Red Vs. Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

kojialaric

Heyo, I was just wanting to throw this out there and ask if there are any 405th'ers out here that have RvB styled armor that would be interested in getting together for doing skits at nearby conventions? I live in Kentucky, so nearby Cons for me would be Sugoicon, Ohayocon, MTAC, and the like...

As you can tell from my avatar, I made my first set of armor to be Church... b/c I'm such an a$$ in real life (j/k). I've had the idea to do skits at cons, or to have a whole group formed for RvB to patrol hallways, but none of my friends can afford to craft their own armor... :( Can anyone help?

EDIT: I thought for posterity's sake, I'd throw a couple pictures of my armor up here... in the second pic, I'm the one in blue... hehe.

I am in Kentucky until around May 5, when I graduate from EKU. After that I will be in Cincinnati, Ohio until I can locate a "real job." My armor is based on Caboose from Season 2 of RvB, regulation Blue, black marks form the teleporter, and a bullet hole in the left pinky toe with blood spatter.

102_0601.jpg

Bloodytoe.jpg

Cadet said:
I am in Kentucky until around May 5, when I graduate from EKU. After that I will be in Cincinnati, Ohio until I can locate a "real job." My armor is based on Caboose from Season 2 of RvB, regulation Blue, black marks form the teleporter, and a bullet hole in the left pinky toe with blood spatter.

Bloodytoe.jpg

You know what? I may never have noticed that if I saw your costume in real life. That's an epic addition to your armor.

What did you make your armor out of?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to go ahead and guess Pepakura although I can't exactly tell from the poor resolution. I believe there was a previous post of people who had RvB themed armor, but thats what the search tool is for. Hehe both of you guys' armor looks great! Keep up the great work!

Yeah, it's your standard pepakura fiberglassed armor.

I'm from Indiana, but I go to a lot of cons around Ohio and Kentucky.
All we have here is GenCon which is literally down the street from me.
I'm going to make my boyfriend a Caboose style armor, and me a Lady Chief.
I'll let you all know when we get done with it.

Really nice touch on the caboose armor, :D and whats even better is the new episodes he has the Mark V armor. Im finishing up the Pep stage on my first suit of armor right now. And honestly i had been wanting to paint it like Grif instead of the standard "chief" set. And this thread is tearing me in two between the two paint jobs.

Dude, I've been dying to make a Sarge suit. A lot of people say I've got the accent for it. Haha! It wouldn't take me long to get a suit together. Let me know when and where the dates are!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, Sugoicon up in Ft. Mitchell, KY is always a fun con to go to. I've gone the last two years and have already become a "regular" there. Just my second time there, I had people running up to me glad to see me, because they didn't get a picture of me the previous year. *blushes* I felt special. It's always the last weekend in October, so it normally falls on Halloween weekend (I mean, if you're at a con, you're already dressed up for it, right?). So far on this thread we'd have a couple of Cabooses (Caboosei? LOL), a Sarge, a Donut, and a Church... and a possible Grif if he paints it orange (Do it Yeti!)... Carpooling and sharing of hotel rooms could save money if anyone wants.

Well now that i know what the date for this con is, I definitely think that Grif is the way to go for me, i live on the west side of VA up in the mountains so wouldn't be too far of a trek for me ^.^. I just finished my chestplate, but i made it wayyy too big, ill post pictures once i get it finished up, fiber glassed and painted. I just have to find a shade of orange spray paint in Lowes that isn't fluorescent. lol

Well, that's true... hmmm... who on earth would want brown armor though? ;)

It's kinda funny, but my fiancee (soon to be wife) wants a suit made up in black so she can be "my" Tex. Church would then have an "official" girlfriend at cons. LOL

im planning on making my armor red so i could play sarge and i don't live more than 15 min from donut!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back