Who's Watched The Watchmen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
After having to see every two minutes glowing blue junk I really cant say much about the movie. I was really looking forward to the movie, too.

It's a penis.. can't be the first you've seen... right?

I found it pretty interesting when I went to see it to observe how many people snickered and squirmed whenever Doc Manhattan's full frontal was on screen. I'm just very amused at how visibly uncomfortable it made people feel to see a naked man on screen when they're probably watched hundreds, thousands.. if not millions of naked women in Hollywood films. My wife thinks this is completely hilarious.. for years she's been telling me how unfair it is that she's had to sit through hours of total female nudity in film to just occasionally see a dude. It's about fairness for her..

I think the point of it is that Doc Manhattan doesn't feel any shame or embarrassment because he's more evolved than the rest of the species. I just laugh at how it points out our society's discomfort over our own bodies. Sometimes I forget that this country was founded by puritans.

To me the film was a near exact representation of the story in the graphic novel. It's not dumbed down for audiences, which I absolutely love. It's not a glamorous superhero movie, it forces you to re-evaluate the entire concept of superheroes and your expectations, and I think that it does that perfectly. The changed ending didn't bug me, simply because I thought that the original ending was pretty weak. To me the movie ending actually makes far more sense than the book.

It's not for everyone, and not everyone is going to accept the realism of it. That only makes it more interesting to me.

A masterpiece, in this form or any other.

Well, you beat me to it Sean. Well said, I noticed the same thing in my own theater and was thinking that as well. I'm going to head back and see it a second time with my g/f hopefully I can catch some more little easter eggs hidden around in the film.

Cheers,
Kensai

Well, I just got back from it, (You have no idea how hard it is to sneak 4 16 year olds and one 14 year old in this movie with no adults.)

I have to say, this is one of the best movies I've seen, the new ending makes so much more sense than than the GN version. That whole thing didn't seem right.

RadioaciveMicrobe said:
Well, I just got back from it, (You have no idea how hard it is to sneak 4 16 year olds and one 14 year old in this movie with no adults.)

I have to say, this is one of the best movies I've seen, the new ending makes so much more sense than than the GN version. That whole thing didn't seem right.

Haha, I'm 16 and I got in with my 15 year old brother no problem. Of course they couldn't see my face cuz i was dressed as Rorshach :)

About the ending though;

The marketability of a Giant Squid killing half of new york by exploding psychic death all over is admittedly not so good.

It was definitely a movie made for the fans, but there was a lot missing. In the end though you have to remember that it is a Graphic-Novel-to-film conversion, and they did a darn fine job considering it was Watchmen of all GNs.

I liked it! And I agree with Sean; people need to get over the fact that, yes, there is a lot of blue schlong in the movie. Woopty-freaking-doo.

Now if you'll excuse me, I must go eat some sugar-cubes.

Ronch Ronch Ronch...

Last edited by a moderator:
i love the movie and i must say that the cold didnt even phaze Doc Manhattan penis...amazing

link4044 said:
i must say that the cold didnt even phaze Doc Manhattan penis...amazing

This people, is the true definition of Rofl and lmao.

link4044 said:
the cold didnt even phaze Doc Manhattan penis...amazing

..see, he's more evolved! :lol:

Thats a good laugh Link, thanks.

It could be my imagination, but i thought that Doc. Manhattan was wearing some underwear. I didn't notice any shock in my theater...What I do remember is that there where a few people that walked out of the movie.....I do believe this is the best remake for a comic book, ever!

Not to bash on the movie, or the opinion of any members here, but I can honestly say that to me, the movie pretty much sucked, HARD!. :D
Like a comic version of battle field earth.

I'm 16 and had no trouble getting in with 10 other 16 year olds as well lol The movie theater I go in doesn't care at all if your 18 or not. As long as you have the money they'll let you in.

I thought the movie was well adapted from the comic. Though I was disappointed for a few scenes missing

Examples, Rorschach poping out of the refrigerator and interrogates Moloch a second time. I would've found that hilarious.

