Props Beam Rifle Wip *new Pictures Page 2*

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexasAggie2011

So I finally got around to printing the pep files Bev was nice enough to unfold better for me. As it turns out a copy of pep designer running in a faux windows environment on Ubuntu Linux doesn't liek it when you tell it to print your file to a printer not hooked into it's fake windows OS.

anyways, its going to be one hell of a project. as soon as i'm done pepping it, Adam and I are going to make a smoothcast mold of it to make copies. As for my first one, i'm adding this into it after hollowing out the barrel.

http://www.wickedlasers.com/lasers/SONAR_I...rner-73-24.html

167.jpg

that'll be housed inside near the drum mag and hooked to the trigger, so when the triggers pulled, the thing turns on momentarily, and that little purple beam comes out. and no thats not photoshopped. the aperture operates at 60mW so its able to be seen during the day, has a point thats seen as far as 15 miles, it'll burn holes in black plastics, and sting skin.

and now heres a couple pics of the work i've gotten done in the last half hour. so far i've only got the end caps for the drum mags, so when i get something on a bigger scale done, ill update.

SA400001-3.jpg

SA400002-3.jpg

SA400003-1.jpg

this sounds like an awsome project but jason are you planning on shooting eachother with this laser? I'm just curios how leathal it really is, if it can burn through plastic and sting skin

Yeah, it does look like an awesome project and those lasers... Are ALOT I've been to wickedlasers before.

the lasers arn't powerful enough to do damage. i've got a green one thats 200mW. 140 more than this one. i've tried it out before on the skin thing and really it only has the power to singe the skin if left in the same spot close up for more than 5 seconds. it can actually cauterise small bleeding wounds too.

I actually have the other one as well already and it takes alot longer to singe at the power.. at least i'm not using the other one. that one can pop balloons, light matches, cigarettes, and the dot goes 120 miles according to the sites stats. but with the beam divergence factored in the spots the size of a large SUV at the distance.

can't wait to see the finished project, it sounds detailed.
I wish powerful lasers were'nt banned in New South Wales here in oz! :cry:

Nice, lucky you with some 405th friends nearby to help you out! :)

hmm, where did you get the beam rifle file? It doesn't appear to be in the Wiki.

RadioaciveMicrobe said:
Nice, lucky you with some 405th friends nearby to help you out! :)

hmm, where did you get the beam rifle file? It doesn't appear to be in the Wiki.

Yeah. I just so happen to be going to college at Texas A&M, so Adam and Spase are about an hour from me in opposite directions, Sigmas pretty close too and theres quite a few other members as well.

originally i found a beam rifle file in the google sketch up 3D warehouse along with many other models by a user named Birdman. I asked him if i could take his files, tweak them, convert them to .3DS format and then use pepakura to turn his 3D designs into real life models.

I ran into a bit of trouble trying to do the conversion (again all the methods for converting it didn't work too well with ubuntu), and thats where Bev came in, and he was nice enough to also unfold the file while he was at it.

If you're interested in the file, heres a link to where Bev hosted it.

Link fo file

(Click on picture to enlarge)

3051367846_852a673db3.jpg

3050528719_d4e35c2dcc.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
*update*

managed to finish the drum mag this morning/last night. heres a few pictures. Sorry about the quality but my cameras being stupid. :cautious:

1215080303.jpg

1215080303a.jpg

1215080303b.jpg

1215080323.jpg

seems prety large, but im deffinetly making one beam rifle is one of my favorite wepons. By the way great folds jason.

Looking good Jason. The violet laser in the rifle will be very badass. I checked the link and saw that it has a 405nm wavelength. Coincidence? :lol:

iizahsum said:
seems prety large, but im deffinetly making one beam rifle is one of my favorite wepons. By the way great folds jason.

thanks iizahsum. but yeah, i set it for a 1:1 ratio, so the things going to be around 62 inches when done. I figured it wouldn't look at that awkward for me to hold it seeing as i'm 6'2".

Sigma-LS said:
Looking good Jason. The violet laser in the rifle will be very badass. I checked the link and saw that it has a 405nm wavelength. Coincidence? :lol:

Thanks Sig, interesting.. I didn't notice that at all... or did i? :lol:

I downloaded the Beam Rifle just now and I gots to say that its pretty freakin' sweet although the tiny little triangles are going to be a HUGE pain in the ass. I wil be watching this thread once in a while to the new pics. Try not to shoot anybody with that laser, you can burn an eye out with that thing.

Good luck on teh project.

-Pony (y) (y) (y)

ACDCrockr209 said:
I downloaded the Beam Rifle just now and I gots to say that its pretty freakin' sweet although the tiny little triangles are going to be a HUGE pain in the ass. I wil be watching this thread once in a while to the new pics. Try not to shoot anybody with that laser, you can burn an eye out with that thing.

Good luck on teh project.
-Pony (y) (y) (y)

lol you can burn an eye out, this reminds me of a very funny movie involving a red ridder BB gun.

and yeah i guess it won't lok to bad if your 6'2'' and it is 62 in. it wouldnt be too big.

Lols rumble box's would be pretty cool, With that laser this looks like it's shaping up to be a really awesome build
major props my friend. :not worthy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back