Ironman Markiii

Status
Not open for further replies.

timecon

Edit: moved video to first page as well

"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="630" height="350"></embed></object>

ok I found a few hours to get away from the babysitting this week, Im staying at my aunts house and watching her kids while there in europe, so I decided to work on another helmet from my pep library, another ironman. but after seeing dancing's model I may have to do that one as well, its seem there are a lot of models out there just doesnt seem like there hasnt been a perfect one as of yet, unless made out of clay. but here is my second version, along with some bondo tips.

I draw the lines were the detail needs to be, then I section off the areas with masking or duct tape.
9556cc40.jpg

Then I add my first layer of bondo and before it hardens i pul the tape
e89b3c99.jpg

7b863979.jpg

if the bondo goes over the lines like in the picture blow just use a razer knife
a0bcffa5.jpg

use the knife to cut it while its still soft and you will get those strait lines also if you cut off any bumps that it may have created cut those off as well its save you on the sand paper, also if its cold outside I will use a heat gun to help speed the hardening process because if you start to sand it while its still hardening you will waste a lot of sandpaper
1a1b8922.jpg

after 3 hours of adding layers using the rasor knife and using 3 types of sandpaper
ab8e12a7.jpg

both my first version scatch build with no pep and then a pep version
c45d00d1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
ok back to square one i just finishe sharkhead7854 new ironman helmet and I have to say the most acuate out there I'm completely starting over again, I do that a lot it seems but I like perfection

09206cb5.jpg

6143cd0c.jpg

44feae2a.jpg

also I was watching ironman last night while completeing this new helmet and noticed something I havent before, the jaw is seprate and closes with the face sheild, so I'm going to find some way to do that. here is a picture of what I mean

0ef4f0ad.jpg

That looks really nice Im going to have to download it and try that one as the one I have at the moment went all wrong.

timecon said:
also I was watching ironman last night while completeing this new helmet and noticed something I havent before, the jaw is seprate and closes with the face sheild, so I'm going to find some way to do that. here is a picture of what I mean

0ef4f0ad.jpg

I thought about doing that to, I plan on using hinges from a walk man and the thing that clicks when you close a CD player so you push on the bottom and the face plate comes up and down.

Someone Please help me. I am a total noob to making pep armor, but I've been trying to do my homework. I follow the instructions on downloading a pep viewer and then I downloaded the pep file. I then tried to open the file ine the view, but when I looked where I had saved the file... the viewer didn't recognize anything in the file! SO I figured that I'd try it with the Pep Designer program. Still the same problem. I have tried everything that I can think of and now I'm about to pull my hair out! I made sure that it is open for all files and i even placed the filesinto the pep program it self. SO please help!!!

ps: I'm going to build this suit to start a super hero charity group much like the 405th and 501st. With any luck possibly have multiple chapters around the nation if not world ya know? I'll keep dreaming though :)

Thanks in advance for any help you guys could give me!
-Aaron

w00t w00t!
u dont know how happy i am that someone else used mine! ^^
u pepped it great
In addition.... Hi Aaron!
if you can maybe post some screenshots in my iron man pep thread?
i dont want to hijack this one XD
i understand what you're saying but pictures would help in being able to see exactly what the programs doing when you try to open your files.

EDIT!!
Lol..... i feel like an akward noob for asking this considering i made the pep...
would ya mind telling me the order in which you put the ears together and attached them to the helmet?
i've made my own helmet twice (about to make the third out of this pep file) and i havent yet been able to correctly attach them >_____>
but yours look so good....

I'm also working on a iron amn helmet, this helps me a lot.
Are you going to paint 1 helmet matk II style??

BobvDijk said:
I'm also working on a iron amn helmet, this helps me a lot.
Are you going to paint 1 helmet matk II style??

well I'm not sure if I'll finish the second helmet now that I have a way more accurate one, I might sell it for someone else to finish but not sure yet.

Nice work!!! Sorry if I'm way off on this but...did you go straight to Bondo without resin? I believe I see some odd texture to the paper you used, what was it?

bilsy28 said:
I thought about doing that to, I plan on using hinges from a walk man and the thing that clicks when you close a CD player so you push on the bottom and the face plate comes up and down.
Damn I gotta say that's a really good idea. The only problem I've come across upon further thought on your idea is-
Would the hinge from either a walkman/cd player open wide enough for the face plate to come up?
I'd think that it would only open a few inches right?

ChaseU said:
Nice work!!! Sorry if I'm way off on this but...did you go straight to Bondo without resin? I believe I see some odd texture to the paper you used, what was it?

you are right on. I use fiberglass jelly and cloth on the inside to strengthen it then just add the bondo on top works really well

sharkhead7854 said:
Damn I gotta say that's a really good idea. The only problem I've come across upon further thought on your idea is-
Would the hinge from either a walkman/cd player open wide enough for the face plate to come up?
I'd think that it would only open a few inches right?

I hadn't thought of that, I'm still in the planning stage. I'll think of something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back