Uuh, Major Computer Problem?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keegan

Alright, so I start up my computer this morning, and as soon as I log in, what do I hear? Some action music Ive never heard. So Ive had it muted for a while, ignoring it, then when going back to volume to watch a YouTube video a few hours later, uuh its still here? It was like French stuff, then like some Spanish stuff. I dont know if its some creepy virus, or what? Oh great, now its fairy music. I really need help.

Thanks, hopefully.
Keegan

P.S
I dont know if they have keylogged my system or anything, but if I start making random posts, its probably not me. -.-

Keegan said:
Alright, so I start up my computer this morning, and as soon as I log in, what do I hear? Some action music Ive never heard. So Ive had it muted for a while, ignoring it, then when going back to volume to watch a YouTube video a few hours later, uuh its still here? It was like French stuff, then like some Spanish stuff. I dont know if its some creepy virus, or what? Oh great, now its fairy music. I really need help.

Thanks, hopefully.
Keegan

P.S
I dont know if they have keylogged my system or anything, but if I start making random posts, its probably not me. -.-
Any virus software installed? If so, immediately scan. It does sound like a 'creepy virus.' I don't think it's a keylogger, just an annoying script that got installed somehow. I could be wrong, but a virus scan should help find and erase the problem. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Seno 'Ypsamee said:
Any virus software installed? If so, immediately scan. It does sound like a 'creepy virus.' I don't think it's a keylogger, just an annoying script that got installed somehow. I could be wrong, but a virus scan should help find and erase the problem. :)
I originally had Norton 360, and that sucked. I ironically lost subscription to it about 3 days ago. Im downloading McAfee right now though.
Oh incase anyone cares, it was just the nutcracker theme, now its some piano and drum thing.

Keegan said:
I originally had Norton 360, and that sucked. I ironically lost subscription to it about 3 days ago. Im downloading McAfee right now though.
Oh incase anyone cares, it was just the nutcracker theme, now its some piano and drum thing.

Not that it helps, but atleast you know that the person who programmed the virus/trojan/whatever has a sense of humor. Humor makes everything better, right?

I dont have constant music randomly playign on my compu but every hour or so my computer (it just happend as i was typing) laughs manically..... sometimes it says somethign but i havnt been able to figure out what it is saying.... but it seems to only happen on my account and noone elses.... its annoying as hell...

Now if only the virus would make it print random perfectly scaled pep pieces that automatically fold and glue themselves like some creepy paper transformer thing :D o_O . yeah...

Well, its true.
The programmer does have a sense of humor. Now its playing "Foxy Lady", I started singing along.

BlacRoseImmortal said:
I dont have constant music randomly playign on my compu but every hour or so my computer (it just happend as i was typing) laughs manically..... sometimes it says somethign but i havnt been able to figure out what it is saying.... but it seems to only happen on my account and noone elses.... its annoying as hell...

Probably a virus that is inside your specific account file, which would mean you got it at some point while logged on.

I'd recommend McAfee or AVG Free, both are very effective if you don't already have them. If you do, then you might want to practice distinguishing between safe and unsafe downloads, lol.\

EDIT: Oh my God, Keegan, I know who it was. It was your "friend" we were talking to yesterday!

By safe and unsafe he means stop downloading files you shouldn't be ;) .

Yeah another useful program would be Zonealarm, won't remove a virus (unluss you have full version) but will definitely protect you from them.

ImaGonnaGetYou said:
Probably a virus that is inside your specific account file, which would mean you got it at some point while logged on.

I'd recommend McAfee or AVG Free, both are very effective if you don't already have them. If you do, then you might want to practice distinguishing between safe and unsafe downloads, lol.\

EDIT: Oh my God, Keegan, I know who it was. It was your "friend" we were talking to yesterday!

BAH! i dont care that much... this isnt even my computer lol (sorry dad....)...once i get my own pc and mac i will use agv though.

M07Marauder said:
By safe and unsafe he means stop downloading files you shouldn't be ;) .

Yeah another useful program would be Zonealarm, won't remove a virus (unluss you have full version) but will definitely protect you from them.

Someone told me ZoneAlarm doesn't help at all, and someone I know uses it and has never had problems. Both have the full version, so whatever.

Remember, with computer protection, there's no such thing as overkill, just an enormous wall of crap between you and the viruses.

Keegan said:
Norton is the worst piece of programming ever, or in my opinion. If you have access to McAfee, it's a must, but if you can't get the full version, there is a free antivirus called avast!. I used to use AVG, it's great, but after awhile and during scans it slows your computer down a lot. avast! is constantly scanning, and while (like every program) it does slow your computer down, it doesn't slow it down nearly enough to tell and it never gets worse.

I use McAfee now, though. Thank you, Comcast! You finally did something right! :p

Seno 'Ypsamee said:
Norton is the worst piece of programming ever, or in my opinion. If you have access to McAfee, it's a must, but if you can't get the full version, there is a free antivirus called avast!. I used to use AVG, it's great, but after awhile and during scans it slows your computer down a lot. avast! is constantly scanning, and while (like every program) it does slow your computer down, it doesn't slow it down nearly enough to tell and it never gets worse.

I use McAfee now, though. Thank you, Comcast! You finally did something right! :p
My parents computer has just the McAfee scan thing and it has like 12 tracking coookies (dont know what they are).

Keegan, you're so lucky, I had to buy Foxey Lady :p Jimi rox

Seno 'Ypsamee said:

Dude, I hate Comcast. If that's what you're using, get another service :p

Although, I love them for giving me McAfee. It still works after your subscription runs out, but it doesn't update, so meh.

Its still there. I know its on loop now. Ive heard the same song over three times. Im not sure what to do, because I have a limited bandwidth of 200 mb at my fathers house here, and the next time Im by my moms is monday. So I cant download McAfee. I just hope it doesnt do anything permanent.

ImaGonnaGetYou said:
Dude, I hate Comcast. If that's what you're using, get another service :p

Although, I love them for giving me McAfee. It still works after your subscription runs out, but it doesn't update, so meh.
Yeah... I like Comcast, it's fast and decent. Only problem is my mom thinks they are God. TV, phone, and internet. If one goe s out, all of them do, and that's rather frequently when it gets near bill time... D:

I officially feel like the stupidest person on the internet.
After watching a few youtube videos, I decided to listen to the songs again.
I eventually heard a TTS sound I had. I knew it was mine as well, because it was the definition of flagelliform. Not quite the common Text to speech sound. Anyways, I then knew it was playing off of my computer. I opened Itunes, windows media, and then thought, wow. Windows Sidebar was the problem. I thank everyone for their help, even though it was pretty much a huge waste of time. Sorry. :p

~Keegan

P.S This topic can be locked.

Keegan said:
I officially feel like the stupidest person on the internet.
After watching a few youtube videos, I decided to listen to the songs again.
I eventually heard a TTS sound I had. I knew it was mine as well, because it was the definition of flagelliform. Not quite the common Text to speech sound. Anyways, I then knew it was playing off of my computer. I opened Itunes, windows media, and then thought, wow. Windows Sidebar was the problem. I thank everyone for their help, even though it was pretty much a huge waste of time. Sorry. :p

~Keegan

P.S This topic can be locked.
LOL.
Nice one there Keegan.
Real smooth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back