Halo Turret

Status
Not open for further replies.

desolate

Well i am putting a hold on the TDK holster and working on this bad boy.. it is going to be 70 inches long and it will be pretty light weight. here are some photos of what i have got done in the last 3 days.

MINIGUN-TURRET.jpg

IMG_2639.jpg

IMG_2637.jpg

IMG_2635.jpg

IMG_2633.jpg

halo3spartanredturret2tifjpgcopy.jpg

hope you enjoy.

Nice start, there's also a Turret pep by Bevbor but, it's warthog turret so, I don't know if you would want to use it.

oh man that looks amazing, can't wait to see the finished product. ive done some machining in the past and nothing ive done has been as cool as that. much luck and hope it turns out good for ya. also hope it doesn't deplete your wallet.

unholykey said:
oh man that looks amazing, can't wait to see the finished product. ive done some machining in the past and nothing ive done has been as cool as that. much luck and hope it turns out good for ya. also hope it doesn't deplete your wallet.

thanks man i have put about 3 days of work into this. (that includes prints and reference images scaling etc. etc.) I hope to make leaps and bounds on it this week.. i havent spent a dime on this project yet other than my time. I have a machine shop at my expose and i live a block away from it. this whole project has been made entirely out of scrap materials from were i work.. haha :D

i plan on making a stand i can mount it on. it will be pretty awesome once its completed. stay tuned. :) :)

Last edited by a moderator:
i am pretty excited about this i hope to have more progress on it tonight.. i will post more pics as i go.. :D :D

Hey there's a friendly face, long time no see. Hope you got all moved into the house and whatnot. Glad to see you back in action too, turret is looking amazing!

Cheers,
Kensai

I have to say its coming out good. After you get done will you be releasing all the schematics and references that you used? At the very least could you send it my way maybe. After next christmas I should have access to a machine shop which is why I'm asking.

kensai111 said:
Hey there's a friendly face, long time no see. Hope you got all moved into the house and whatnot. Glad to see you back in action too, turret is looking amazing!

Cheers,
Kensai

yeah it has been awhile.. it took me 6 months to get my house remodeled and i am now living in it. i also have been working on several other projects. i made a TDK mangler and i am working on a TDK holster and i made a vac table and i am anticipating a TMP Iron Man

Darkslitter said:
That looks heavy as balls lol But it's gonna be cool.

haha that is funny you say that it is actually all hollow. it will be at the max 15 to 20 pounds.. i am hoping lighter but i dont know once all the detail is in it.. the over all length will be 70 inches.

Gotta love aluminum :D I too work at a machine shop, but we do all automatic stuff. .150"-1" is what we usually do. We do have a manual hand lathe though, but the jaw is only 6" ? Kinda small. But good luck with that, you look to be very competent with the lathe.

that is pretty awesome. i have been in a machine shop since i was 12.. i am 22 now.. so i have had my share of work in a shop atmosphere.. roystersmachine.com that is my dad and my uncles shop.. i have access to everything there..

You lucky bastard. I never get to screw around in machine shops or anything like this.

On topic, this looks so awesome and I want to see a youtube video of you going bird hunting with it in your armor sometime, just for kicks.

des0lat3 said:
haha that is funny you say that it is actually all hollow. it will be at the max 15 to 20 pounds.. i am hoping lighter but i dont know once all the detail is in it.. the over all length will be 70 inches.

Lol I was going to say a solid piece of metal that big would be a pain to lug around. PUT IT ON A STAND WITH WHEELS FOR CONS. :D

well i got a little further tonight here is some more added to it. i know the side vent isnt accurate i wanted to add a little of my own touch to this project considering i am the one making it.haha:lol:lol

IMG_2647.jpg

IMG_2643.jpg

IMG_2642.jpg

IMG_2641.jpg

hope you guys enjoy.

I spot an awesome looking gun and sw Ep1 anakin's podracer helmet.Made by you?
Awesome work. Though i think that the grip placed in the middle should be a bit different shape.

JustMe

j0ey0x said:
lolz iv got that anakin skywalker helmet too!

yeah i had it given to me awhile back.. it is a decent prop to have laying around.. haha

are you going to put a stand thats removable on it??? i think it would be freakin awesome either way!

spartan 26 said:
are you going to put a stand thats removable on it??? i think it would be freakin awesome either way!

there will be a stand. pinned and on a bearing system so it can spin while mounted just like the game..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back