Turn Xp In To Vista.

Status
Not open for further replies.

smilie120

Sr Member
Hey guys. I recently changed some thing's on my pc. We all know that vista sucks seeing as it takes 1Gb of Ram. Well I personally prefer the themes, icons cursor's ect.

So I took a look in to some themes and certain packs. All together I downloaded the following.

3 Different themes, download the one you prefer:
Click for themes.

Vista Cursors:
Click for cursors.

Fully Customizable side-bar:
Download side-bar here.

And finally the sounds:
Click here for vista sounds.

The Icons are included in the theme.

I also boosted my resolution.

Here's me desktop before and after! :p (not in the screen shot I did not have the cursors.)

Before!
olddesktopky2.jpg

After!
vistabockgroundgk1.jpg

Seeing as these are just modified themes, sounds, cursors and icons I hasn't had any impact on my PC's performance. -- Aside from the side-bar which is opened like a .exe file

Well that's my personal progress. I hope someone can benefit from this.

--Smilie120

Last edited by a moderator:
smilie120 said:
I see.. Spelling error in the topic.. Let me just change that.. Thanks Ecose!

anytime :) ... im having a hard time with downloading the themes and it is making me angry you think you can help :D

I love these! I got the Razor theme, and the sidebar, now my pc looks like I wanted it to.

Quick edit----

Heres my desktop now....

deskyf9.png

this is awesome, now I can piss of people I know that hate vista, and they all know that I had vista once, hated it, and switched back to XP. lol now they will think im crazy and I switched back! :D I also will run games and video files and stuff that I never could run on vista and make them even more mad!

edit:
lol now try and make XP look like a mac, without just setting a mac desktop screenshot as your background, lolololol

C 4468 said:
lol I knew there was one somewhere, but thanks for finding it, im not going to use it but I might when I get bored of vista

No problem. I would use em but I just started with the vista look lol.

I actually don't have any problems with Vista.

Other than the typical MS problems that happen with XP too.

Thiss is really cool, though.

I need to figure out how to get my xp to run faster..... Ive done all Ican think of from disk cleanup and defraggin to seting everything to nothing. Any suggestions then than nukin it?

nuke it and stop hijacking the thread :p

(seriously, not worth the effort, if nuking isn't an option, you're doing something wrong, because Windows could stop working any day without warning, you really need to save your data somewhere else)

desktop21109dm2.png

I have had this since vista came out, and it is about the same as you have made yours however I no longer use the task bar because its a resource hog.

!!!also one thing you forgot to tell them was about was icons, and the UX patch to allow custom themes!!! (never mind about the UX patcher there is a link in your first link.)

Spawn Camp3r said:
desktop21109dm2.png

I have had this since vista came out, and it is about the same as you have made yours however I no longer use the task bar because its a resource hog.

!!!also one thing you forgot to tell them was about was icons, and the UX patch to allow custom themes!!! (never mind about the UX patcher there is a link in your first link.)

you got a TON of icons on your desktop, doesnt that also diminish some speed of a pc? or do you have a mass amount of ram and a good processor?

Oh, TF_productions I ofund out my problem....my mcafee trial thing was killin my pc's speed, so my xp is runnin way better.

kind of necro I know but,

Having a lot of icons doesn't decrease performance on any program... except for explorer.exe some times it has to reload all the icons but it doesn't bother me, and I might be upgrading to 64bit soon anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back