Rachciav's Boot And Odst Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
LastSpartan said:
Good job!

A good way to make better casting is some baby powder in the mold ;)

really? i never heard of that will that be bad for the plastic curing?

and i wont be making another cast until tomorrow because i just realized i have a midterm test tomorrow i never studied for.

Last edited by a moderator:
rachciav said:

Very nice, I have to say you did an amazing job! One of the best molded handplates & shins I've seen. ;)

BTW, don't forget with alil heat you can work out the spot were it fell, I had to do that with my original helmet mold pulls. :cool:

DoC ByTeS said:
Very nice, I have to say you did an amazing job! One of the best molded handplates & shins I've seen. ;)

BTW, don't forget with alil heat you can work out the spot were it fell, I had to do that with my original helmet mold pulls. :cool:

thanks! :D

and i can reshape the silicone mold with heat? because thatd be a great help!

rachciav said:
thanks! :D

and i can reshape the silicone mold with heat? because thatd be a great help!

No the pulls you take out, not the silicone mold itself. apply mild heat to the area with a heatgun or hair dryer. As the plastic gets soft you can push it back into place, when it cools back down it will be solid again. Remember MILD heat.

Edit: Though if your mother mold is a plastic type you should be able to fix it there too, but your mother mold is a plaster type yes? what did you use?

DoC ByTeS said:
No the pulls you take out, not the silicone mold itself. apply mild heat to the area with a heatgun or hair dryer. As the plastic gets soft you can push it back into place, when it cools back down it will be solid again. Remember MILD heat.

Edit: Though if your mother mold is a plastic type you should be able to fix it there too, but your mother mold is a plaster type yes? what did you use?

oh ok i was misunderstanding you. ill try that with my next cast, which will be right after this post.

yea its just plaster wrap, it comes in long strips and i cut them into smaller strips.

heres the new cast. this time the front itsnt messed up

DSC03773.jpg

DSC03772.jpg

DSC03771.jpg

thanks!

oh and i was wondering is anyone going to the ny comic con? or am i the only one? just 18 days left!

DoC ByTeS said:
Very nice! I was wondering what are your shins dimensions?

the dimensions are approximately 12.5" tall by 5.5" wide and 5" deep

rachciav said:
heres the new cast. this time the front itsnt messed up

*insert awesome shin pics here*

Wow rachciav! That looks great. Ive been watching this thread waiting for the final and it looks fantastic, I cant wait to see it painted and finished.

Keegan said:
Wow rachciav! That looks great. Ive been watching this thread waiting for the final and it looks fantastic, I cant wait to see it painted and finished.

thanks! :D i just did a quick coat of green on the handplates and one shin, they look pretty sweet painted. ill post pics once i get battle damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back