Pelican Pepakura File

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harris007

Jr Member
This is the pelican file. I originally tried to unfold and scale it to 6 feet long but that failed as i struggled with the unfolding.
If you have unfolded the pelican, please post the link to the file.

Here it is anyways.
http://www.4shared.com/file/78227791/61859283/Pelican.html

I also have a high detail anti aircraft wraith, banshee, fuel rod gun, hornet, elephant (courtesy of WMHunter), Warthog, Scorpion, Lifepod, and normal Wraith. I still need to upload them. When i do, i will make a post that i have uploaded them.

Could somebody unfold this please? I gave it my best shot but ive never unfolded anything before so i failed... miserablyThanks

I'll do my best to do this one for you too dude. But I can't guarentee they'll be done any time soon, these files you have are pretty insane. And do me a favor, don't make another thread for these files, just add them on to one you have already made. The mods don't take too kindly to people posting a bajillion threads. And one more thing, could you post that life pod file up? There was this one guy who might be interested in that. He wanted to make a gaming pod out of pep, and he might like to see that. I think his name was vampyredh, or soemthing like that.

Harris007 said:
This is the pelican file. I originally tried to unfold and scale it to 6 feet long but that failed as i struggled with the unfolding.
If you have unfolded the pelican, please post the link to the file.

Hey, hey, hey, wait a minute... To export a model with HMT it isn't all at all :)
You need a ton of ant's work - clean up.
Pepakura Designer doesn't give such option. It work with any crap you load into it.
But we need to have almost ideal model before import.
So where did you failed? Triangle editing? Face deleting? Something else?

Gimme ppl 2 days, I'll put here 100% buildable pelican pdo file, he he...

Last edited by a moderator:
If you Google, you'll find a papercraft pelican with textures. I've got it somewhere on my computer. I think it's a PDF. I'm sure once bevbor gets done this will be a great piece.

tlither said:
I'm sure once bevbor gets done this will be a great piece.
(y) Thank you :)

Okay, here is cleaned up model ready for final unfolding.
It consist of 5 parts - main hull and 4 engines, all separate one from another.
Life size scale: 30,5 meters long.
(Click picture to enlarge)
3157767066_7e85e69fe8.jpg

Ahh Thank you bevbor! That is so much better! I'm on it, it'll be done within a few hours. Without the ribs in the cabin, it'll be 100 times easier.

bevbor said:
(y) Thank you :)

Okay, here is cleaned up model ready for final unfolding.
It consist of 5 parts - main hull and 4 engines, all separate one from another.
Life size scale: 30,5 meters long.
(Click picture to enlarge)
3157767066_7e85e69fe8.jpg

The main hull when unfolding is too large :( (i typed in 300 mm depth)

thanks heavygunner, but what is the real size of this unfold?

I scaled it to 30cm, so roughly a foot tall. It should be just big enough to seat all your mcfarlane figures comfortably in the cabin! ;)

HeavyGunner said:
I scaled it to 30cm, so roughly a foot tall. It should be just big enough to seat all your mcfarlane figures comfortably in the cabin! ;)

but if i won't to sit toys, i want to sit people :p , i've been thinking in open a paintball camp :D and though it sounds incredible or stupid :lol: , i want to make one pelican in real size, what can i do? can you help me? o_O

note: if my english is bad, please tell me :p

pero no quiero sentar muñecos, quiero sentar gente :p, he estado pensando en abrir un campo de gotcha :D, y aunque suene estupido o increible :lol:, quiero hacer un pelican en tamaño real, que puedo hacer?, puedes ayudarme? o_O

but if i won't to sit toys, i want to sit people , i've been thinking in open a paintball camp and though it sounds incredible or stupid , i want to make one pelican in real size, what can i do? can you help me?

note: if my english is bad, please tell me

Don't worry it sounds great! And uhhh wow haha that would be a very large undertaking. And I'm pretty sure that a life size pelican probably shouldn't be built with paper! haha ;) Uuuum, I would think that if you're lookin to build a life size pelican, the best place to start would be with a very high definition 3ds model to get reference ideas. The best way to go about making it, would probably be to build a frame of metal, and then just weld lots of steel plates to the outside for a shell. Come to think of it, a very large steel frame would be difficult, but the general shape might not be too hard to do. I would say that a very hollow steel shell with a roughly 15 by 10 by 10 ft cabin wouldn't be entirely impossible. If it's just going to be sitting on the paintball filed as a really big bunker, then appearence doesn't have to be perfect. It just has to be recognizable as a "pelican" Not sure if this is entirely pratical, but I say if you wanna do it, just go for it! haha

Well, if you want to build it to ACTUAL size, the result will be just ovet 100 feet long. You could scale it down, of course. No matter how you scale it cardstock aint gonna cut it. For a stationary piece, like a pelican crash site, you could build it out of dimensional lumber and plywood. If you want to be able to move it, at any scale larger than 10 feet, then you're talkin some serious cash, buddy. That would be a helluva project. Sounds like fun. Maybe an actual sized warthog for a paintball field? A a mock up of a wrecked 'hog should be pretty easy.

HeavyGunner said:
Don't worry it sounds great! And uhhh wow haha that would be a very large undertaking. And I'm pretty sure that a life size pelican probably shouldn't be built with paper! haha ;) Uuuum, I would think that if you're lookin to build a life size pelican, the best place to start would be with a very high definition 3ds model to get reference ideas. The best way to go about making it, would probably be to build a frame of metal, and then just weld lots of steel plates to the outside for a shell. Come to think of it, a very large steel frame would be difficult, but the general shape might not be too hard to do. I would say that a very hollow steel shell with a roughly 15 by 10 by 10 ft cabin wouldn't be entirely impossible. If it's just going to be sitting on the paintball filed as a really big bunker, then appearence doesn't have to be perfect. It just has to be recognizable as a "pelican" Not sure if this is entirely pratical, but I say if you wanna do it, just go for it! haha

jajajaja thanks heavygunner, i'll be thinking how to make it ;)

note: if my english is bad, please tell me :p

jajajaja gracias heavygunner, estare pensando como hacerlo ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back