Bungie Teaser Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

the stig

update:

New Bungie update

Excuse our dust

------------------------------

As most of you will know, Bungie said on the "Rare" Thursday update that The Halo 3 update will be released September 23rd.

I went to randomly check on another update. And to my joy, there was one.
Keep It Clean
Unfortunately, it was a load of odd coding and a few quotes.

My guess is its some sort of secret message.
Or it may be linked to the rumour of Bungies new game, which apparently is coming in a week or so.

Im not sure, i just wanted to see if anybody knew what was going on.

Interesting,, interesting...Bungie keeping us in the dark! I haz no idea,, but I'm gna go check it out now ;)

EDIT: Being a noob,, alll I can say is that in that funny green picture thing it says "please remain calm" in French. Haha,, taking French for GCSE payed off. NOT that that's helped anyone in finding out what the hell this thing means. I wonder if its just a Halo 3 BETA? o_O

Nice find Stig.

Here's the manuscript from that page:

"<\\> UNSC OFFICE OF NAVAL INTELLIGENCE

<\\> CLASSIFIED SIGNALS ARCHIVE [ONI.SEC.PRTCL-1A]

<\ OPENED PER OFFICIAL REQUEST [DARE.V.500341(S1)]

\ SOURCE: URBAN INFRASTRUCTURE A.I. [SUPERINTENDENT]

\ RECEPIENT: PROWLER “TOKYO RULES” [COMM.DUTY.OFFICER]
>> NOTATION KEYWORD SEARCH: “EMERGENCY” “DATA” “CORRUPTION”
>> (...) ~ QUERY RUNNING
>> (..)
>> (.) \ VTT TRANSCRIPT AS FOLOWS...

[SUPERINTENDENT]: “METROPOLITAN EMERGENCY!”
[SUPERINTENDENT]: “METROPOLITAN EMERGENCY!”
[SUPERINTENDENT]: “METROPOLITAN EMER--!”
[COMM.DUTY.OFFICER]: “We know. Personnel are en route. Can you--”
[SUPERINTENDENT]: “DETOUR! PROCEED WITH CAUTION!”
[COMM.DUTY.OFFICER]: “--put Kinsler on the line?”
[SUPERINTENDENT]: [UNITELLIGIBLE > DOG GROWLING(?)]
[COMM.DUTY.OFFICER]: “Sorry, what?”
[SUPERINTENDENT]: “BE A HERO! REPORT VIOLATORS!”
[COMM.DUTY.OFFICER]: “Oh, come on... ”
[SUPERINTENDENT]: “METROPOLITAN EMER--!”
[COMM.DUTY.OFFICER]: “Listen. We have a report of core data corruption.”
[COMM.DUTY.OFFICER]: “I need you to upload your--”
[SUPERINTENDENT]: “PARDON OUR DUST!”
[SUPERINTENDENT]: “YOUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK!”
[COMM.DUTY.OFFICER] “--logs for the last twenty-four hours!”
[SUPERINTENDENT]: “KEEP IT CLEAN!”
[COMM.DUTY.OFFICER]: [UNINTELLIGIBLE > PROFANITY (?)]
[COMM.DUTY.OFFICER]: “We're sending a team, alright?”
[COMM.DUTY.OFFICER]: “Until they arrive, all additional comm needs to route through me.”
[COMM.DUTY.OFFICER]: “Repeat and acknowledge.”
[SUPERINTENDENT]: “OBEY POSTED LIMITS!”
[SUPERINTENDENT]: “YIELD TO UPHILL TRAFFIC!”
[COMM.DUTY.OFFICER]: “I'll take that as a ‘yes’...”
[SUPERINTENDENT]: “PLEASE REMAIN CALM!”

\ ~ QUERY COMPLETE

\ ARCHIVE CLOSED \>"

Very Ilovebees-ish. This interested me: RECEPIENT: PROWLER “TOKYO RULES” [COMM.DUTY.OFFICER]
The Tokyo Game show is coming up soon (maybe this coming weekend?). Maybe unveiling the new game there?

Odessa-086 said:
I'm putting all my hopes into it NOT being Halo 3 PC port...

It better not be. They've hyped whatever it is far too much if it's just a PC port.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just went through it thoroughly...

And guess what!

I got nothing... Bungie love doing this. How are we supposed to figure this out?

As much as most of us wouldnt like it, about 70% of Gamers would kill to have halo 3 PC.

Im sure if bungie had a choice they would go with the 70% that want it rather than the 30% that dont want it.

But i still think its connected to the "New Game" people are talking about.

I just don't see why they'd kill for H3 PC. They've probably already finished the game on 360. I think most gamers prefer 360 to PC when it comes to such highly demanding games, just remember the requirements for H2 when it came out for Vista. I still don't meet them enough to be able to play without a lag!

Odessa-086 said:
I just don't see why they'd kill for H3 PC. They've probably already finished the game on 360. I think most gamers prefer 360 to PC when it comes to such highly demanding games, just remember the requirements for H2 when it came out for Vista. I still don't meet them enough to be able to play without a lag!

Im talking about gamers who dont use consoles. PC Gamers.

They probabily played Halo CE, Halo 2, And Now Halo 3

Odessa-086 said:
Sorry, but as a PC gamer, I have to say how utterly wrong you are and that you're missing the point. Remember, not everyone has a 360. These people might buy Halo 3 if it comes out on PC. That's quite a big customer base.

