Sigma's Fallout T51-B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sigma LS

Sr Member
I figured I had enough done at this point to start a thread for my helm. It's fiberglassed with it's first coat of primer and I'm beginning the smoothing process as I post this. :D:D' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Here are the progress pics of it so far. I plan on making all the round bit's, vents, hoses, lights, and targeting reticle from scratch so they are missing in the paper model, plus that stuff gets in the way of smoothing. :cautious:/dry.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='<_<' />" border="0" alt="dry.gif" />

Comments and crits are welcome. Let me know what you think!

Used this model unfolded for me by 1ManBattalion

t51bunfoldedsmooth.jpg

Paper model

IMG_1177.jpg

Couple of vent Ideas

IMG_1185.jpg

IMG_1187.jpg

Primered up after resin

IMG_1194.jpg

IMG_1191.jpg

That's turning out to be a nice Helmet, It's alittle bulkier than I expect. But I guess that's how it should be. Nice Job!

Very nice, I need too buy more card stock so i can start on mine.

also THAT THING IS A MONSTER!

quick edit- nice rogue helm their to.

Nice helm! I like the vents/greeblies. What type of bottles did they come from? The two lower ones look like spice container lids, but is the small upper one from a soy sauce bottle?

Glad to see you got around to starting this,
I would say its rather large, But compared to the other armor it seems about right.

Good idea with the LYNX or AXE deodorant lid.

1ManBattalion said:
That's turning out to be a nice Helmet, It's alittle bulkier than I expect. But I guess that's how it should be. Nice Job!

Thanks. Yeah, it's the right size but without the rest of the armor it looks freaking huge!

AussieTrooper said:
That looks very nice already Sigma.

You gonna consider putting a real respirator in here? Haha Jk.

But seriously...do it.

I was taking apart my spare 3M respirator yesterday to see if that would work. Just not sure if I want to destroy a $35 respirator. :lol:

Loess said:
Nice helm! I like the vents/greeblies. What type of bottles did they come from? The two lower ones look like spice container lids, but is the small upper one from a soy sauce bottle?

The Stig said:
Glad to see you got around to starting this,
I would say its rather large, But compared to the other armor it seems about right.

Good idea with the LYNX or AXE deodorant lid.

Thanks and good guesses. Top is a sprinkler pressure valve, middle is AXE lid, bottom is a polish can combined with a pepper cap. They'll need more modifications before I finalize the design but I think it works well. :D

DoC ByTeS said:
Looking good Sigma, though you might have a couple of open faces still :p

A few. :p The model still looks 10 times better than when I sent it to 1ManBattalion though. He'll tell you what kind of nightmare it was. ;)

Updates soon!

Last edited by a moderator:
Starting to smooth out a bit. Some of my fiberglassing in the back turned out to not be flush with the model so needs more reinforcement. :rolleyes I'm going to slice off the cheek cable connectors in the back and replace them with steel hinges as well because they are proving to be too much of a hassle.

IMG_1195.jpg

IMG_1198.jpg

IMG_1200.jpg

That's looking good Sigma! This should be soe sweet armor if it turns about as good as your MC armor.

Might I ask where in Fallout this appears? I've only borrowed Fallout 3 for about a week from a friend, and I've only gotten to the 2nd story quest, all the side quests distracted me. :p

very cool, but isnt it a tad big? I dont know, i never played Fallout.

oh, and did you get my XBL invite?

RadioaciveMicrobe said:
That's looking good Sigma! This should be soe sweet armor if it turns about as good as your MC armor.

Might I ask where in Fallout this appears? I've only borrowed Fallout 3 for about a week from a friend, and I've only gotten to the 2nd story quest, all the side quests distracted me. :p

It's the standard Brotherhood of Steel and American Military power armor in Fallout 1 and 2 (even a few Enclave that haven't gotten upgrades use it)

You can only get it as the prototype version in Fallout 3 from the You Gotta Shoot 'Em in the Head sidequest. Well until the DLC comes out next week.

rvb4life said:
very cool, but isnt it a tad big? I dont know, i never played Fallout.
oh, and did you get my XBL invite?

It's the right size, it's supposed to go all the way down to the bottom of your neck. :D

Update: Smoothing round 2. I think one more pass and the front, top and sides will be good to go. Just need to build up some of those dents. Then it's the recesses and the back. :rolleyes

I've decided to keep the crest at this point even though it's not in the game. What do you guys think? Good idea or bad idea?

Just wanted to share a final update before I call it a night. Finished the main chin intake and the brow vents as well as rounding out the greeblie mounts. May be awhile before I update again. A lot of stuff to do this week. :cautious:

IMG_1212.jpg

IMG_1213.jpg

Sigma-LS said:
Just wanted to share a final update before I call it a night. Finished the main chin intake and the brow vents as well as rounding out the greeblie mounts. May be awhile before I update again. A lot of stuff to do this week. :cautious:

IMG_1212.jpg

IMG_1213.jpg

Sigma! Dude! You work so fast! Looks amazing, so far! Cant wait to see this finished! :)

michaelarby said:
dude thats class!! :D

smilie120 said:
Sigma! Dude! You work so fast! Looks amazing, so far! Cant wait to see this finished! :)

Thanks guys. It may take a bit but most of the pep stuff is getting close to done.

iizahsum said:
Is it going to be the same color as in game, or will you give it custom colors? mine will be back and red.

I'm going with the classic steel look but going to make it look weathered and beat to hell. :D

Also I had an extra two hours today to mess with it. Put in a couple of visor-bolts, pretty much finished smoothing the front half of the helm and did a couple of panel lines. :)

IMG_1215.jpg

EDIT: made a little summary vid to add to youtube too since I haven't put anything in my channel in ages

Double post. Wow second one today, I should be ashamed.

Anyway I tested a couple different types of greeblies this morning. The black ones and the lamp mount are gold but I'm not sure about the middle ones. I mean they're not accurate but they still look pretty awesome. Considering the F1+2 and F3 differences there, do you guys think it's acceptable? I'm thinking about cutting the rollers off them, it will make it more accurate but can't be undone so I'd really like to get some opinions before I move on. Please let me know what you think!

IMG_1218.jpg

IMG_1219.jpg

IMG_1220.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back