Need Some Book Project Ideas, For Twilight....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keegan

*Read Before Posting*

Alright, heres the scoop.
I read twilight, after being chased, beaten, and tortured by teenage girls, and I have come to a conclusion.
Twilight < Toilet Paper.

I read it for a quarter project for school, and usually everyone reads books they like, and reccommend it etc, blah blah. My main plan was to make a project on how I completley hated it and want it to burn to a crisp. I already have reasons why I hate it, I just need a project to express those ideas into. Thats where the internetz comes in. Any ideas?

A project to prove how bad the series is? :lol: JOY! I hate the sereis too, and I did not even have to read them, although my younger brother blasts me for insulting the books :cautious:.

Point out the many flaws, fails, and falacies of the retarded book. Best of luck crushing the fantasies of the young, immature, and generally stupid followers of such a rediculus series, and huge waste of time!

Texan2012 said:
A project to prove how bad the series is? :lol: JOY! I hate the sereis too, and I did not even have to read them, although my younger brother blasts me for insulting the books :cautious:.

Point out the many flaws, fails, and falacies of the retarded book. Best of luck crushing the fantasies of the young, immature, and generally stupid followers of such a rediculus series, and huge waste of time!

First off don't be rude about the book when you write ur project no one wants a one of those newspaper reviews who are absolute a holes just keep to the facts and be kind when you point out any faults and remember unanswered question are probably address in any of the later books

Last edited by a moderator:
I just wonder why all 100+ years old vampires hang out at high school and take the pedaphile route... and it's accepted enough to put in print and film? If that's not an angle to take, I don't know...

yes! this project is win! i have some questions, namely:

1. Everyone is so pale. Is it not hard to tell that tha isn't normal?

2. DO the Cullens move around? If not, wouldn't someone in the town notice thatthey have been there for so long and not aged?

(if these questions are easily answered, please don't flame me, i never read any of the books or watched the movie)

What's wrong with pale? I'm full blood Scottish on both sides of m' family and can't tan to save my life!!!! :p

There have been good vampire books... Brian Lumley's Necroscope for one... some authors will go into detail about how they survive the changing times, others just assume people are ignorant and can't see the forest for the trees. You'll always be able to tell the good books by the hero: Grizzled old veteran too old for this s**t? Possible. Turned against your will? Possible (blade). Teens? Will suck more than a starved vampire in a blood bank! Unfortunatley, Lost Boys kinda falls into that one, but that was a cool flick.

Just in case you missed the obviouse: BRIAN LUMLEY'S NECROSCOPE. (y)

EDIT: Stephen King's Salem's Lot... Good!!! The book, not the movie(s)... (y)

I read the books after beaing beaten and chased as well and I like them, though not for the same reasons as everyone else. Though I recently watched the movie and I love the baseball scene (but that has more to do with the awesome music - Muse FTW). Anyway I got a kick out of the books..idk...I find edward funny my brother watched the movie and his favorite scene is when edward shows up in her bedroom.

Bella: How did you get in here?
Edward: The window.
Bella: Do you do that a lot?
Edward: Just the past couple of months. I like watching you sleep. (
(stalker much,lol - we both couldn't stop laughing at that part, even though I knew it was coming)

Yeah as for your project I say be polite about not liking the book and watch your back for those rabid fangirls that might attack you afterwards.

Oh yeah about the pal thing, they're in the rainiest town/city in the continental US, no one is tan there (exept the quilletes (sp)). And they move around every so often by the end of the third book they're pushing it as to staying in forks.

Just point out things you didn't like and why and the things you did (if any...there had to be a scene or two that liked a little bit)....Idk what else to say for your project...

You could compare Twilight to a real book based on vampires. None come to mind right now, but I am sure that you could find one.

You could compare Twilight to almost all fantasy-based anime/Mangas. That would get 'em. Since most of those girls think all Mangas are wierd. And Twilight is basically the same thing.

