Flulia's Mark Vi Armor In Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flulia

Okay, I've decided that I'm going to move the first post down and merge it with my second post so that I can keep this for updates and such. In this post, I will put one picture up of each piece. More photos can be found in one of my latest posts. But this first post will be so people can quickly glance and see where my current progress is. Enjoy!

~Paris

Current Helmet Stage: Resin - In progress - more pics in post #46
The helmet was resined this morning! 1/18

DSCN2936.jpg

Current Torso Stage: Pep - In Progress

The torso is going a little slower than I imagined, but I have gone back to work, so it's cutting into my pep time. For more pictures of the torso, check out post #37 on page 2.

DSCN2921.jpg

Current Bicep Stage: 1/2 Pep - more pics in post #40

DSCN2927.jpg

Great first papercraft/ Halo pepakura ;)
Don't worry about the top of the helmet being crooked , It'll get fixed when you put the rest together ;D

EDIT::: First post moved here, so I can keep the first post for all updates.

Okay, I'm a total noob at this. . . and when I say noob, I mean it.
I've never papercrafted anything, so why not try to make some armor? Right?

After being given an EOD helmet by a super awesome guy, Baconmaster6969, and watching him, Evella, and Jessmo work on theirs, I thought this was the coolest thing ever. And when combined with Halo, what could be better?

So, here's my first attempt, so far so good I hope.
I just got home from vacation and this is what I finished before I left. Hopefully, I'll have the rest done by the end of the night! Yay!
Working with cardstock

DSCN2900-1.jpg

Yes. . . I know the top pieces are a little crooked. They'll be fine when I glue them in.

DSCN2899-1.jpg

~Paris

222notforu!!! said:
Great first papercraft/ Halo pepakura ;)
Don't worry about the top of the helmet being crooked , It'll get fixed when you put the rest together ;D

Thanks! I'm working on the helmet now and as I'm gluing more of the pieces together, it looks pretty straight. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Make sure you make and use the visor, otherwise, your entire helmet will be ruined when it comes time to glass.

Ithica said:
Nicely done I can not wait to get home and get started.

Ithica

Thank you. I've been folding and gluing ever since I got home from the airport, haha.

Tater Mane said:
Make sure you make and use the visor, otherwise, your entire helmet will be ruined when it comes time to glass.

I didn't know that. Thanks for the tip! So, if I want to, I can cut the visor out later after it's glassed and put an actual visor in?

After you glass, yes, you can cut the visor out and add a real one. There is a stickie for the whole process, but you wont need that until you get to that step in the process.

baconmaster6969 said:
oh wow! looks amazing. can't wait to see it finished paris :p
keep it up, we may be able to get it glassed in the near future.

Haha, notice that I included you in my first post. I'm so excited about this helmet!
However, my body keeps telling me that I should eat, and I keep telling it, just let me glue on one more piece!
I miss having you in the same house :(

looks pretty good so far, and yes use the visor like tater said, and if you wanna be extra careful make support struts.

also, why does it seem like we are gaining a small army in maryland?

iizahsum said:
looks pretty good so far, and yes use the visor like tater said, and if you wanna be extra careful make support struts.

Haha, well, I know of four of us here. Shhh. . . don't tell anyone, we're secretly building up an army so we can rule the world with our awesomely made outfits!!! Mwahahahaha. . . or I could be a little high from all of this glue, lol.

Jessmo said:
You are doing an awesome job! :cool:

Thanks! I've got some work to do if I want to catch up to you guys lol. But as fun as it is, I'm sure it won't take me long :D

iizahsum said:

haha, as soon as registration opened, I told alllll of my friends, espesically Jessmo. :D
It definitley helps motivate me when I know there's others very close by that I can help, or that can help me.

Here's an update with some pictures of the finished helmet.

DSCN2904.jpg

DSCN2903.jpg

DSCN2905.jpg

DSCN2906.jpg

DSCN2908.jpg

Well, it's sort of finished. I just need to glue in the visor parts. Hopefully, that will take out the remaining crookedness in the front, and stabilize it when I resin the outside. Now, I'm off to Walmart for some supplies!

yay paris - see here are some advantages to you not having a job. You can paper craft all day.

any ideas on what colors you plan on making it?

Evella said:
yay paris - see here are some advantages to you not having a job. You can paper craft all day.

any ideas on what colors you plan on making it?

Yay for papercrafting all day!

I have no idea what color I should make it. . . I thought about the standard olive green color, or maybe the pink (or light red is it's called) haha, but my char is usually gray when I play Halo. I also thought about black or blue. I have no idea. . . *sigh* too many choices lol

Edit::: Girl to girl making armor. . . do you know anything about how to scale the chest armor for large busted girls?? lol

Huzzah for finished projects. :p keep it up =D

as for chest, i just think you should make the size tester model first and see how it fits, scale it accordingly and build your HD torso.

Yeah, I would -definitely- make a size tester first, rather than spend time on even a medium def model and have it come out the wrong size. Size testers don't take very much time to put together, and they are very much worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back