Good materials to Pepakura with

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. valley folds are like V
and mountain folds are like ^

2. You have to set the printer and paper configuration to be Letter paper if your using reg. paper. Then you have to shift the pieces around to fit in the paper (using the move tool, aka the red box in the toolbar)

check the pep. tutorial to get more info.

Oh so mountain folds and valley folds are just opposites of each other?

And for the Mtn fold, u would see the dotted line on the peak, and for a valley fold, u would see the dotted line at the bottom of the valley, right (fold it so you can see it)?

here's a screenshot of the overlapping I mean. I know I have everything set up right.

TOL.png

BOL.png

Sometimes you'll have the pieces spread out over two pages. You won't be able to do much about the larger pieces (i.e. the bottom of the foot) but for some of the smaller ones you can move them (just click on the piece you want to move and drag it) or spin them (see the button that looks like connect the dots? That's the rotation tool).

"Oh so mountain folds and valley folds are just opposites of each other?

And for the Mtn fold, u would see the dotted line on the peak, and for a valley fold, u would see the dotted line at the bottom of the valley, right (fold it so you can see it)?"

**@*@*@*Do I need to compensate, and how would I, for the slight length loss incurred by the piece being split over two pages and cutting it?

Also, should I try out cutting, fold, then painting resining, and fiberglassing before putting it all together?

when you score it to fold it, it creates a break for the paper to bend easier on. after you have that free-moving area you glue the tabs so the lines are all matching up nicely. when you glue the pieces together correctly, the angles kind of set themselves.

Be aware that if you tape it when you go to coat it with epoxy resin that the tape will more than likely melt, and your helmet will fall apart.

The easiest solution, from what I tried was, cut the peices out, lay them next to each other on a prefectly flat level surface, place them how they should be to form the real peice, and lay a coat of hotglue over the line, once it dries, it should be solid enough to work with, and once you have built the entire part, the place where that cut is, shouldn't fold over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back