My amazing plan...

Become president of the united states, then try to dictate the world then you can ban all twilight books from the U.S.A. :) :D not bad??

My idea would be to soak the Twilight book in lighter fluid, Find a normal vampire book and start them both on fire. When the Twilight book burns faster, say it is because of how terrible it is :)

RadioaciveMicrobe said:
You could compare Twilight to almost all fantasy-based anime/Mangas. That would get 'em. Since most of those girls think all Mangas are wierd. And Twilight is basically the same thing.
Good idea! Because there all different types of anime/manga so there are bound to be some that really match twilight (though I don't watch most stuff liek that) or you could do a compare/contrast between it and Vampire Knight (same concept of some vamps trying to live with humans while keeping their presence a secret from most humans) no that i think of it you could compare yuki (a female charrie) to bella in some ways and kaname to edward only in some ways,but its something....and now that I think of it yuki and kaname get married like edward and bella eventually. (I don't consider that a spoiler, it is a romance novel after all).

i am actually currently in an arguement about this very subject with my friend, and she and a bunch of others wont leave me alone about it. but i say just destroy the book in your project, tear it apart. i want it gone. lol

P.S. on an off subject. keegan, i finally got Castle Crashers, play with ya sometime.

o_O
Didnt Expect this to be that much of a hot topic.
Love the responses, I already have an argument settled, but I need a project to put them into, like a poster, animation, etc.
I was thinking a flash animation, but that takes experience.

Keegan said:
o_O
Didnt Expect this to be that much of a hot topic.
Love the responses, I already have an argument settled, but I need a project to put them into, like a poster, animation, etc.
I was thinking a flash animation, but that takes experience.

MS powerpoint is great for relatively quick, crude animations that are fairly easy to make. Draw with shapes, use groups and the custom animations tool.

Compare it to a real piece of literature that features Vampires, like Bram Strocker's Dracula, and show how much it looks and reads like bad fan fiction written by a whiny teenage girl. I mean, when actually sit down and look at Dracula, Bram Strocker did an amazing and detailed amount of researching and planning for his book. There are things that people don't even notice, how like all the major events take place on or around a full moon if you compare the dates given in the book to the actual lunar calendar for that year. A good edition of Dracula often contains some of Strocker's notes in an appendix, and the research and planning is amazing.

Heck, I bet you could use the novelizations of the Blade movies, because I am sure they would read like classic compared to Twilight.

Kaya Tetsu said:
MS powerpoint is great for relatively quick, crude animations that are fairly easy to make. Draw with shapes, use groups and the custom animations tool.

Good idea but very unoriginal, in my school atleast.
Cadet said:
Compare it to a real piece of literature that features Vampires, like Bram Strocker's Dracula, and show how much it looks and reads like bad fan fiction written by a whiny teenage girl. I mean, when actually sit down and look at Dracula, Bram Strocker did an amazing and detailed amount of researching and planning for his book. There are things that people don't even notice, how like all the major events take place on or around a full moon if you compare the dates given in the book to the actual lunar calendar for that year. A good edition of Dracula often contains some of Strocker's notes in an appendix, and the research and planning is amazing.

Heck, I bet you could use the novelizations of the Blade movies, because I am sure they would read like classic compared to Twilight.

I know, but I didnt want to stand up infront of the room and talk about a book, I wanted to make a project.

Ive already made projects using:
GameMaker
Powerpoint
WMM
Glogster

Im downloading the Adobe Flash Trial right now, just to see what its like.

its such a hot topic because anyone with prior vampire knowledge thinks twilight is the biggest yay naughty words!!! ever made, with not only bad rep to vampires, but a cheesy, cliched plotline that makes Bram Stoker cry in his coffin.

oh, am i too critical? I'll just go back to reading Moby Dick. i <3 moby dick.

Keegan, just....totally annihilate the project. Then, share it with me. I wanna see it if at all possible :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back