Dual Layer Visor Mini-Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great tut Sean ^^ I definately want to do a duel recon visor in the future for my Dare armour, but I was actually wondering;

I have a full-face motorcycle visor I want to horozontally slice in half as accurate as possible, basically to make a visor for 2 recon helmets but i'm not 100% sure what dremmel head you are using thats giving you the best accuracy for cutting >< The visor I have feels quite flimsey and i'm terrified to take the dremmel to it before asking first.

-Phi

Great Tut ,
thanks for It , I kind of had this idea in my head and know it will be a lot simpler thanks to the Template. :D

AWESOME TUTORIAL!!
I do have a question. I have searched all over, perhaps I am blind, but how exactly do you attach the visor to the helmet itself? I have searched all over and would like a tutorial for attaching the visor to the helm. Hot glue? Super glue? Mighty Putty? I am at a loss, unfortunately. Also, had an idea for tinting it orange. Would it be possible to apply regular reflective window tint to a clear visor and then install orange led's to the brim of the helm, directed at the plain tinted visor and have it show the orange color? Or would that probably look really crappy?

Very nice Tut, very informative. I'm going to pick my visors up in the morning. Now i know how its done :)
thanks a ton

I'm going to try this tutorial also, I bought two visors, but I was wondering if anyone ever tried using Oracal's transparent golden yellow vinyl? I do a lot of vinyl graphics and was thinking of ordering some of this vinyl. I'm going to check their actual swatch chart for color, but I may be cutting a vinyl version out of transparent yellow gold.

nice tutorial. i have a quick question: how would u mount the visor to the helm and what glue is preferred so the after the visor is glued it will still stay clear. (after the glue dries its still clear)

MonsterMask, check dates before replying. This post is 6 years old and is a sticky. Used for references and tip on builds. No need to reply.

Funny, I'm actually doing a double-layer visor for my Reach Hazop helmet so I got sucked into checking this out. We'd tried doing this with a Dremel (but using a different bit) and it was looking really bad.

So, I'm going to pay a few bucks to have someone with a laser cutter do it for me in 30 seconds. :p Got to love what technology will do for us. It's so easy that it feels like cheating.

Funny, I'm actually doing a double-layer visor for my Reach Hazop helmet so I got sucked into checking this out. We'd tried doing this with a Dremel (but using a different bit) and it was looking really bad.

So, I'm going to pay a few bucks to have someone with a laser cutter do it for me in 30 seconds. :p Got to love what technology will do for us. It's so easy that it feels like cheating.

You need to read the posts in a thread before replying. This thread had been dead for several years and there are a number of posts above yours mentioning that zombie posting is frowned upon.

"I don't know what's weirder, that you're fighting a stuffed animal, or that you seem to be losing" - Suzie

You need to read the posts in a thread before replying. This thread had been dead for several years and there are a number of posts above yours mentioning that zombie posting is frowned upon.

"I don't know what's weirder, that you're fighting a stuffed animal, or that you seem to be losing" - Suzie

It blows my mind that someone would complain about people replying to a STICKY thread (it's not even changing position within the thread group in a way that could potentially detract from other active threads.) I could see how digging up a 4 year old 'for sale' post and inquiring about the availability of said item would be frowned upon; but I can't fathom what kind of problem I'm creating by replying to this thread.

Your reply to this thread is also a little hypocritical. I did read the post above mine about the other person nit-picking about the other person that replied to this thread. I also ready the main post and several others between now and then.

The biggest irony is that I would be just as likely to be criticized by replying to an old post as I would be for creating a new post on the same subject because I 'didn't use the search.'

Isn't it the point of tutorials, to use them even years later?
And if someone uses it and finds it helpful, why forbid to express gratitude?
Why forbid asking questions on a Tutorial thread?

IMO everyone should be able to write on Tutorial threads anytime, this is, you know, the point of having them, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back