405th Steam Group

Will you steam?

• No, I don't have steam.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I don't have a game capable computer

• How do ya game with boiled water? (Whats steam?)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey 405th, You may or may not remember me, I've been doing some low-key stuff at a rather...... sluggish rate these days, due to weather and time. Anyway, I discovered with my thread a little while back that we have a half-decent number of people with computers that play games, or are even geared up for it.

So without further ado, myself and Seno 'Ypsamee plan to start a 405th Steam group some time in the next several days, unless of course we get shot down by a mod, Adam, or lack of interest. Therefore, anyone with a computer that can handle steam games, or already has steam AND would want to join us to play on something.

We would be doing a lot of multiplayer stuff obviously, but theres a limit to how much I wanna geek out about this. For example, I can't see us having group 405th Garry's Mod games, or at least not with me involved. That games crazy. Anyway, I was thinking more like shooters mostly. CoD, Left 4 Dead, and that whole slough of mods for Half Life like Zombie Panic. Ya get the picture. Though obviously anytime anyone wants to get together for anything, and we can get something going i'm sure.

And also, obviously there would be no commitment. I am a fairly casual gamer, and obviously, just about anything scheduled in the real world has priority over gaming in my book.

Also, when you vote please post what games you have and your steam name so that its nice and simple when we actually start the group. Or, if you don't want to post all that, just vote then PM me.

So. Who's up for it?

P.S. Seno feel free to add anything I missed. Probably a bit.

EDIT: Alright, a lot of ppl are asking what steam is so heres as basic a rundown as a blond will give you. Steam is a program that allows you to purchase, download, and play games directly from your computer. No face to face at any point. Steam also does a lot of cool things like records the amount of time played on different Steam games, allows you to game with friends very easily, and allows you to form groups (such as the 405th) to play together! Its very convenient, especially if you have no wheels to buy new stuff.

what no garry's mod??? jk, I have: L4D, Gmod 10, Half life 2, death match, CS:S, portal (not multilayer but what ever), synergy, mods (source forts, empires, zombie panic, smod, gmod [lol], hl2 wars, and more)

and my steam ID: spawn_camp3r

my steam name: adventchildmatrix
the only game i have multiplayer is 'The Ship'
however in a month or two im going to buy the steam collection (hopefully ill have a laptop by them)

Ad me i'm rundown_chief^^

I currently got half life 2 deathmatch and portal. But i'm buying left for dead soon.

steam id is either pablofiasco or pablofiasco3050
whichever one has a picture of "spicecat" as the pic

primarly i play tf2 and l4d, but i can reinstall whatever, ive got danged near everything

pablofiasco said:
steam id is either pablofiasco or pablofiasco3050
whichever one has a picture of "spicecat" as the pic

primarly i play tf2 and l4d, but i can reinstall whatever, ive got danged near everything

niether of one is working for me. You sure you got your name right?

Last edited by a moderator:
mine's imMonkeyGOD (go figure :p)

I have Half Life 2, Ep1, Ep2, Team Fortress 2, Portal (Basically Orange Box), GMOD 10, Lost Planet and Left 4 Dead

Steam ID: M07Marauder

Games: Garry's Mod, TF2, Far Cry 2, Company of Heroes (includes opposing fronts), Oddworld collection (XD love it, first playstation game I ever played.

I would love to have some 405th-ers to play with on Company of Heroes, I am becoming quite the player at that ;) .

Arbiter452 said:
Rundown, do you have any games besides portal?

half life 2 deathmatch. I'm getting L4D soon tho.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright! Thanks everyone for responding! I just started the group officially:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/405thinfantry

I'm gonna go ahead and add ya'll to the group straight away, and let me know if you don't get the invite. I'm Chupathingy FTR.

I invited everyone, if you get a friend request from me just accept it and the group invite as well.

OK, now to the issue of there already being a 405th steam group. I see a grand total of 8 members, and it has very little activity. It looks pretty much dead to me, and besides. I already started the new group before I read that.

PLEASE! Find me more steam names! The group is Invite only, but any members can invite. Just please keep it to 405th members only. If that right starts to get abused i'm setting it to officers only allowed to invite, and you gotta email us.

Alright! I don't have much in the way of games, but we'll see. Anybody have CoD: Modern Warfare?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back