Tutorial: How To Make Good Folds For Pepakura Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, just telling people to fold up or fold down is confusing because either way parts of the folded piece are going to end up down and some are going to end up, well, up. So it's not really the clearest way to explain things.

But it's actually really simple to explain and to execute. Just like TheBlue said...

Valley looks like this: V

Mountain looks like this: ^

Just remember, 'v' for valley and mountain folds look like a mountain.

Chuck -126 has got the right idea. Otherwise, everybody could just keep running around essentially argueing the old whether it's a picture of a cup or two people kissing.

Sorry Iceman, I was using the universal "you" instead of "one could" or something to that effect. I wasn't talking about you specifically. ;-)

ON TOPIC-

I've been a lazy bum on the last few pieces I've done and used a long (10-inch) sharp point bread knife to score my folds. It's straight as a ruler and not too sharp, plus it preserves my textures better. But the real reason I did it was because I could do it so much faster. It only took me 25 minutes to score all the polys on my ODST helm.

I would not recommend this at all to any pepakura beginner or anyone who has not spent a lot of time working with things like Exacto knives. I'm just saying it's what I did.

TALKIN" BOUT BAD FOR THE KIDS :christa:

I just think it might be a nice shortcut for any scratchbuilders or experienced propmakers who'd like to try pepakura but get it done a little faster.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its all about the sharing, why should one person hold the glory, while everyone else weeps?

we are all here to help each other.

Iceman29 said:
Aren't you glad I taught everyone the proper way in which you fold paper.

Its all about the sharing, why should one person hold the glory, while everyone else weeps?

we are all here to help each other.

I had no idea how to fold paper untill you came along :p

Iceman29 said:
yup, thats what I was going for.
especially when I saw all of this Pepakura Armor everyone was making, and how bad the folding was. I just had to teach everyone the art of folding.
Hey dude thanks now i can fold the right way :lol: :not worthy:

lane said:
as i was saying how do i know what kind of dashes mean fold in and fold out

Not be a jerk, but you guys need to read the stickied faqs. In Pepakura Designer, go to configuration, click on line style configuration, it tells you in there.

Stock settings here a -------- line is a mountain, fold it down so it forms the peak of the mountain. The other one -=-=-=-=- (not exactly as shown), is the valley line, fold it up so it forms the bottom of the valley.

Jim said:
Not be a jerk, but you guys need to read the stickied faqs. In Pepakura Designer, go to configuration, click on line style configuration, it tells you in there.

Stock settings here a -------- line is a mountain, fold it down so it forms the peak of the mountain. The other one -=-=-=-=- (not exactly as shown), is the valley line, fold it up so it forms the bottom of the valley.

Hey its all good i wwould rather get the answers from a guy who could just say it than making me look through every thing

You HAVE to look before asking. Otherwise your questions are annoyint to everyone. sorry, but it's true.
It's like being two feet away from your car, looking for it. The car is behind you, but you refuse to look back. You keep asking people where your car is and they say "behind you, man" and your like "how do I move my neck?"
Just don't do that.

Thanks for the info, I often wondered why pictures of pepkura armor had different collered lines drawn on them. This process surely makes folding the paper a much easier process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back