Thorssoli's Rvb Reconstruction Caboose Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's looks more proportionate than the previous one. And your only getting by on Dr. Pepper! Wow tha'ts very wrong! I'm not a big drinker or anything, but one after a day's work is always welcome, I hope they change the policy soon for the sake of sanity.

Sigma-LS said:
The H3 MkV is much wider when you compare a similar height to a Mk VI. It looks great but before I did all the detailing work I would make sure it doesn't have the NAS bobblehead effect when combined with a suit of armor.

Can't imagine why 29cm was a default though. I did mine at 26.

Anyway I'm sure it'll turn out awesome knowing you thor. We need more H3 Mk V's around here. I think you're only the 3rd one to build one. :D

headshot inssurance? lol

edit-- good work thor, thanks for both good works, halo and millitary. Spartans never die. :not worthy:

Last edited by a moderator:
Whats wrong with Dr Pepper?:whistle: lol
Anyway, it's off to a great start! If it's as good as your mark IV it may be one of the best H3 mark V helmets here :)

1ManBattalion said:
That's looks more proportionate than the previous one. And your only getting by on Dr. Pepper! Wow tha'ts very wrong! I'm not a big drinker or anything, but one after a day's work is always welcome, I hope they change the policy soon for the sake of sanity.

I'm liking the smaller scale a lot better.

I'm also not a big drinker, but a bottle of whatever while tinkering on my projects tends to make them go a lot smoother. Or at least it seems that way.

Overlord_Ian said:
Whats wrong with Dr Pepper?:whistle: lol
Anyway, it's off to a great start! If it's as good as your mark IV it may be one of the best H3 mark V helmets here :)

There is nothing wrong with Dr. Pepper per se. There is something vaguely wrong with the fact that I've been selected for promotion to the rank of Lieutenant Commander in the US Navy, I've been in command of ships and people and millions of dollars worth of ordnance and equipment, and I still can't be trusted with alcohol.

I'm not sure if I'll be molding and casting copies of the Mk5 like I did with my Mk6. In accordance with RvB: Reconstruction, I only need one Mk5. The rest of the main characters are in Mk6. Plus, I'm not sure there's enough people who'd want to buy a copy to cover the costs of molding it.

Anyway, I should get a chance to pour the resin into the smaller bucket tonight.

Stay tuned.

thorssoli said:
...There is something vaguely wrong with the fact that I've been selected for promotion to the rank of Lieutenant Commander in the US Navy, I've been in command of ships and people and millions of dollars worth of ordnance and equipment, and I still can't be trusted with alcohol.

I can empathize...I was a Marine in Iraq about five years ago (when the poo first hit the fan), and they had the same policy... They told us that it was out of respect for Muslim law, but I think that it was more like "Hmm, Jarheads+heavy weapons & explosives+booze=bad juju."

...Plus, I'm not sure there's enough people who'd want to buy a copy to cover the costs of molding it.

You could take a poll, See who's interested...maybe by PM to weed out the window shoppers

Stay tuned.

I will...AWESOME work & stay safe!!

Looking Grood man :D

My Uncle is stationed in Saudi Arabia (not the same hood I know, but phew!) He works on F-15's etc. He tells about how he can't watch stuff like Star Wars since the Saudi's see it as witchcraft or something... eeeeeesh...

I eternally tip my hat to anyone in the Armed Services, continue to be safe and making sweet ass armor!

see, i knew the helmet was originally made too big. That size is more for Master Chief, not us normal humans. Good build anyways.

I ordered a visor through Amazon (since I knew it would definitely be shipped to a military address) and it showed up today. I taped it in place for a quick few photos, so here's my first comparison shot of this little project:
COMPARISON1.jpg

More to come. Stay tuned.

good on you fella (both for the job you are doing...and fitting in a bit of pep work!)

But have you ever considered going one bettwer than just making mock up armour? i mean being in the military, you must have access to to the odd kevlar vest..couldnt you modify something to fit a mjolnir suit? i dont want to make light of why you are there, but wouldnt it be fun to strut around in some MKVI armour that can actually stop a bullet or 2 :p

hmmmm......this has got me thinking now! To the nerd cave.......... :tutu:

SpartanG said:
But have you ever considered going one bettwer than just making mock up armour? i mean being in the military, you must have access to to the odd kevlar vest..couldnt you modify something to fit a mjolnir suit? i dont want to make light of why you are there, but wouldnt it be fun to strut around in some MKVI armour that can actually stop a bullet or 2 :p

Actually, the kevlar vests are pretty pricey. Then there's the ballistic ceramic plates that actually do the bullet-stopping for rifle rounds. Those are so expensive that police departments usually can't afford to use them. That, and they're single-use. In short: they keep a close eye on that kind of gear, so if I'm not able to return mine in some sort of serviceable shape and I haven't been shot, it'll end up costing me personally a hell of a lot of money.

I had thought about putting together a suit just to wear for strolling a couple of laps around the inside of the perimeter walls. We've got a lot of local nationals who work on the base and I'd love to see what kind of rumors we could get started among the Afghans once word got out about something like that. I read a story a little while back about a group of US soldiers in Iraq who'd effectively convinced the locals that their forward operating base was protected by a force field. The rumor actually got the insurgents to call off their planned attacks at that base and go elsewhere to cause trouble. Who knows what these folks would think I was, but the rumors might make for interesting psyops.

On the other hand, if I was dumb enough to dress like that outside the wire, I'd just make an even more attractive target for a sniper. So for that, I'll stick with my Army costume:
Ahmed-Thorsson.jpg

Since I've run into a bit of a stopping point on the helmet, I've started putting together pep models for the rest of my MkVI build.

bleepbloopthor.png

Ah, the American army.... the only force in the word that'd have the sack to go out with Achmed on their dome. We salute you, Mr Serviceman!

But seriously... awesome/10.

BLEEP BLOOP

Minor bit of fairing done. I'm back to work on this part too.

3941781203_fbfc486e54_o.jpg

Now back to Bondo and sanding. Yay!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back