Props Blueprints Halo 3 Sniper Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeeKegan

These blueprints are by SPARTAN II
I thought I would just post the blueprints. If anyone else wanted to try and build the Sniper rifle.
IMG_2278.jpg
IMG_2277.jpg
IMG_2276-1.jpg

Flash Surpresser
IMG_2272.jpg

Scope
IMG_2273.jpg

IMG_2274.jpg

IMG_2275.jpg

I'll admit, I kinda shunned this topic as I don't make wooden props. Then I saw who's topic it was. This'll be awesome :popcorn:

LeeKegan said:
These blueprints are by SPARTAN II
I thought I would just post the blueprints. If anyone else wanted to try and build the Sniper rifle.

[...]

Thanks for posting those, Lee! As you know, my printer's been acting kinda stupid lately and not allowing me to scan/save them to my hard drive so I can post them here myself. I hope others are able to get going on their own SR builds with the help of my schematics :)

EDIT: I managed to figure out a way to scan/save these to my hard drive, as PDF files. Not the typical way to scan/save this sort of thing, but it works. When I get home tonight I'll post links to the PDFs, for anyone interested...

Last edited by a moderator:
Take another look around GUNNEY. I know there are assault rifle blueprints out there. I have them. I will see if I can find the original thread.

SPARTAN II said:
Thanks for posting those, Lee! As you know, my printer's been acting kinda stupid lately and not allowing me to scan/save them to my hard drive so I can post them here myself. I hope others are able to get going on their own SR builds with the help of my schematics :)

EDIT: I managed to figure out a way to scan/save these to my hard drive, as PDF files. Not the typical way to scan/save this sort of thing, but it works. When I get home tonight I'll post links to the PDFs, for anyone interested...

I'm glads you got your printer working. I would say there are some interested in your great blueprints.

Loess said:
Wizardofflight has some amazing blueprints, they're stickied in the weapons subforum.

Thanks for putting these up Lee, and for making them Spartan.

No problem, Loess. Just doing my part to help out where I can, is all ;)

LeeKegan said:
I'm glads you got your printer working. I would say there are some interested in your great blueprints.

Believe me, so am I. I've been wanting to post these for a while, but hadn't been able to until now.

Even though you don't necessarily need the front/back and ventral/dorsal schematics for the rifle body (you're far enough along with the build we're past that part of it), I'm going to go ahead and draft those anyway so I can at least include them here for anyone else who might want to use my drawings.

I don't have those ones ready yet, but when I do (hopefully soon) I'll put them up here.

Nice job on these, Spartan II!
Nice and clean... they look great!

Are you wanting to post these as PDFs, or would you rather them be jpgs? Photoshop can convert PDFs into images, if that's what you'd rather have up.

Thanks, Ruze! "Nice and clean" is just what I was going for with these, so it's good to know I did it right, heh :D

Ideally, I would like to post these as JPEG files, but for some reason the way my Lexmark printer is set up it won't allow me to scan/save that file type (can't even browse my hard drive for a destination to save to after I scan the image in, as weird as that is; I keep hitting the "Save" button, but nothing happens).

I'd already tried re-installing the software for the printer to see if that would correct the problem, but still no-go. The only way I found I could actually save it to my laptop at all was to create a PDF version of it. By selecting that option, it automatically prompts you to save it to disk.

Of course, this is my first time dealing with a Lexmark all-in-one printer (only ever had HP's up until now), so maybe I'm missing something as I'm not familiar with this brand *shrugs*.

So, at this point the only way I can save the scanned images for upload to here is converting them to PDF format. When I get home later, I planned on simply adding each of the PDF files (of which there's eight, so far) to my next post as attachments. I think I have enough storage space left here to fit them all in that way.

I can't recall if my laptop came with any sort of Adobe Photoshop program. If so, I'll see about opening them up in that application and re-saving them as a typical file type. Thanks for the suggestion, buddy :D

Hmmm I'm not sure what other programs would even open a pdf...
If you don't have any that will do it, let me know and I can convert them for you. Would only take minutes.

The only standard program I know of that would open PDF's is Adobe Acrobat Reader. From what I know, most every computer comes with a basic version of it, so anyone with a desktop or laptop PC should be able to open these.

But, I can't say for certain that everyone in fact does, so I wouldn't want to make such an assumption only to find out someone who wanted to use my schematics wasn't able to.

