Dual Layer Visor Mini-Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's own I glued mine

p2020020mt0.jpg

It was hard.

Aeon Psych said:
Heres the problem I have.

I did not have enough time to actually purchase a visor online, so I had to go locally. In my town, the only ones available were non reflective, but smoke tinted ones that were not bent like a visor. They were bent a little bit, but not enough to pass as a visor, the reason for this is because it was a snap on. So basically think about my situation as having a sheet of plexiglass, and trying to bend that into the form of my helmet...Its going to want to straighten back out.

And I will try and get some pics of it bent to the shape of the helmet

i didnt buy my visor online either, i went to a local store they happened to sell the HJC visors, and they arent all that curved when you first get them. i had to force mine in i thought it was going to break. how curved is your visor exactly.

Last edited by a moderator:
rachciav said:
i didnt buy my visor online either, i went to a local store they happened to sell the HJC visors, and they arent all that curved when you first get them. i had to force mine in i thought it was going to break. how curved is your visor exactly.

about half as much as i need, actually maybe a tad less

rachciav said:
*snip*
i couldnt get my camera to upload pics at the moment, so heres a crappy ms paint pic of whats happening.
ok so when i try to insert the visor it obviously wont fit until its bent, but even when its bent (as far as i think it will g with out snaping) it still wont fit. im afraid to cut off anymore cause i dont want it to be too small.
What you may be able to do is heat it up over the eye of your stove, then bend it to the proper shape. More or less bend the visor than shape it.

The reason I said you MAY be able to do it is because of the gold coating. It may crack or warp if it is overheated.

Didn't realize this was almost a month old until after I posted.

Hmmm...

Hey, everyone, I'd like to know about having a SCULPED visor. There are guys here who have to sculpt a custom visor for their ODST helmets, but I was wondering if anyone has done that, or will do that, for a Master Chief helmet.

The reason I say is that with the traditional Motorcycle helmet visor method, you have a visor that has a horizontal curvature, but no vertical curvature. If you notice in-Game Master Chief's visor is curved both horizontally, left and right, and vertically, up and down.

So since motorcycle visors have no vertical curvature, would someone be willing to make a custom sculpted spartan visor, with the dual layer details and custom gold paint?

I'm just looking for accuracy for my upcoming costume, and if there's a more impressive way of doing it, I'll go for it. I wanted to have a really good costume with as much accurate detail as possible. that's why I'm looking for custom sculpted visors, like the ODST guys around here do.

Selsiuss said:
The reason I say is that with the traditional Motorcycle helmet visor method, you have a visor that has a horizontal curvature, but no vertical curvature. If you notice in-Game Master Chief's visor is curved both horizontally, left and right, and vertically, up and down.

So since motorcycle visors have no vertical curvature, would someone be willing to make a custom sculpted spartan visor, with the dual layer details and custom gold paint?

They do make visors that have both horizontal and vertical curves. The helmet has hjc-11 in it, I think. Maybe 13. Someone has posted about in the forums recently. I can't seem to find the topic though.

I've purchased 2 motorcycle visors: one rainbow/gold and one silver

this is the result (nb: I'm still painting the helmet)

helm_new_close.jpg

EDIT: replaced pic with better one

It looks to me like someone will just have to do an awesome "Visor Installation" tutorial. I'll think about, but I am a busy man.

An alternative that I came to was actually casting the bolts into the helmet for mounting the visor later. Wrap your brain around that one, and if you have any questions, PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back