Props Blueprints Halo 3 Sniper Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well... it's begun, lol. I managed to find a HALO (1) weapon size comparison chart online, and so am using that as reference for the SPNKR rocket launcher schematics I've started, along with whatever few decent pics I could find. Just a quick update on that.

EDIT: Can anyone help me with finding some more decent ref pics of the SPNKR? o_O

SPARTAN II said:
Can anyone help me with finding some more decent ref pics of the SPNKR?

Have you looked there?
This is the best refpics package for RL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Due to server restrictions here at work, I can't see or open the link, so I don't know if I've seen before what's there. I'll have to take a look when I get home later. Thanks for posting that, though. Btw, someone pointed me in the direction of the drawing you'd done of the SPNKR, so I'm going to have a look-see at that as well, maybe use it as a guide for detailing my schematics :cool:

EDIT: Well, that does it! With the ref pics package bevbor posted, and downloading his eDrawing file of the RL, I think I've got everything I need to complete this next set of schematics. Thanks much, dude! And thanks to Loess for pointing me in the direction of bevbor's eDrawing! :D

EDIT # 2: To bring things back on topic, I'll start another thread regarding this next project when I've made some real progress. Back to talking about the Sniper Rifle!

Awesome to both of you LEE"T"KEGAN! and SPARTAN II for awesomeness, booze for everyone! xD (not old enough, but like to say that line)

SprayNoob

Thanks for the compliment, dude. Always nice to hear from another Canadian SPARTAN ;) heh

To compliment Lee's work comes as no surprise, given the high calibre craftsmanship he keeps pouring out :)

Just to quickly touch on this, I'm well on my way to drafting the side profile for the SPNKr. Already gone through two drafts, lol. This is definately the largest schematic I've ever done to date; the rocket launcher measures in at a whopping 43 1/2" (that's about 12" longer than the H3 SR) :p

It's getting late now, but when I get home tomorrow I'll post a new thread with a pic or two of my progress :cautious:

SPARTAN II said:
Thanks for the compliment, dude. Always nice to hear from another Canadian SPARTAN ;) heh

To compliment Lee's work comes as no surprise, given the high calibre craftsmanship he keeps pouring out :)

Just to quickly touch on this, I'm well on my way to drafting the side profile for the SPNKr. Already gone through two drafts, lol. This is definately the largest schematic I've ever done to date; the rocket launcher measures in at a whopping 43 1/2" (that's about 12" longer than the H3 SR) :p

It's getting late now, but when I get home tomorrow I'll post a new thread with a pic or two of my progress :cautious:

Couldn't do it without awesome blueprints to go by!

Can't wait to see your thread on th SPNKr.

Wait was the template, sized for a spartan?

SpartanII:"Thanks for the compliment, dude. Always nice to hear from another Canadian SPARTAN heh"

SprayNoob:"Im not a spartan, im a ODST"

Anyways just asking few questions. :D

SprayNoob

LeeKegan said:
Couldn't do it without awesome blueprints to go by!

Can't wait to see your thread on th SPNKr.

I guess that just goes to show how the different talents of members here can really come together to make something awesome, lol. We make a good team, no?

SprayNoob said:
Wait was the template, sized for a spartan?

[...]

Anyways just asking few questions. :D

SprayNoob

Nope. I scaled the schematics for an average-sized human. Figured to keep it scaled to a seven-foot-tall SPARTAN would generally be too big for most people to carry around, lol.

FYI, I've managed to roughly sketch out the rear view of the SR body. So, that's progress, lol. I would've gotten more done on the remainder of the schematics for this, but as some of the membership here knows I've been kinda busy immersing myself in the SPNKr schematics I'm drafting for Lee's next project.

When I do manage to finish up with the SR here though, I'll be sure to post links to the PDF files along with the other ones I put up back on Page 01 of this thread. Just have to clean up (as in delete) some of the attachments in my profile, and I should then have enough space to post the rest of them once they're complete.

