District 9 = Halo Movie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LastSpartan

Sr Member
Recently, Peter jackson and Blomkamp started working on a new movie, with a brand new ARG around it, pretty much like Halo 3's Iris, or Halo 2's ILB.

d-9.com
multinationalunited.com
mnuspreadslies.com
mathsfromouterspace.com

Why is the alien hidden? The space ship does look like a Covenant one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think its the Halo movie, but I will be more than happy to be proven wrong. The article I read on Kotaku yesterday said that Distinct 9 was not the Halo movie, and back in 2007, when the Halo movie got put on hold, Peter Jackson and Blomkamp said they were going to make District 9 instead then.

By the looks of it, it'ss not. I think the aliens face is hidden because it was a interogation, and they kept suspects face hidden, or they did a bad job on the makeup. The Alien ship, does not look like a covenant ship, it looks like a saucer.

that movie has to much talking in it, and i think it has a bad plot

TheSpartanMjolnir said:
By the looks of it, it'ss not. I think the aliens face is hidden because it was a interogation, and they kept suspects face hidden, or they did a bad job on the makeup. The Alien ship, does not look like a covenant ship, it looks like a saucer.

0/10

Looked very interesting.

It does look awesome and I doubt aliens have some sort of protection of the private life...

I'm not saying it is the Halo movie.

But I think that this "movie" is an ARG in itself. That it is not a real movie but just symbols foreshadowing to the Halo movie.

Eh, I think I took too many coffees...

Also, the beginning, is exactly like the beginning of the Landfall short (the sun...)

I cant say this has a whole lot to do with the halo movie, just because it looks like it takes place in modern times, instead of Halo's 2552. But I'll keep an open mind.

Found this a few years back
Guess it needs to have the title changed :p

An it has bugger all to do with Halo Movie, Read the discriptions...

DISTRICT 9 depicts a fictional world where extraterrestrials have become refugees in South Africa.
Genre:Drama, Action and Adventure, Science Fiction
Director:Neill Blomkamp
Cast:Sharlto Copley, David James

This is the Movie from Neill Blomkamp, the new Director of the Halo Movie. it is NOT Peter Jackson, he is executive producing. http://www.gamespot.com/news/6157842....
thats the link if you want to find out more

is it just me or does the ship look like the ones from independance day... maybe its a film to see if the big movie companies will take up the halo movie if they see how good a sci fi alien movie can be

Shadows0fIntent said:
maybe its a film to see if the big movie companies will take up the halo movie if they see how good a sci fi alien movie can be

That would be nice but probably not if this opinion prevails:

TheSpartanMjolnir said:

Shadows0fIntent said:
is it just me or does the ship look like the ones from independence day... maybe its a film to see if the big movie companies will take up the halo movie if they see how good a sci fi alien movie can be
ya i agree that it does look like the independents day ships but the alien is different but what is weird to me is that the site is pretty sound and i might be sounding crazy but also realistic.

This has my full attention. ;)

I don't think it's anything Halo related, but I'm still very interested.

Hmmm, to be honest this looks like a bigger budget version of a short Blomkamp did about 7 years ago around the time he made Yellow. Cannot remember the title for the life of me but basically alien gypsies came to earth and started using our resources and generally being dicks. The ships were basically the same except there was hundreds of cables leading to the earth. It showed most of the aliens living in slums and there was a short scene where one of the aliens in a power suit lifted up a car with some sort of force field thingy and threw it away.

If it is a halo movie, then what the hell is the thing in the interview room ment to be? a drone?

the reason they put the halo movie on hold to make this is because they aren't too sure about blomkamp yet, so they decided if this movie goes well then they'll go ahead with the halo movie.

got this info from steve downs (the voice of the master chief) at the calgary comic expo last weekend.

donno, could just be me. But doesnt the 3d effects kinda look not that good like other peter jackson projects?

the camera tracking in the scene where you see the guy watching out of the helicopter doesnt follow every shake of the camera :S

rundown said:
donno, could just be me. But doesnt the 3d effects kinda look not that good like other peter jackson projects?

the camera tracking in the scene where you see the guy watching out of the helicopter doesnt follow every shake of the camera :S
looked fine to me. I'm one for cheap movies though.

Hopefully not the halo movie. (too many mistakes if so). But I'm still very interested in District 9! Dunno if it's worth going out to see or renting tho...

I saw the trailer attached to Wolverine last night, and I have it looks really good. I'm definitely a fan of the documentary feel, I think it'll be interesting, especially being made with Blomkamp/Peter Jackson.

i agree with dark rogue the movie doesnt look to bad as long as the movie isn't to jerky with the camera, even if its not that good it looks like something that will still entertain my interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back