Fan Film - Operation Chastity - 405Th Related Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I just hope I can deliver. I have great faith in the story and if I can somehow wing this movie on the incredibly slim budget we've got, well, it'll be worth it.

Good god... this looks good.

Will there be a small mention of both the Canon and real 405th Infantry Divisions? Theres the one based out of New Mombasa (which I think was the original name), and us.

I think a special featurette mentioning us'd be great!

There will indeed be a mention to the 405th in the film, a very brief one. It will be referential. :)

I am not sure if I am going to be doing any behind-the-scenes filming. I really *ought* to. Interviews with the cast, filming of the process. I think it could be rather interesting to those who really want to push the boat out on fanfilms.

And it occurs to me - we'll likely have just wrapped up filming when Halo 3: ODST is released. Awesome! ;)

Peter Cooper said:
There will indeed be a mention to the 405th in the film, a very brief one. It will be referential. :)

I am not sure if I am going to be doing any behind-the-scenes filming. I really *ought* to. Interviews with the cast, filming of the process. I think it could be rather interesting to those who really want to push the boat out on fanfilms.

And it occurs to me - we'll likely have just wrapped up filming when Halo 3: ODST is released. Awesome! ;)
You should do some behind the scenes on the prop and set building, i always buy special edition versions of films if they have those.

Last edited by a moderator:
papamurf812 said:
How do you plan on doing the Covenant?

Creature costumes. I am having a little trouble finding performers 4'6" tall who aren't going to get taller for the Grunts though. :\ Sculpted latex masks, reticulated foam/latex bodies. Armour will likely be fibreglass.

Behind The Scenes documentaries will likely be done, though it remains to be seen if the film could ever be legitimately be released on DVD. I just think it could be fun to see what happens behind the scenes of that kind of production.

Peter Cooper said:
Creature costumes. I am having a little trouble finding performers 4'6" tall who aren't going to get taller for the Grunts though. :\ Sculpted latex masks, reticulated foam/latex bodies. Armour will likely be fibreglass.

Behind The Scenes documentaries will likely be done, though it remains to be seen if the film could ever be legitimately be released on DVD. I just think it could be fun to see what happens behind the scenes of that kind of production.

Get kids do to it! They have to be Halo fans themselves and/or have parents that are Halo fans! I have a younger brother :lol:
He's been cosplaying since he was 7 and now he's 10. Now he wants Mjolnir armor too, I've been thinking grunt or EVA armor >D

Sheila 2544 said:
Get kids do to it! They have to be Halo fans themselves and/or have parents that are Halo fans! I have a younger brother :lol:
He's been cosplaying since he was 7 and now he's 10. Now he wants Mjolnir armor too, I've been thinking grunt or EVA armor >D

Kids are great, but the big problem is that they will invariably grow. If I make a suit it will need to fit just right, otherwise it just won't look good. Therein lies the problem of latex. Get a kid to wear the suit and if you leave it 6 months after making it, it won't fit. It would mean our kids for the film would need to be sized up and have their suits made in like, a month. A big old rush, that, and not conducive to mass production of other items for the film such as weapons and Marine armour.

Just thought I'd offer this little nugget now we're into the new year - the concept art I mentioned before has been completed. This will hopefully give you an idea of what we're going for in this film.

dgor6a.jpg

Peter Cooper said:
Just thought I'd offer this little nugget now we're into the new year - the concept art I mentioned before has been completed. This will hopefully give you an idea of what we're going for in this film.

dgor6a.jpg
If the movie looks anything like this, you are a God.

How is the Hog coming along?

And as for the grunts, couldn't you cast little people? I don't know the politically correct term for them.

omg i almost soiled myself i was that excited when i saw this!
were in england are you filming? If you are anywhere near me i would love to be of any help if it was needed iv been thinking about people from the 405th making a film of some kind and here it is !
woo! :D

The Hog is coming along - wheels and seats have been purchased. Once those are installed the hard work will begin. Which reminds me, I need a Warthog crew list so I can throw them in the credits.

Well, in all honesty, many little people may actually be too short. I'm sure I'll overcome the issue, be it that we use kids or just short adults. They may well end up being midgets.

The ideal is that the film will be being filmed in and around London, with some scenic scenes taking place to give the "large" feel of activity in the Andes foothills. Options for these are Scotland and Wales, or possibly Cornwall. Lots of possibilities.

As an aside, a name change has been proposed - instead of Operation Chastity, another option is No Quarter. Thoughts, everyone?

be careful about calling little people "midgets" they dont like that. i work with a few and some come with me to the cons

link4044 said:
be careful about calling little people "midgets" they dont like that. i work with a few and some come with me to the cons

Thanks for the heads up. It's still used as a technical term here, but I appreciate it can be offensive and will endeavour to not use it :(. I remember meeting that little person who came with you to DCon while we chatted about your MA5Cs and that bat that was buzzing about - forget his name. Nice guy mind. :)

its all good. i do remeber you guys...my little friends name is robert but we call him teedo

Just a little something for you all. While we beaver away squaring away the script and so on, here's something that's gotten done!

In the film, the first Marines on the ground in Argentina are the 267th Marine Regiment, the Marine compliment of the UNSC Frigate, UNSC Hope Springs Eternal. Unable to cope with the strain, the Regiment is eventually reinforced by the men and women of the 29th Marine Regiment Reserves, based on the British controlled base on Ascension Island.

So without further ado, the field insignia of the 29th Marine Reserves. Based on the insignia for the RAF's No.10 Squadron with whom my grandfather served during the Second World War. Art by Mike Rush.

Fingers crossed we will soon make a decision on the isnignia for the Hope Springs Eternal and her Marine compliment. As always, you'll be some of the first people to know when we do!

29unscdfrmarines.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back