 months and counting until D*C '09.

If you have questions or concerns that haven't been already answered in this or the other D*Con threads, please list them here.

Here's one that I haven't seen definitively answered - are we going to march in the parade and if so, what needs to be done to coordinate that with DCon? Rob handled that last year but my guess is that we are on our own this year. My apologies if this has aleady been addressed...

Nope that's a good question. I haven't made any calls and I don't think Jax has either. I imagine Jax is busy with wedding plans. I don't know if anything has been worked out yet for the parade or not. I think we were looking to make a list of people definitely going and wearing suits/costumes first before we looked into it for this year.

Still it wouldn't hurt to be ready when we have that list. If you'd like to look into it for us, you're more than welcome. ;)

Otherwise, I might look into myself here soon.

I called the Dcon number and u have to email them at parade@dragoncon.org. I will email them as soon as i can to get us a spot. Also Wat are you going to do about a Flag or Banner or do we have one already

WOAH there pal. Ease up. We don't even know if we have enough people to participate yet.

Don't go commiting us to something we don't have the people for yet. Info gathering first, then we'll start setting stuff up.

lol ok i was just checking on space at this time. if we are able to march and we need flags i can check around here for prices on one. I kinda get ahead of myself some times

kasper said:
lol ok i was just checking on space at this time. if we are able to march and we need flags i can check around here for prices on one. I kinda get ahead of myself some times
I believe we have a banner handled from last year. We just need information for this year's parade right now like:

How many people we need to participate?
What do we need to sign up?
Etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back