I'll look at what other applications I have on my laptop and let you know. Thanks for the offer, dude! Much appreciated :cool:

As promised, below are the PDF files of the same schematics Lee put in the first post of this thread.

Because of the way they were scanned in and saved, when viewing them at 100% size in Adobe Reader the schematics are actually a little too big.

Instead, view the files at 89% size then print, they should come out at the correct size. If anyone's not sure if they printed them out at the proper size, simply look to the pics Lee posted here to see what the stated dimensions for the SR are (EDIT: All measurements are now clearly posted on the second page).

Anyway, enjoy!

[SR-01] / [SR-02] / [SR-03] / [SR-04] / [SR-05] / [SR-06] / [SR-07] / [SR-08]

EDIT: Here is a run-down of the PDF files listed for download; SR-01 (Flash Supressor - front/top/side profiles), SR-02 (Bi-pod/support legs), SR-03 (Scope - side profile), SR-04 (Scope - top/other side profile), SR-05 (Scope - front/rear views, Viewfinder cover), SR-06 (Rifle body - front 1/3rd), SR-07 (Rifle body - middle 1/3rd), SR-08 (Rifle body - rear 1/3rd).

EDIT # 2: Contact me via PM to obtain a copy of the above previously-linked PDF files. Policy Change

Oh noes! Triple-post! :p lol

Since I've been getting a few questions regarding my real-world measurements for the SR schematics I drafted for LeeKegan (some can't read them too clearly from the pics he put up), I'll post those here after I get home from work.

Off the top of my head, if I recall correctly the length was 31 1/4 inches, with the height (minus scope and scope mount) being 7 inches. The overall width of the rifle body was, um... 2 inches, I think.

With the at-work server restrictions being what they are, I can't see the pics Lee posted for me to remember any of the other measurements, but I'll be sure to put them up here for anyone interested in starting their own build.

Did you hand draw these Spartan II? If so, wonderful job. Let me know if you'd like them digitized into CAD files.

Thanks! Indeed I did; each of these were 100% hand-drawn by me. I really enjoyed drawing them up, as there haven't been any projects of my own lately (haven't had the proper facilities to work on mine) I've been able to do this for.

I've always been rather skilled at drawing (ever since junior high), so I figured I might as well use that ability to aid me in my prop projects. Besides, I've never used any of the 3D drafting programs out there so I'd be all thumbs if I tried, lol.

Thanks for the offer on converting these to CAD files, btw. If you could do that, it would be very much appreciated, buddy. Just out of curiosity, what would be involved in order to do that, and how long would it take?

SPARTAN II said:
Thanks! Indeed I did; each of these were 100% hand-drawn by me. I really enjoyed drawing them up, as there haven't been any projects of my own lately (haven't had the proper facilities to work on mine) I've been able to do this for.

I've always been rather skilled at drawing (ever since junior high), so I figured I might as well use that ability to aid me in my prop projects. Besides, I've never used any of the 3D drafting programs out there so I'd be all thumbs if I tried, lol.

Thanks for the offer on converting these to CAD files, btw. If you could do that, it would be very much appreciated, buddy. Just out of curiosity, what would be involved in order to do that, and how long would it take?

It would involve me drawing them in AutoCAD basically from scratch with your drawings and measurements as reference, but I would be able to place a reference image into ACAD to use it for more precise measurements...as long as I got the scale right. I can probably do it with just the PDFs you posted.

The only restraint will be time. I'd only be able to work on it in my free time and I haven't had a lot of that lately.

Ah, okay. I would imagine using my PDFs as reference -- as well as all of the measurements, which I will be posting here once I get home from work -- should be enough to help you out with that.

One thing to bear in mind regarding the PDFs. As I'd mentioned a couple posts back, to get the correct scale to the schematics, you'll need to view them at 89% size. Otherwise, they'd come out too big.

No worries on the timeframe, buddy. I was just wondering, is all. Whenever you could get them done is fine. I wasn't even expecting anything of the sort would be done for my schematics, so that came as a pleasant surprise.

And believe me, I understand what it's like not having a lot of free time (hence why I haven't been able to get the remaining views/angles done for the SR). It kinda sucks, lol. Thanks again.

These are awesome S-II! I love your attention to details, and so many numbers ^^

Great job Elvis!

What's your next project?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back