A Pilgrimage To The Past...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlacRoseImmortal

Ive been really missing the Halo 2 matchmaking games.... those maps are irriplaceable and I miss it all..... I want to get a group (clanish) of people that feel the same way to go back to playing Halo 2 on Live. Where we can set aside 1 day of the week dedicated to only Halo 2 gameplay...

Anyone up for it?

I would definately be up for it...if I hadn't sold my original xbox! *sadface*

Still, I'm planning on getting it for PC, seeing as one of my gaming buddies is a PC gamer and doesn't have a 360; he wanted me to get a game that he could play me at, so we decided on Halo 2 :]

So..maybe when I get round to getting it, i'll play! I haz to admit I miss the old times..

Beth :]

xxFemaleSpartanxx said:
I would definately be up for it...if I hadn't sold my original xbox! *sadface*

Still, I'm planning on getting it for PC, seeing as one of my gaming buddies is a PC gamer and doesn't have a 360; he wanted me to get a game that he could play me at, so we decided on Halo 2 :]

So..maybe when I get round to getting it, i'll play! I haz to admit I miss the old times..
Beth :]

If you still have a copy of Halo 2 it should still work on your 360. If not I'm sure you could pick up a copy for only a couple quid. ;)
I was thinking about this the other day, going back to Halo 2 i mean. Do ou think many people even play online anymore? Might spend forever in the matchmaking lobby. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive seen a few people playing it on my friends list.. and I went into H2 like 2 weeks ago to play one game ... it took about 14 minutes for the playerspots to be filled... but man, it was so worth it ^^

Ah reminiscing on the good ol days. Did you find the controls hard to pick up compared to Halo 3?
I played a bit of Halo CE not long ago and the controls felt so clunky compared to H3's. It felt fine back in the day but I guess I had nothing to compare it with back then.

RedTogusa said:
If you still have a copy of Halo 2 it should still work on your 360. If not I'm sure you could pick up a copy for only a couple quid. ;)
I was thinking about this the other day, going back to Halo 2 i mean. Do ou think many people even play online anymore? Might spend forever in the matchmaking lobby. :p

No, I sold my copy with my poor ol' original xbox! =(

But I didn't realise there was backwards compatabiltiy! Im off to town on Saturday, so I'll drag my buds into Game and try and pick a copy up from there ;)

It must be quite popular still...popular enough for Bungie to put a little 'Halo 2 online' underneath yer Halo 3 service record on yer Bungie profile <<blimey does that make sense? :lol: (you get what I mean)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(xxFemaleSpartanxx @ Oct 16 2008, 08:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>No, I sold my copy with my poor ol' original xbox! =(

But I didn't realise there was backwards compatabiltiy! Im off to town on Saturday, so I'll drag my buds into Game and try and pick a copy up from there ;)

It must be quite popular still...popular enough for Bungie to put a little 'Halo 2 online' underneath yer Halo 3 service record on yer Bungie profile <<blimey does that make sense? :lol: (you get what I mean)</div>

You want Gamestation.
Best for secondhand games, you'll get a copy of halo 2 there no problem.

The Stig said:
You want Gamestation.
Best for secondhand games, you'll get a copy of halo 2 there no problem.

Haha yeh! I <3 gamestation! Kinda off topic lol.

What about Cex? Thats a pretty good place too, I traded in all my crummy PS2 games there and they gave me quite a bit of dosh (don't remember how much exactly, but it wasn't bad)

ANYWAY! Back to Halo 2....! :lol:

Well it's easy for me to reconfigure the controls when i play H1, H2, and H3... i think it's because those are the only games ive ever played so it's well encrypted into my mind what the controls are ffor every Halo game.... Give me 1 minute of warm up and i'll be pwning in H2... speakin of which after not playing H2 for a year, the one and only game i played 2 weeks ago I got MVP :p

Oh wow do I miss it! Mostly the maps... I like how they tried to remake Lock Out.. but it's just not the same. I also miss the fact that I actually used to like using the energy sword, and just how match making flowed..

I am for sure up to playing, the only reason I don't is because most of my friends are still hooked on 3. (I know I haven't posted like, at all around these forums, *lurks some more*)

I'm in. I love the Halo 2 maps. I asked Bungie to put the bonus maps from Halo 2 to Halo 3 (updated of course :D ) but they said they wouldn't if there wasn't enough people wanting them.

IM IN! IM IN!

my friends and i have been talking about system linking halo ce and halo 2 for a few months now, but cant get enough people together to make it worth our time.

alls i ask is that we play a multiflag on the gulch. i hated doing it in H2 live because it always came up, but now that i havent played it for like a year i really really miss it.

Sure. I've been wanting to see those infected "Forerunners" in those Green tubes in Lockout. All I need to do is update my Xbox Live Account And find my Halo 2 Limited Edition Case. :cautious:

Keegan said:
IM IN!

*goes to find halo 2*

Whys it under the couch? KITTAY!? :p

Gardian Kittay protekts gaem fer yoo!

I don't get why people get rid of an older console in trade for a new model...
I tried Halo2 a while back and it took forever to start a match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back