Complete Noob List

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Ithica Thank you for the list of things this will definently help. i have see a lot of i ur work and itis all really good keep it up.

Just wondering, I have some ESS profile military goggles(ANSI/ANZI approved) should I not use those? Is there a chance that something will shatter my lens? I guess nothing will, because those clear woodcutting goggles DEFINATELY can't hold up as well.

I have searched everywhere and still have not found where I can get those black tube things on the left and right of the "mouth" piece of the MK6 helm. Can anyone shed light on it or get ithica to add it to the list? I really have no idea how to add this detail to my helm after bondo, im using pepakura by the way

Awesome thread man, thanks for the list of supplies. This will really help me get started in the 405th

@ Master Sunsau

I know the detail that ur talking about, and i dont know if this is wut u want, but go to this link that ithica posted earlier: http://405th.com/for...showtopic=16507

he used that tut for the shoe "seal" but if u properly apply it to the detail that ur talking about, it SHOULD work. a way would be to cut it at an angle and pinch it in so its more tubular and then hot glue it in but hold it in place until it dries unless it can stay. if that don't work, then maybe find a smaller plunger than the one he used. or go to home depot and u might find some tubing in the basic detailed shape that u want, and it just might work. hope i helped :)

EDIT:

Split Flex tubing; available at almost any hardware store

http://www.acehardwa...pi-1290471.html

elxcht03a.jpg

I dug that up from a post from like 2006. it also allows ventilation, so its great :) once again, hope i helped :)

and i got the quote from Sean Bradley, i couldnt figure out how to do a proper quotation, srry :(

Great list. It really put the cost of an armor project into perspective for me.

I'm not sure if it's only my walmart or if it's nation wide, but the 2" chip brushes at my walmart were $0.88 a piece.

tomb-stone said:
i guess nobody realized (including me) that someone necroed this thread like 18 posts ago O_O

You can't necro a sticky....

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for this! I was starting to make the pepakura of my mjolnir mark VI and was kinda confused what i need and where to get it. Sadly no walmarts here :/

Need to find them somewhere else. Shouldn't be hard tho. atleast i wish so.

Amazing work!

I tried sending a reply via pm to ithica but he couldn't receive any more so... sorry for replying here.

Just a few things to note from a noobs perspective. The gas is an "Anti-Dust spray chemical gas" respirator from Neiko Tools(this had me confused when I went to my local hardware store) the rubber gloves, do you literally mean rubber gloves or just like latex-ish gloves? And the last thing I would suggest you put down woodworking goggles instead of glasses, I haven't sanded fiberglass before but I'd imagine glasses wouldn't cut it for protecting your eyes? Not meaning to be a jerk I was just confused as hell over a few things cause I wrote exactly what u put down on a piece of paper and went to the store haha. other than that THANK YOU for this list it's been a big help.

Oh, and i forgot, is 200 the grit or the number of those dremel sanding drums I need? cause i could only find 60 and 120 grit in walmart lol.

Hey ithica could you update that link for the upper body portion of the under suit? it says that the link is no longer working... That would be awsome! keep it up Man!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back