Swine Flu!?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkm2021

the swine flu epidemic is swiping the US and parts of Mexico and Canada (or so I think)

if you want to know if you have swine flu go here

ROFL gotcha, but seriously this is some scary stuff...

Last edited by a moderator:
Doctors are now saying that swine flu could be just.... a regular harmless flu. We just want to make sure thatnobody dies by it. Swine flu isn't caused by pigs either.

TheSpartanMjolnir said:
Doctors are now saying that swine flu could be just.... a regular harmless flu. We just want to make sure thatnobody dies by it. Swine flu isn't caused by pigs either.

it isn't caused by eating pigs

exposure to living breathing pigs COULD (but it is highly unlikely that it will) get you infected
this is because you cook pork products before eating them, which kills the virus

and the swine flu infected several people here in Kansas, schools were shut down, but so far only about 2 people have died, and although it is unfortunate that they died I am glad it isn't as bad as people seem to think

in all the panic, I would like to find humor, in fact a good laugh might strengthen your immune system and give you a higher resistance to this "fatal" disease

darkm2021 said:
it isn't caused by eating pigs

exposure to living breathing pigs COULD (but it is highly unlikely that it will) get you infected
this is because you cook pork products before eating them, which kills the virus
and the swine flu infected several people here in Kansas, schools were shut down, but so far only about 2 people have died, and although it is unfortunate that they died I am glad it isn't as bad as people seem to think

in all the panic, I would like to find humor, in fact a good laugh might strengthen your immune system and give you a higher resistance to this "fatal" disease

Still, doctors says pigs don't cause it. But maybe their crap does???

I think swine flu, is like getting insmomia, you stuck with the sickness and it's affects. It's drowning you trying to kill you ( but Insomia doesn't kill you).

I just hope they say, it's harmless nothing to worry about

Actually they changed the name, Didn't catch what to but it's not the swine flu anymore cause it's got nothing to do with pigs, and it was affecting pork sales.

Honestly, this whole "swine flu" PANDEMIC (which is what they're calling it up here, yeesh) isn't as bad as the authorities are making it out to be.

It's just, given society's overall desensitized nature, if they didn't make such a big deal out of it no one would pay any attention to it. They're playing it up as they are because they want people to be aware, and to practice some caution.

On a more humourous note, I received this phone text yesterday from a fellow 405th-er:

Kermit the Frog just died of Swine Flu. His last words: "Damn it! That f***** pig told me she was clean."

Classic. I busted a gut laughing at that one :lol:

Ummmm......yeahhh....... swine flu is nothing to worry about.

Seriously it is all just a bunch of overblown bull$#!T.

It is not really as bad as you are hearing, I would take a leap of faith and hope that some of you read Digg?

A fact for you (and some nifty information):

FACT: You are more likely to die in a car wreck than you are to contract Swine Flu and die from it.

INFO: I work at Walmart and we have completely sold out of any and all hand sanitizer along with quite a bit of our sanitizing wipes. That to me is extremely hilarious :lol: .

Calm down people, be sure to wear your seatbelt and remember DRIVE SAFELY :p .

The swine flu is something cooked up by the media. Thousands of people got it last year. 40,000 people die from the regular flu each year in the US. 1 person has died of swine flu in the us this year. OVERBLOWN!

Das Brutus said:

Thought some of you might like that ;) heh

Adam said:
The swine flu is something cooked up by the media. Thousands of people got it last year. 40,000 people die from the regular flu each year in the US. 1 person has died of swine flu in the us this year. OVERBLOWN!

(y)

Exactly.

Adam said:

Quote for Emphasis.

Africanized Honey Bees didn't kill us all, neither did SARS, or West Nile, or Bird Flu. You're going to be fine.

Adam said:
QFMFT

I can't believe how freaked out some people are. I've seen people in public with surgical gloves and masks. It's both hilarious and disturbing that people will go to such lengths to protect themselves from such an inconsequential common disease.

They've definately gone over the top with it in Britain; they're sending out leaflets to each houshold with information about the symptoms and how to prevent it!

They're calling it 'Hell' over here now after only 20 cases being confirmed - you'd think they'd devote all the media attention to more important issues like CO2 emmisions and overcrowding and stuff!

Notice how no-one talks about Bird Flu anymore.

xxFemaleSpartanxx said:
Notice how no-one talks about Bird Flu anymore.

Unique Name said:
Same way nobody talks about global cooling anymore. The whole thing is ridiculous.

I agree with both of you there. Anohter reason they are dismissing those things is that the media (and people in general) have a short attention span. They needed something new to scare the crap out of us to keep the ratings up.

I just noticed, Global Warming, Swine Flu, Bird Flu, Global Cooling, all these are not as serious as they seem, although they do exist.

Global warming exists in nature, it can't be stopped
same with global cooling

Swine flu is no worse than regular flu and I haven't heard of how bad bird flu was, but I have a feeling that it could not have been too serious as we would still be on this topic if it was.
what will the media come up with next?

anyway, the fact that this is less serious than this actually is make the website that much more funny (to me at least)

thanx for posting about this i wondering if the rest of the population was just brainwashed ,or if there were still some sane people left who don't believe the hype, seriously the one person who died from this in the us (rest is lil soul) was a 23 month old ,that was born prematurely , and had lung problems...and the list of casualties in mexico have been cut in half , because the tests came back negative for swine flu,(most died on pneumonia or regular flu) there has been riots in mexico city because of quarantine , they didn't have water or power for the whole city.there have even been quarantines in japan of whole buildings being locked down , seriously what kinduv society do we live in when this type of thing is allowed to be done to us, the media is trying to scare us to death to keep us in check , and you know why this is happening ? there was a presidential directive that bush signed while he was in office that expanded the range of things the government was allowed to declare as a disaster , and he add infectious forms of influenze , so here it is our weak ass lil flu is a national disaster , heres a question if we didn't know this was going to be this years version of the flu how do we have stock piles of hundreds of thousands of vaccines , already made? dont be surprised if sooner or later some one comes around telling you good ol big brother has a special inoculation shot for every one in the country ,sry to be long winded , but this stuff gets to me

al gore hasnt been warning us about man/bird/pig (flu)?! thanx for droppin the ball gore , lol

The proper name for this particular strain of influenza is H1N1. It is just another strain of flu, but governments are taking no chances. Also, I don't know if the number of cases of H1N1 has reached epidemic proportion yet.

Lol, nice Spase

They've closed a few schools already due to someone having supposed symptoms. About 2-5 schools have been closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back