Skupilkinsons / Spc Hayabusa Lid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, this is great. thanks so much for the gift! I don't see a problem with you charching for your files, and I think this is very generous of you.

Offering a freebie once in a while will keep people coming back for more. Your models are very accurate and high detail without making them too insane to build. They are worth paying for, but many people on this forum can not make online purchases (many are too young and others are just broke :p).

I think that you should keep selling your models, but periodically offer a freebie for those who can't make a purchase. Think of it as a "try before you buy" kind of thing.

I just downloaded your hayabusa, and it is awesome. Keep up the good work!

Thanks alot guys. :)

Well maybe after I've cleared some of my current work load I'll come back with a new free release. No idea what it could be yet but who knows. :)

I'll get something together for ya Skip.

As far as people dissing you for selling your work, f 'em. You work hard and make some of the most accurate stuff and you do A LOT! If they don't like it, tell em to make it themselves. greedy little punks.

I'll shut up now

No SPC no, you can't shut up. You must keep posting that way we can know what sweet armor and weapons you are going to build next.

-Pony (y) (y) (y)

Last edited by a moderator:
Skupilkinson said:
Thanks very much for your comments regarding accuracy on my model. I owe a lot of that to Ruze!! He drew up some truly fantastic blueprints for this helmet and without them I couldn't have done this so a big "cheers dude!" goes to him.
Yeah ruze is a great guy and he does amazing work. Then are you going to post those blueprints?

EDIT: You got my email if you havent seen it all ready

Fantastic work there, Skip! :D

Definately worth paying for... though, in this case, like everyone else here I greatly appreciate your generosity with this file. I've already downloaded it, and hope to put it together myself soon ;)

Looks a lot less complicated to put together than others I've seen, and the great thing is none of the detail was sacrificed in making it easier to build.

Just one question: is the stated height in Pepakura Designer to the tip of the top fin, or to the top of the crown (part of the helmet that actually rests on top of one's head)? o_O

It would help to know that so I know just how to scale it :cool:

its tip of the spike its a pain to scale ive been trying and the largest it can be without changing the unfold is 32 so im using that and im 5 8 and 28 was to small hope that helps

Spartan 051 said:
Yeah ruze is a great guy and he does amazing work. Then are you going to post those blueprints?...

Well, that's up to Ruze himself really. He did them to help me out but the artwork belongs to him.

SPARTAN II said:
...Looks a lot less complicated to put together than others I've seen, and the great thing is none of the detail was sacrificed in making it easier to build.

Just one question: is the stated height in Pepakura Designer to the tip of the top fin, or to the top of the crown (part of the helmet that actually rests on top of one's head)? o_O

It would help to know that so I know just how to scale it :cool:

Hey, thanks alot buddy. :) I can't remember with any certanty(sp?) how I scaled it now. Though knowing me it's scaled for the whole height of the helmet. The best person to speak to about this is Smilie120. He got the first copy of this back when I finished it so he may have some words of wisdom concerning the scale.

DF4L: I'll PM ya buddy. ;)

Skupilkinson said:
[...]

Hey, thanks alot buddy. :) I can't remember with any certanty(sp?) how I scaled it now. Though knowing me it's scaled for the whole height of the helmet. The best person to speak to about this is Smilie120. He got the first copy of this back when I finished it so he may have some words of wisdom concerning the scale.

[...]

Thanks for the info, Skip. I'll be sure to shoot him a PM and ask him about that, so I can make sure I scale it correctly ;)

UNIT-SPARTAN#007 said:
this is the best damn thing that has ever happened to me lol downloading now hopefully its better than the others

Well then I hope so too. :) Well, I hope you like it anyway. :)

JediStumpy said:
Thank you!!
I've looked around my site and you have do some really cool things!!! Awesome WORK!!

Thanks alot! I appreciate people going there to see what else I'm doing, I don't post about it all here.

Not to down rate your model at all, it is awesome and the smoothness of it is godlike. the shape of the crest is also top notch....

.... but when i compare your version to abgates, there are a couple of details that you appear to have missed. Only minor ones like the indents just behind the vents and the one at the back.

Thanks alot buddy. :)

Though they weren't missed, they were left out. I think you can go too far in making a helmet or armor file for this type of thing. You end up having to preserve those details when using the filler or just redoing them anyway of you use too much filler. So when I do my files I leave out the smaller details as they can often be added easily enough later. The whole idea is to get the base right, then detail later.

That's my take on it anyway. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back