I really wish that they kept the conversation with Adrian and Dr. Manhattan with Adrian asking him if he did the right thing. Instead we just got it through as a small quote.

So I really wish it wasn't cut, so many scenes were taken out. Ah well, I'll just wait for the DVD to see the uncut version.

I've noticed a pattern with my friends with half of them that read the book while the others just came to see it with us for fun. Obviously all of us who read it enjoyed the move while the others were confused and thought of it too long.

i absolutely loved the movie. rorschach was by far one of the hardest heroes ive ever seen. the fights were awesome. i enjoyed how there was no flipping or over-use of gadgets. it was like the dark knight style of "hit only a few times, but hit really really hard" fu. as far as movie adaptation goes, im 100% happy with that as well. its the same way with ANY movie adapted from a book. 99% of the time, you just cant have everything included and sticking to the story completely. i cant wait for the dvd / blu-ray release so i can get all of the juicy bonus footage.

ill be seeing this again.

This movie would've been great in 3d. Even just for the thug's arm breaking and the bone popping out into the camera.

No Dr. Manhattan in 3D jokes please.

"Meeting with Veidt left bad taste in mouth. He is pampered and decadent, betraying even his own shallow, liberal affectations. Possibly homosexual? Must remember to investigate further." - Rorschach

This quote was not in the movie, but, when Nite Owl II was browsing through Adrians computer, there was a file named 'Boys'.

Hurm.

A friend pointed that out to me after the movie.

The lack of sugar cubes and the story behind Rorschachs mask disappointed me, but it was an excellent movie nonetheless. I would pay to see it again.

Also, the amount of small children at the movie surprised me. A few families walked out.

Saw it happen also. Did they not see the rating for the movie?? WTH?!?

Many parents brought their kids thinking this was just another super hero movie.

Best part was hearing a little girl ask: "What are they doing??" during the ship sex scene..

Priceless.

to all who said it was awesome or great, must not have been much of a fan of the graphic novel. I thought it sucked out loud. some costumes were changed, scenes made no sense............AN UTTER TRAVESTY!!!!!!

First off, Rorschach was the one and only reason I didnt ask for my money back!

Second-

All the stuff I noticed they changed or removed from the novel (will be in spoiler format, but then again, it sucked so bad who would care?) i will make a small list. literally I could go on till my fingers bled from typing.

1. The comedian and Ozy in the beginning was utterly stupid, in the book there was no sign of the comedian fighting back.
2. The framing of dr. manhattan was pure ben stiller quality crap.
3. Ozy and Nite Owl 2/dreiberg's costumes were way to dark nightish.
4. Ozy was a small little twerp in the movie, in the book he was strong, muscular, and wore a gold and purple outfit, not the crap he had in the movie.
5. Rorchach killing big figure had flaws, for instance in the book he never went and got his clothes from the evidence room, he got them when dreiberg took him back to his apartment and got his spare outfit.
6.Janey slater never showed up to the televised interview with Manhattan and pulled a wig off, in fact that whole interview was crap, no one was teleported to the parking structure.
7. Laurie aka silk spectre 2 smoked in the book, but never lit anything but yet she hit the flame thrower button out of nowhere.
8. HOLLIS MASON NEVER DIED!!!!
9. When Rorchach was mentioning the man who kidnapped and killed the child, after he chained him he split his melon open with a cleaver. In the book he burned him ALIVE!!!!
And finally as far as Iam going-
10. THE MOVIE SUCKED!!!!

Like I said, I could go on.........IMO and the people I went with to see it said the movie was an utter waste of money, time and brain cells.

Zack snyder should be exiled to mars with no space suit/oxygen and left to be exposed to the vacuum of space, and the last thing to run thru his mind should be "Wheres dr. manhattan to come save me with a shield and oxygen?" before his brain shoots thru his nostrils.

If I sounded cruel, rude or just plainly a whiner..........I DONT CARE!!!! The graphic novel was dealt a major blow below the belt.......The movie made a MOCKERY of the novel and almost made me cry at how bad they butchered it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back