R/c 1978 Dodge Adventurer 150 "lil Red Express Truck" Build-up Thread *was An R/c Oshkosh Bushmaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klowd 13

Read Latest Post to see Major Update!

Chances are (unless your on another RC forum) you havent seen a Build-Up thread for a scale R/C car. Heres your chance!

im building the Oshkosh HEMTTs 4X4 little brother, but this still aint a small truck ;)
LAND_Bushmaster_and_ASLAV_lg.jpg

hmm, the brochure said it was also used here in the US, but all the pics i find are Brittish versions
LAND_Bushmaster_lg.jpg

anyway, since im short on cash at the moment the styrene work will be on hold till x-mas and my birthday... so i gotta work with what i got...

the chassis is too short, so i will replace the tub with the bottom tub from an old computer tower (thank god Compaq used what looks like 20 Gauge steel for the tower lol)
BushmasterBuild-Up001.jpg

stripped computer, lotsa parts
BushmasterBuild-Up002.jpg

yay crappy drill bits (after i drilled out 5 rivets)
BushmasterBuild-Up005.jpg

BushmasterBuild-Up007.jpg

BushmasterBuild-Up003.jpg

the new Chassis is huge, next to it in the last pic is the old chassis :eek:
BushmasterBuild-Up008.jpg

next to a Traxxas Rustler 1:10 scale R/C car

Cheers,
-John-

Last edited by a moderator:
did i leave you guys speechless? :unsure:

go ahead, comment... it wont bite :lol:

EDIT:

well, i got the chassis cut out and the parts mounted so far.
BushmasterBuild-Up002-1.jpg

BushmasterBuild-Up003-1.jpg

BushmasterBuild-Up004-1.jpg

i said it was gonna be huge!
BushmasterBuild-Up001-1.jpg

Next to my Traxxas Rustler

Cheers,
-John-

From what I gather, he's modding the R/C chassis to look like the military truck he posted pictures of. Not entirely relevant to Halo, but it would serve as a good tutorial on how to make a radio controlled Warthog.

ok so imagine it as a completely scratch built 1:10 scale model of this:
LAND_Bushmaster_and_ASLAV_lg.jpg

i will be making the body from scratch using Plastruct Styrene and the chassis is brought down to 1:10 dimensions

I know this isnt related to Halo, thats why its in General Disscussion :p

Cheers,
-John-

Just so you know the Bushmaster is only used by the Australian Defense Force and the South Australian Fire Department.

Bushmaster is also the name of a respected firearms manufacturer in the U.S. I must say I was very confused!

I definitely thought

oshkoshbgosh_logo.gif

+
bushmaster_logo.jpg

to form...

the ultimate firearm for toddlers?

Good luck on the project.

Would love to see what you can come up with.

When I saw "Bushmaster Build Mod" title I thought:

bm_ba50_carbine.jpg

into

SRS99D-S2_AM_Sniper_Rifle.jpg

but a remote controlled armored vehicle is cool too.

lol you guys, 50Cal Sniper for the toddler! Better start them off early!

thanks actually! i forgot to update this thread, i completely forgot about it!

ill just do a quick quote of everything
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Me @ other forum)</div><div class='quotemain'>well, after watching TV i decided i wanted a civilian trail truck, not a Military truck.

i looked for some inspiration in my vast collection of Hot wheels cars and found this
1978DodgeAdventurer150.jpg

So i went looking for the 1:1 and made a connection... The 78 stepsides didnt have wooden pannels on the box. Turns out its a "Lil Red Express Truck"
lil_red_express_truck_78.jpg

im gonna modify a Clod body, the bed im gonna try and make out of styrene and wood.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&a...=LXGB33&P=Z
ill cut off the bed and skin the sides with styrene to cover up the grove in the body and give it the slightly bulged edge of the cab. the grill will be custom made.
heres a quick photochopped idea of what i want it too look sorta like.(maybe a winch up front or off road lights might be added later)
78DodgeAdventurer150Mockup.png

an excuse to make a 4x4 "Lil Red"

The original owner of the "Lil Red" was out racing with some friends when he hit a speed bump at 70mph, destroying the front end. He decided to sell it cheap because the repair costs would be more then the cost of the truck. The second owner, being the owner of a small auto parts shop, bought it and replaced the front end with parts from a different 4x4 truck of the same year converting it to 4wd for use as a work truck for the shop. About a year later, he was trying to get a part out of a pile and knocked the whole pile into the drivers side door denting it too badly to be repaired or used, he replaced that also. Three years passed before he decided to sell it and buy a bigger truck to use around the shop. For $500 i had to snatch up this truck.

i swear i have an overactive imagination

well updates will be very slow... i have exacly $23 in my RC car budget and it not going to change until christmas

keep this thread Subscribed if you like it, and be prepaired for a long wait.

tiny but very important
i think im going to use this with a thinner sheet of styrene to make the fenders.

stay tuned for any updates</div>

Cheers,
-John-

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the site on vaccuforming, I'll be able to make a vacuuformer for under $100 instead of paying a lot more for one that's already made!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back