Gears Of War

Status
Not open for further replies.

cire36

Does anyone here know of any sites for Gears of War that are like this one (Armor and prop making)?

I have been a lurker here for a while and love the work everyone is doing here. One day I hope to join the ranks of armor makers.

Thanks.

Gears of War doesn't really attract most of the nerdy types, more along the lines of Frat boys and Annoying self-centered kids. There are 2 GoW games, There are now 3 Halo games, another 3 (1=expansion) coming out soon, 5? books, and multiple ARGs. Don't get me wrong GoW is a nice game, but for its own armor making community? I doubt it, though I have been wrong. Look around there are people who have made COG Armor on this site, we aren't COMPLETELY Halo.

Dreadnought of Fury said:
Gears of War doesn't really attract most of the nerdy types, more along the lines of Frat boys and Annoying self-centered kids. There are 2 GoW games, There are now 3 Halo games, another 3 (1=expansion) coming out soon, 5? books, and multiple ARGs. Don't get me wrong GoW is a nice game, but for its own armor making community? I doubt it, though I have been wrong. Look around there are people who have made COG Armor on this site, we aren't COMPLETELY Halo.
well put. also you would have to be the size of an NFL linebacker to wear COG armor, and i doubt most of the compatriots of this hallowed site are NFL linebackers...i could be wrong though ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Cire36, welcome to the community. Yes this site is primarily for Mjolnir armor, but some of us have ventured out and made other props. Here is a lnk for the primary COG armor thread here:

http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopi...97&hl=gears

It has all you need to make some armor. By the way you don't have to be huge to wear this armor. i made a set for my 4 year old son for halloween and it looked pretty sweet on him. Good luck to you.

Maj. Pain

smick6 said:
Here is on site that I know about. http://gowarmor.freeforums.org/
Its really basic and not much going on there but it is a start. I was thinking about making the new Locust pistol.
Like Smick said, it's small but we're trying to get all Pep files. We already have the Carmine helmet so all we need is members to build it :p

Cire36 said:
Does anyone here know of any sites for Gears of War that are like this one (Armor and prop making)?

I have been a lurker here for a while and love the work everyone is doing here. One day I hope to join the ranks of armor makers.

Thanks.

Why not here, Try an MA5C with a chainsaw bayonet. :cautious: Okay, maybe. But I like both games, so i use this site. As for self centered kids, try my neighbor. he went to MLG cause all he does is sit there like a vegie taking brakes to eat and sleep. He just gets insulted when he shows his recon armor of on live and he says "i challenge you, one one one." To bad.

And there's a lot more diversity in halo armor. We have our many permutations and such. And like Dreadnought said, Gears just doesn't attract the same devoted crowd. The only full armor I've seen is NAS's, and they're professional prop makers.

i think GOW could attract the same type of people. they just need some more devoted fans. and the armor itself is pretty varied according to which COG you are making it from. Marcus, Dom, Tai, and the rest of the COG's armor are all different. I plan on making some armor soon. With A LOT of padding lol.

RadioaciveMicrobe said:
And there's a lot more diversity in halo armor. We have our many permutations and such. And like Dreadnought said, Gears just doesn't attract the same devoted crowd. The only full armor I've seen is NAS's, and they're professional prop makers.
Dude....there's at least 4 versions of everything in gears, man...

Everyone's cog armor is customized at least a little bit.

Did you even notice the bigass knife that Dom has on his chest that no one else has? Don't tell me you haven't, it's FREAKING HUGE.

GoW just doesn't have the fan base that Halo has. Sorry. Perhaps with Gears2 out now, the base will grow. I'm sure there will be more GoW sites popping up. Be thankful for the files that are available. If nothing else, start your own site and start building your own models or armor.

tlither said:
GoW just doesn't have the fan base that Halo has. Sorry. Perhaps with Gears2 out now, the base will grow. I'm sure there will be more GoW sites popping up. Be thankful for the files that are available. If nothing else, start your own site and start building your own models or armor.

Instead of people starting their own site, I'd rather get more members at gowarmor...that's the point of those forums..

Here's the link:

http://www.gowarmor.freeforums.org/

- Fitz

xalener said:
Everyone's cog armor is customized at least a little bit.

Did you even notice the bigass knife that Dom has on his chest that no one else has? Don't tell me you haven't, it's FREAKING HUGE.
heh, never played Gears.

The halo chest armor is different?

I mean, the add-on's are freakin hige, but there's always that Mark 6 under it.

Also, there are now two different kinds of helmets in gears. Besides, It's really about the design and recognizableness of the armor that draws appeal to building it, not the customization. There are many more MkVI helms here than anything else, and if you went into a con with full hayabusa, a spartan would be the average onlooker's last guess at what you are.

I'd like to build cog armor someday, but I've got my hands full with this predator right now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back