Fan Film - Operation Chastity - 405Th Related Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting there:

toughbooks4.JPG

toughbooks5.JPG

Probably. I didn't want to clutter the central box too much was all - too big and it will feel constricted and in certain lights, chunks of the logo would be invisible due to shadowing.

thats old skool man :p

although i do have a question, aside from the hog, how are the rest of the props coming, the armour and the weapons etc? and, how do you plan to replicate muzzle flash, casing etection and the bolt movement etc in the film?

The props are coming along great. Saw the Marine armour sculpts Friday night - Ed is doing amazing work with that, and I'm hoping to see some more up to date shots come this evening. We've also secured a manufacturer for Marine under armour vests in Asia, so hopefully we'll see a prototype of those pretty soon - I am also talking to the manufacturer about insignia fabrication.

As for weapons, we have the ARs, SMGs and pistols currently in the works and in varying stages of completion out in the US with the BRs, M41 SSMs and SRS99Ds so far untouched. Assignments have also been given for Carbines, Spikers and Needlers. All full-scale. I remain undecided over what direction to take with the plasma pistols, plasma rifles and a possible Bruteshot that Ed was talking about.

Likelihood is we're going to go with added-in muzzle flare in post. We considered using an armourer for the film but having seen what can be accomplished by our VFX Supervisor, and how good and indeed realistic it can be made to look (I was honestly not a believer), I have been convinced and we will likely be going with that option.

wow, thats pretty comprehensive, what are you doing for explosive effects? are you going to be working with any kinds of pyro for the film? i'm assuming that explosions, i'd imagine are pretty hard to do in post.
where are you planning on showing this film, once it is made?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back