Keyblades

Status
Not open for further replies.
It certainly looks like the have a lot of smooth curves that would be challenging to replicate with folded paper.

Yea, in kingdom hearts, and yes it would be hard, but I want to do the Oblivion and Oathkeeper, which are more rough:
OblivionOathkeeperandBleedingHearts.jpg

OathkeeperOblivion.jpg

booooooooooo... keyblades suck.

I want to see some gunblades made... never really cared to much for kingdom Hearts.

with that out of the way, it is of my opinion that this would be better for a scratch build.

Building enclosed props with Pepakura is hard if you don't know what you're doing.

If I were you, I'd do the blades with cardboard/mat board. Putty them with apoxie sculpt / bondo to make them pretty.

Make the wings out of floral foam, clear coat it, make 2 casts of it and you have your wings. Use a PVC pipe inside the blades and as an handle. Glue everything together and you're done.

scratch building these would be better.. i'll post some pics of mine that im commissioning

Thanks for the advice, though I may need my friend's help with this, he's better at this stuff then me, and from scratch i know I'll mess it up.

Prince NEO said:
Yea, in kingdom hearts, and yes it would be hard, but I want to do the Oblivion and Oathkeeper, which are more rough:
OblivionOathkeeperandBleedingHearts.jpg

OathkeeperOblivion.jpg

I've built a few keyblades in the past, mainly variations of kingdom keys. I think scratchbuilding one is a lot more efficient than pep in this case just because of the detail on some of the blades. On a side note: aren't those the two keyblades that Roxas uses in KH II ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Prince NEO said:
Thanks for the advice, though I may need my friend's help with this, he's better at this stuff then me, and from scratch i know I'll mess it up.
You won't if you try and pratice.

I have no idea of how old you are or your experience with art in general. But everything in life is possible if you try.Try. And try. If it's not good enough, try again until you like it.

Ah.... Kingdom Hearts. I was going to say if you're going for the original blade, just cut the handle and blade tip out of wood and us PVC pipe as the 'blade'.

LastSpartan said:
You won't if you try and pratice.

I have no idea of how old you are or your experience with art in general. But everything in life is possible if you try.Try. And try. If it's not good enough, try again until you like it.

I'm 16
And my skill in art is very low right now, I'll most likely give it a shot.

SpArtan-270 said:
I've built a few keyblades in the past, mainly variations of kingdom keys. I think scratchbuilding one is a lot more efficient than pep in this case just because of the detail on some of the blades. On a side note: aren't those the two keyblades that Roxas uses in KH II ?

Yes, My friend knows how to sew and is going to make me the Org. XIII jacket.

I wouldn't recommend making a keyblade using pep.
I made mine simply with a dowel, thick cardboard and lots on newspaper.

I made the shapes on the handles and key with the card, stuffed them with cardboard and them paper machéd them to the dowel. If you use dowel it shouldn't be thicker then a....... lynx/deodorant can?
There are alot of tutorials on the internet, the one is found most helpful was actually written down by some guy (LOL) and then he attached pictures of the key and handle to use as templates. but if you look on youtube there are lots of tutorials on how to make Oathkeepers etc. pretty easily.

Is it just me, or ever since Adam reopened registration there has been an increase in non-Halo related model/pep requests being made This is a HALO costuming site, and not that I am getting mad or calling anyone out (especially the OP, I actually would love a pep Keyblade myself!), but maybe there could be a single topic made for requests like this?

Sorry if it isn't my place to say anything, but I just noticed like every other thread in the General section was for pep requests. :)

Seno 'Ypsamee said:
Sorry if it isn't my place to say anything, but I just noticed like every other thread in the General section was for pep requests. :)

But it isn't halo related

Darkslitter said:
But it isn't halo related
True, but still, it's just kind of crazy to see a lot of threads everywhere with something similar, I'm just suggesting maybe having a single thread or something to keep it cleaned up a bit. I really don't care, it was a mere suggestion. :)

Prince NEO said:
Well, Most people don't need to asked about Halo pep's since there are so many just sitting on the site.
I know. Like I said, I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything, but just simply making a suggestion. If it's too much of a jerkish move on my part, then forget I even said anything in the first place.

Back on topic, a Keyblade would be rather hard to assemble with Pepakura. I would recommend a custom build, kind of like what DangerMoose suggested/did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back