The Best Stormtrooper Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gearsofhalo

I was looking into buying stormtrooper armor, and I found the rubies collectors edition armor. It looked really promising for only $599. But yes I know WE DONT TAKE KIND TO RUBIES AROUND HERE! lol lol lolz. But are there any sellers people preffer with good pricing? or have any of you guys dealt with the rubies armor?

I'm sure people that are members of the 501st have some names. I heard there is a FX kit as well for a decent price.

Sigma-LS said:
I'm sure people that are members of the 501st have some names. I heard there is a FX kit as well for a decent price.
Yea, I looked on ebay, the FX kit seems to go for around $100-$200. I have been considering buying a kit too, the FX one looks pretty high quality compaired to rubies.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks! thats a great price! ca someone send me the URL I'm having a hard time finding any. greatly appreciate it.

Alright dude, as an un-official member of the 501st, I'd like to tell you to stay away from Rubies and ebay. What you should do is go to the 501st website and find your local garrison. Once there, talk to people in your garrison, they will know where to get quality armor. This is if you intend on joining the 501st though.

bald cactus v2 said:
Alright dude, as an un-official member of the 501st, I'd like to tell you to stay away from Rubies and ebay. What you should do is go to the 501st website and find your local garrison. Once there, talk to people in your garrison, they will know where to get quality armor. This is if you intend on joining the 501st though.
Not trying to offend anyone, but the whole "You can only join our imaginary military group if you buy your armor from this person, with these details" seems like a way for a few people to make an extra buck.

Tater Mane said:
Not trying to offend anyone, but the whole "You can only join our imaginary military group if you buy your armor from this person, with these details" seems like a way for a few people to make an extra buck.

You have misinterpreted what he said, and what we in the 501st have as our standards.

You are able to join the 501st with any movie quality and canon set of armor, FX, TE, AP, whoever. The only limit on manufacturer is if it is high quality. In my garrison a 15 year old kid scultped his own vac-form molds, and once he is 18, he will be able to join with the armor he himself scultped and vac formed.

The point of getting in touch with your local garrison is so they can recommend secure dealers who people have dealt with and gotten product from before, and help you avoid being ripped off. It only makes sense to talk to the people who actually have the product and have researched who are the best dealers and makers when you want to buy something.

A while ago, I read that you had to have one of three or four types of armor to join. Apparently that has changed.

Tater Mane said:
A while ago, I read that you had to have one of three or four types of armor to join. Apparently that has changed.

I have been a 501st member for 4 years and trooping for 6. I think I know the membership standards.

Those four are the most common and readily available sets of armor out there. They have been the produced the most, and as such they are the ones that almost everyone has. That does not mean that they are the only ones that are acceptable for membership. The Legion Charter, easily available on the main Legion website says:
"The only requirements for membership are "ownership" of an accurate, complete, and professional-quality costume celebrating the Imperial (Dark Side) characters from the Star Wars films or its expanded universe sources, that the member is able to wear said costume(s) and that the member must be at least eighteen (18) years of age."

Accurate, complete, and professional-quality costume. That is it. If you can make it yourself, or find it form one of those main 4 sources (which is hard becuase they are the most popular and have made the most) than it is perfectly acceptable for membership.

Gearsofhalo said:
Cadet where do you recomend I get armor?

I have to second the recommendation of asking your local garrison. Almost every garrison has a forum. Just find the section for new people, most of the garrison boards have one, and introduce yourself and be very polite. A lot of times if you just post a hey thread that is "Hai guyz I wants to buy armor!!!!11!" You won't be taken seriously. Introduce yourself and say that you are looking for information on where to find armor and could someone email or PM you with some leads.

You can never go wrong with the FX kit. It is easy to put together, and universal known and accepted. It is what I have and it has served me well for 6 years of hard trooping.

However, it is "inaccurate." This has never bothered bothered me, but a lot of guys really push for that supreme scree accuracy. For that you will need like a TE, AP, or AA kit. However, these will cost you more. But as they grow more common, the price has fallen over the last couple of years. Some time in the future I will probably upgrade to a TE, but I have the build to fit the kit, because the actual screen accurate kits are sized to the original actors, and they were skinny stunt folk :)

So, if you don't have a lot of dough, I would go for an FX. It's a classic, and I like mine.

Gearsofhalo said:
where can I find an FX? or where did you get yours cadet, I can't find any anywhere, or on ebay.

I did get mine by talking to my local garrison, they got me in touch with someone selling a kit.

One of the big rules in the 501st is that we don't publicly post names of people selling kits or kit makers, to protect them from getting in trouble with LucasFilm.

FX kits are all over Ebay. If its on Ebay, its a good chance its an FX kit. Like these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-Prop-Stormtr...93%3A1|294%3A50

http://cgi.ebay.com/DELUXE-STORMTROOPER-AR...93%3A1|294%3A50

I know nothing about those sellers, so I can not recommend them. *EDIT* Actually looked at those auctions....wow, yeah, waaay over priced, defiantly do not buy those *EDIT* This is why you need to talk to your local troopers, they will know who in your area to buy from. Someone might even be selling their old kit.

there are way more than 4 kits out there. i have 5 myself. all different. all made by different people.

that said its ALWAYS better and cheaper to purchase from your local garrison. there are usually several people per garrison that build armor.

where are you located? I'll see if i can find you a builder in that area, but i woudl follow cadets advise. figure out which garrison you're in, and contact them. however...

DO NOT ASK THEM,

"HEY WHERE CAN I BUY SOME TK ARMOR!!!!!! lols..."

that will get you nowhere and ignored. best bet is to go to a few troops and start talking to people. you never know you might end up with biker armor, or tie pilots, or something else. you never know.

...and yes the rubies is NOT accepted nor good looking. ive stood next to it at SDCC and it was horrible. really really bad.

501st.com

i belive that puts you in the Empire City Garrison, but i coudl be wrong. I personally dont know too many in that area. But if you can locate a member called Spat. I think his website is spatsarmorcave.com or Spatcave.com or something. he's a good place to start, but try the fanforce.net website for new york city, or the empirecitygarrison website.

that shoudl get you started. OR

whitearmor.com

I can put you in contact with Deckard, he sells the FX-lite kit and I can also help you get the helmet,

That ought to get you started.

- Fitz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back