Video Games, The Answer To World Peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rowan

I just found an absolutely brilliant article by jeremy clarkson from top gear, praising video games as the answer to world peace.
Here are a few quotes from it:
...we need to look at the world since Pong. This was the first commercially available video game; it featured two bats, a square ball and lots of irritating noises, it came along in 1972 and since then the western world has, for the most part, been at peace. We can therefore conclude that Pong and other games of its ilk ended the cold war because, for the first time in history, leaders had something better to do than rush about threatening to bash one another’s heads in.

When we look at the world’s trouble spots today – the Gaza Strip, Somalia, Sri Lanka and so on – we find large chunks of the population which have no possibility of playing Grand Theft Auto. This means they are bored.

The full article can be found here: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/c...icle5488548.ece

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha ;)

Though satirical, he makes valid points.

If the youth in war torn countries were more concerned with Xbox achievements, they'd have less time to burn cars lol.

"Yeah I'd love to blow up your embassy, but I have to decorate my Viva Pinata farm instead."

Idle hands!

"Sir, we're being nuked"

"not now im in the middle of a boss"

rofl, yea i think we should make games, not war
it would be a much, much, much better place

We could just resolve the worlds problems over Xbox Live. Imagine it, the Iraq war fought using CS or Halo.

1diotic Gen1us said:
We could just resolve the worlds problems over Xbox Live. Imagine it, the Iraq war fought using CS or Halo.

That shall be win.

This guy's good.

i agree.. with the way he wrote all i could see or should i say hear in my head was a really intelegent english voice...

if they had the new technology of games they woldnt have these issues... but at the same time all the really old people in the big offices havent played them either so we need to wait most likely 30-40 years before the white house and parlement hill in canada has some dispute and rather than decareing war they rage it over xbox live... well whoever gets the most points wins... but then wait heres the contradictory point!

because say obama beat harper (american president vs canadian prime minister) what happens is one will take it to far like some do and think its realy... then one will say "hey you said if i won that match i get to have your country" the other will say "no i didnt actually mean it i was just saying it not meaning it"

what happens their is war anyways... this sort of peice setting can only work in the image i have placed below and its more like a family environment setting rather tan an actual world policy.. if it becomes world policy this is what might happen and we have war anyways...

loved the article but it would only work in such a way as in familys...

random8fi9.gif

ps sorry to rain on the parade

regards
fluffy

kinda weird how some claim it keeps peace and some claim it makes murderers of us all

but i do agree with this 100%
maybe in the near future we can settle wars by having matches in halo rather than sending troops over to their country, save lives and time

edit_
1diotic Gen1us said:

grr, you beat me to it

But then what do we do with the cheaters? I know use the Ban-Hammer. :D

I like this idea, but where do I insert the token? :eek:

DoC ByTeS said:
But then what do we do with the cheaters? I know use the Ban-Hammer. :D

I like this idea, but where do I insert the token? :eek:
Cheaters get banned until they read EVERYTHING on 4chan. The ones who dont kill themselves will never cheat again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back