Also, high requirements for Halo 2? Are you joking? Bioshock or Crysis hat much higher requirements (to actually play the game). People actually have PCs that are stronger than 360. They're just more expensive, but also so much more flexible. I can't speak for the rest of the world, but in germany, casual gamers have consoles, passionate gamers have PCs. it's just a mouse & keyboard thing.

Not that I'm trying to insult anyone. No, really. And I'm not saying that PC gamers are better. But an xbox is a stripped down PC. So if you play xbox, you've got to realize that you're sacrificing more options for a (hopefully) easier and less expensive way.

Still, I think it won't be a PC port. Think about it: Halo 3 is only really big because multiplayer is so much fun. It's going to be very difficult making Halo 3 on PC better than other shooters (eg. Counterstrike Source, Team Fortress, Battlefield)

When it comes to H2, I think it being Vista only played a huge part because Vista itself is a huge resource hog and then plus H2 reqs...plus, some people just can't afford a computer capable of running H2 on Vista without lag, let alone Halo 3. I'm one of them. It would take me years to get enough money to buy such a PC whereas it only took me a little while to get enough for a second-hand 360.

After much research about this message at BNet and other sites with a forum about this. It most likely has something to do with TU2 or something like "Dawn" I am unsure at the moment what "Dawn" is but according to the posters @ BNet, it's something big because all I've been seeing is "OMG THE DAWN IS COMING!!" or "DAWN IS HERE, THE HELL OF HALO IS COMING". I have no ideas, but it is good to see that Superintendent is back. I will do as I did for Adjutant Reflex, I will continue with my endless search for answers.

HINT- Did you know, if you go to www.bungie.net, after 1 minute of the page fully loading, the BUNGIE logo on the top left flickers to the SI image for a split second.

HINT 2- If you notice in the "Keep it clean" message, all of the Superintendents errors are traffic signs? Ex: "DETOUR PROCEED WITH CAUTION", BE A HERO, REPORT VIOLATORS" (That sign is seen rarely but mostly on highways, the full version is BE A HERO, REPORT VIOLATORS WHO USE THE CAR POOL LANE WITH LESS THAN 2 PEOPLE TO THE POLICE), also there is "OBEY POSTED LIMITS", and YIELD TO UPHILL TRAFFIC"

Hint 3- Look at when SI says "TAX DOLLARS AT WORK". When looking at that, me and most of the people at BNet Forums thinks that that is SI's way of saying that his corruption is the work of his city's government or maybe another higher being.

NOTE: The post time was 7:07

This is pretty much all I've gathered in an hour or so.

*EDIT* Maybe this has something to do with ONI, because look at what SI says here:

\ RECEPIENT: PROWLER “TOKYO RULES” [COMM.DUTY.OFFICER]

prowlers were used in Oni, and TOKYO, last time I checked, Oni was a Japanese based game from Bungie.

For all we know, this could have no relation to Halo... But we will just have to wait and see. I bet you we will get our answers on the B-Day of Halo 3 (September 25th)

were going back to e3 sweet

the SI logo flash thing was happening back on e3 to and so was stuff like this...to the cams.....yey...

Security Alert
Posted by Frankie at 9/16/2006 9:42 AM PDT

It has been brought to our attention that someone is sending fake emails form "bungie.com" (we're actually Bungie.net and we never email you about your account details or security.) and we have to assume the sender of the mails, often with a zip file attachment, is up to no good. Simply delete and ignore them and never, ever open a file from a sender you don't know or trust.

The content of the email may look like this:

Dear user frankie,

It has come to our attention that your Bungie User Profile ( x ) records are out of date. For further details see the attached document.

Thank you for using Bungie!

The Bungie Support Team

Again, these mails are not from us, they're from some jackass. Ignore them.

i wonder what the email attachment is

Hmm. Might be nothing, spammers do such thing all the time to gain personal information.

But has anyone got this included in an error page on BNet? ---

[attachment=6499:Clipboard01.jpg]

Just a Longsword or a possible Prowler? (referring to the mysterious SI news post...)
Never got this image included in error page before.

Odessa-086 said:
Hmm. Might be nothing, spammers do such thing all the time to gain personal information.

But has anyone got this included in an error page on BNet? ---

[attachment=6499:Clipboard01.jpg]

Just a Longsword or a possible Prowler? (referring to the mysterious SI news post...)
Never got this image included in error page before.
nope, i used to get that one all the time.

prowlers are stealth ships that are used in the halo books. this is obviously the rebirth of the ARG (alternate reality game) that bungie had started before e3.. tokyo rules might refer to the tokyo game show that is sometime this week. a microsoft rep told us at e3 that the next bungie game would have a more dedicated event so it wouldnt get overlooked.
maybe the TGS is this dedicated event he was speaking of. on the front page under the new artical is says
"keep it clean" and under that it says "Services will Resume"

Meaning that the ARG is back in full force.

and about the whole dawn thing.

this is from the "rare thursday update"

Outtro in Go Minor

Earlier this summer, my bipolar, crazy landlord told me, "The night is darkest just before the dawn."
Dawn is about to break.

dawn might be referring to the new project being made by bungie.

one can only hope and see what they will finally do..

i do know that i have been waiting for ALONG time for this.

RadioaciveMicrobe said:
Hmm, the webcams have nothing strange, but on cam 3, it depicts Master Chief and something else playing 360.
its been like that for a while *since they put up the pax letter* its a jackel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back