Helljumpers Project Warthog Bravo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
well I wish I had know about this project and you were doing it three years ago when I lived in Port Saint Lucie, I used to go to the keys almost every 4 four weeks to go diving I would have loved to help you guys on this project. If there is any thing you guys need down there and are having a hard time finding let me know I still have alot of friends down there in the auto businesses.

man, wouldn't it be awesome if everyone in the 405th lived in the same area...we could get so much done.
We'd have a Spartan army and could have made an awesome 405th movie by now.

good work so far! cant wait to see the final project! by the way if i didnt live up n canada i'd shoot you some spare parts of mine.... but only half hubcaps... trying to manage to build full hubs

There is only one word that can truly describe this. EPIC. Keep it up man cause that is just pure awesome and epic! Can't wait to see the final product. Keep it up!

To the members of the 405th! As you all know the warthog so far is just a basic frame. I have been in close contact with my old service manager on the matter of the suspension. and drivetrain. I ask for patience... you see the accurate suspension and drivetrain is not something anyone has ever accomplished before. I shall be the first. I have no basis but a computer graphically designed vehicle to make into a reality. This is going to get expensive, and time consuming. I can do nothing until the vehicle is off the ground on accurate suspension. Im sorry there is no update for now and thank you all so much for your support and uplifting words.
Hell J out.

Glade your still working on the project. Quick question but couldnt you still work on the project even though you dont have the suspension and drivetrain done? Like you could find seats and work on the paneling for the interior.

weight is the problem if i get everything in and right and then put the suspesion on its gonna be a bitch to lift it up of the ground and add the suspension.

so you couldnt test fit the remove the parts when it comes to find the suspension? Like to me it seams like theres alot of free time being wasted on waiting on the suspension. But i guess that just me while i wait i would be working on something else that would be added in later

Spartan 051 said:
so you couldnt test fit the remove the parts when it comes to find the suspension? Like to me it seams like theres alot of free time being wasted on waiting on the suspension. But i guess that just me while i wait i would be working on something else that would be added in later
so you think you can take on a warthog project all by yourself? cause thats what im doing. go ahead and try because you will soon find out that when you get going on it you mentally get abused and wore the f*** out. its not an easy task. but you really dont know whats going on behind the scenes. so i m telling you lightly to not tell me im wasting my time. next time i wont be so nice aout it.

Last edited by a moderator:
HELL JUMPER said:
so you think you can take on a warthog project all by yourself? cause thats what im doing. go ahead and try because you will soon find out that when you get going on it you mentally get abused and wore the f*** out. its not an easy task. but you really dont know whats going on behind the scenes. so i m telling you lightly to not tell me im wasting my time. next time i wont be so nice aout it.

Thats right! To build a functional vihicle thats from a videogame, im am pretty sure thats not easy! Like, u cant just go down to nearest shop and buy all the parts. This is a fictional vihicle so most parts need to be made individual. Just give him time, and if u dont do that, go down there and help him! I whoud, but, i live on the other side of the atlantic ocean... :cautious: I think its epic that u do this dude! Keep it up! :D

JOLTY TacoMan said:
Holy Fajitas dude this thing is amazing
what size engine are u planning on putting into it?
i dont mean to be mean here but if you really read all my replies i have stated somewhere in here that bungies representation of the warthog is a hydrogen motor that turns a generator which powers the electric hubs that run the vehicle. and thats how its all gonna work on mine.

HELL JUMPER said:
i dont mean to be mean here but if you really read all my replies i have stated somewhere in here that bungies representation of the warthog is a hydrogen motor that turns a generator which powers the electric hubs that run the vehicle. and thats how its all gonna work on mine.
sorry my bad

HELL JUMPER said:
That was really cold dude...

His project, not yours. If you'd all kindly get off of Hell's back and let him get on with it without pestering him and asking stupid questions, this'd all go along much more smoothly. That, or you could stop whining altogether, and go make one of your own and see how far you go before you fall flat on your backside trying to even plan a project of this scale. Either way: quit whining.

Thanks for your cooperation.

HELL JUMPER said:
wow... that sounds incredibly complicated and expensive... your a very dedicated man Chris, its going to be an amazing feet when its finished :D

Granted, I live some 2200+ miles away, but I build cars for a living. Not kias or hondas no addind a body kit, or throwing on a fart can, but actual hot rods, muscle cars, etc. If you have any questions, dont hesitate to ask. Suspension, chassis, powertrain, wiring, plumbing (fuel and coolant, of course), body panels, metalworking (chop, channel,section, pancake, shave, body drop, body lift, suspension lift, etc), TIG, MIG, Oxy, bodywork, leadwork, paint, etc etc. Stainless steel, Silica Bronze, mild steel, spring steel, aluminum, MDF, plastic; you name it, I do it or use it. Or have drawn my own blood with it.

I like commas.

Hell Jumper you are the man if any of these people knew what it took to build a vehicle they wouldnt try to tell a man how to do what he does for a living I understand your pain man and like I said if there is any way other then funds I may be of assistance let me know I still have a lot of contacts in that area when it comes to parts and steel so just yell if you need me,

now on to the rest Hell jumper is an exp. builder when it comes to vehicles if you are under 20 or never have built a scratch built vehicle please don't add your imput on what the man should do I live eat and breath cars and electronics and the task he is undertaking is by no means an easy build and if you haven't tried this before try to do it then open mouth if you haven't then open mouth insert foot because all you do is make people who really know laugh at the ignorance you show.

Sorry for the edit but I will show you my current car project this is number 16 for me I have a 69 el camino and a 69 chevelle in the shop just spent all day saturday sandblasting the chevelle

Crucible said:
His project, not yours. If you'd all kindly get off of Hell's back and let him get on with it without pestering him and asking stupid questions, this'd all go along much more smoothly. That, or you could stop whining altogether, and go make one of your own and see how far you go before you fall flat on your backside trying to even plan a project of this scale. Either way: quit whining.

Thanks for your cooperation.

In fairness, all the guy was doing was offering some constructive criticism on time and project management, and while he could have put it better, to a large extent I would agree with him - leaving the internals, rear compartments etc and so forth til last when you could instead be building them and test fitting them in advance isn't the best way ahead. And, while it is his right in his own thread to not take these comments on board, it is not our lot to say "oh right ok" when he doesn't simply say "thanks for the input but no", but instead says "are you doing this too? If not, shtum". That's pretty harsh, and while this is his thread and he has his right to comment how he pleases on his own project and the comments made there-on, it is equally our right not to like the tone of said comments.

I am very excited to see how this progresses. I am saddened by the fact that I do not have the funds nor timescale to do as in-depth a build as Helljumper is - instead I have only a few months to get mine built and ready for filming come September, though I am still hopeful we will somehow manage our two vehicles for use in the film. Time is definitely something I envy, especially since my project has had to be pushed back due to my collaborators getting a big rush job in before Christmas. Work can't kick off til January. :(

Keep trucking with this Helljumper. It's going to be crazy sick once you do - though I would be interested to hear how you're going to be building that hydrogen-fueled engine of yours! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back