Christian Bale Goes Insane On Set Of T4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam

Forum Founder
Member DIN
S800
So apparently this is on the set of Terminator. Christian Bale is on set when the director of photography walks onto the set (off camera) to check a light. The mere sight of the tech throws Bale off his game and he goes insane. Actors are just amazing to me, with how arrogant they are.

Again, this is filled with a lot of bad language, so please be advised.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28984085/

batman-1.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't forget these people wake up at 4am and go to sleep at 2am.

I'm surprised he didn't do any worse.

I'm also surprised his real accent is starting to go away because of all his american parts. :p

The production team has to be on set much earlier than the actors do. No excuse. He's the one being unprofessional.

i had some respect for him as an actor, he was one of my favorite actors, but this just ruins it.

Its not like Mike Phelps and his whole bong incident recently, i like HIM even more for that. But Christian Bale just needs to shut up sometimes.

Kind of crazy that a professional actor would lose his cool over some dude working on the set. I can see where he's coming from. Distractions like that break the immersion and are unwelcome surprises during shooting. After about the first 15 seconds of what he said would have been all I would have yelled about, not a full 3 minutes. Bale seemed pretty stressed out though so I don't know what the extenuating circumstances were. But yeah unprofessional. And it sucks that the news got ahold of this for him. I wonder if there's a key grip with a bloody nose out there right now? :rolleyes

Directors like to fight too :

Not T4, Terminator Salvation... there was no terminator 3 as far as me and many other terminator fans are concerned.

I cant watch the video where i am, but i read the dialog. It was unprofessional of Bale to say all that, but when people snap they tend to do it not because of something big, that riles them up in the first place, but from something stupid and small like that. So while it was wrong of him I don't hold anything against him for it. He's still a very good actor, and I'm still looking VERY forward to Salvation.

p0rtalman said:
Not T4, Terminator Salvation... there was no terminator 3 as far as me and many other terminator fans are concerned.
agreed ;)

I read the transcript cause I'm at work...and...he should 'method act' someone who isn't a d-bag =\. I always forget that most of my favorite people in Hollywood are probably asses.

I don't buy Bale's reasoning of 'I can't be distracted' either. What movie set isn't a little chaotic? Isn't that a matter of pride for actors to be able to work amidst distractions or people making adjustments...? The poor light guy has his share of pressure too: dealing with hot fragile lamps, and worse, jerk actors trying to get them fired for doing their job. Maybe he screwed up, but he apologized sincerely and no one deserves to be treated that way at work.

<sigh> I'll still go watch the movie. But... I am going to imagine that the light guy is a T-1000 shooting at Bale hehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back