Just a little update for y'all :)

23Magnum said:
Did you hand draw these Spartan II? If so, wonderful job. Let me know if you'd like them digitized into CAD files.

Any chance you've been able to get started on that? No rush or anything, dude. Just wondering, is all...

SPARTAN II said:
I guess that just goes to show how the different talents of members here can really come together to make something awesome, lol. We make a good team, no?

I agree with you Buddy!

Well then... maybe this could become a regular thing for the members here, lol. I'll make the schematics for the weapons, and you build 'em. I mean, if you're up for it, I am :cool: heh

That sniper rifle is amazing, and I would like to take a shot at building it from wood.

EDIT: The middle section of the rifle, when I print at 89 percent, get's cut off on all sides on the paper.

I tell it to fit it to the paper, and it comes out smaller than the first section. Yet, in the photo's I have seen of Lee's rifle, his stuff fits on the page. How?

Well thanks, PF. I do try to make these as good as possible. From what I'm told by some, I've managed to do that pretty well so far, lol.

First off, to clear up any confusion with the schematics Lee himself used for his build, he actually received a hand-drawn set of schematics from me via mail, as at the time I was having issues trying to scan these into my computer. That's why his show at 1:1 scale, as they were drawn as such.

Regarding the PDF files I posted for download, as I'd mentioned on the first page of this thread you have to be viewing them at 89% in Adobe Reader, and then print them out. I even tried that out on my end before posting those instructions to make sure it worked, and it went just fine for me.

SPARTAN II said:
Well thanks, PF. I do try to make these as good as possible. From what I'm told by some, I've managed to do that pretty well so far, lol.

First off, to clear up any confusion with the schematics Lee himself used for his build, he actually received a hand-drawn set of schematics from me via mail, as at the time I was havign issues trying to scan these into my computer. That's why his show at 1:1 scale, as they were drawn as such.

Regarding the PDF files I posted for download, as I'd mentioned on the first page of this thread you have to be viewing them at 89% in Adobe Reader, and then print them out. I even tried that out on my end before posting those instructions to make sure it worked, and it went just fine for me.

You don't, just make pretty well, I've actually had the benifit of using your prints and they are excellent!

Not to toot my own horn or anything, but I'll take that compliment, lol. I'm very glad to hear you find them more than suitable for your prop builds. Thanks, buddy

That would be kewl if the Admin/Mod group stickied this, but if not I've got this (and my other schematics) threads linked in my signature, so that should help make it a little easier for people to find them rather than having to search through tons of threads, lol.

As it is, I'm just happy being able to use my artistic skills to provide these to help others do their own builds. Makes me feel like I'm contributing to the community in some, albeit small, way.

I did view it at 89 percent. I opened it up and set it to 89 percent and it cut off a small portion on every side. I decided to scale it down a bit in MS word. With the measurements printed off, and a nearly right sized schematic, I think I can do it just as well.

Generally, when you open up any PDF file, if you have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer the file will automatically open up for viewing in that program first.

Unless, of course, you choose another program to open it in, lol.

That is odd, though. I personally didn't have that problem when I tried printing the PDF's, and made sure to try it out myself before posting those instructions so that I knew it would work for others.

I wish I knew what you could do to solve that problem, but unfortunately I wouldn't know where to begin with that. Sorry, dude (I'm not that computer saavy, lol).

Anyway, like you said, with the measurements listed on the second page and using those as a size reference you should be able to scale them properly. Should just be a matter of enlarging it slightly to match up with the dimensions I posted.

Looking forward to seeing what you can do with these!

I just realized it's been about two weeks since I'd mentioned roughly sketching out the rear view of the SR. I'd meant to get that, and the remaining schematics, drawn up and posted for download so others can make use of them.

I've just been so involved in working on those SPNKr schematics lately I haven't even given any thought to finishing these, lol. Maybe I should try to set some time aside to do that :rolleyes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back