Props S1l3nt V1p3r's M90 Caws Shotgun

Status
Not open for further replies.

S1l3nt V1p3r

Sr Member
No, this is not the final method. No, I will not resin it or reinforce this in any way. And no, you can't has recon (YET!).

This puppy will go through the same method I have always used, and since this is a more complex model, I will have a harder time figuring out all the detailing and functions. That's why I pep'ed this so I have a reference model to go after, incase I need to figure out dimensions (Height, length, width depth, etc). According to the Pepakura dimensions, it is 90cm long, and I can already tell that this is a good scale. Not too long, not too short. :cool:

IMG_1337.jpg

wow looks WAAAYYY better than mine does is all warped and nothing is matching. im about to just throw it out

A whole lot of planning has to be done when working with closed models like the Shotgun. Mine is warped, you just saw one angle of it. Once you look down sight, you'll notice it's crookedness. ;)

Thank goodness I'm going to make this out of wood and not paper and fiberglass. :rolleyes

Can't wait to see what you come up with Viper. Let me know if there's anything I can help with, reference pictures (of the shotty or the ammo), measurements from the cut outs I've done or anything else. ;)

juliet76 said:
Can't wait to see what you come up with Viper. Let me know if there's anything I can help with, reference pictures (of the shotty or the ammo), measurements from the cut outs I've done or anything else. ;)

Once I print out the Blueprints and get the materials I need, I will keep you in mind. ;)

If you could send me a PM with all the reference pictures and resources you have, I would be grateful!

Last edited by a moderator:
So I just got Wizardofflight's M90 Shotgun schematics buffed up to 90 cm (36") it printed out. I cut out the blueprints and used it to make cutting lines on the Plywood which I was going to use a a size tester. When I cut it out, the shotgun felt compact, yet big enough. I believe the Halo Wikia has the wrong measurements, because it says that the M90 is 48.80" long, which is WAY too big. Enough chit chat, here are some pictures! (I will try to get some size reference pictures of my self holding the M90, but no promises.)

Printed and connected the sheets!
IMG_1342.jpg

Used an Wallpaper knife and a ruler to help me with the long straight lines.
IMG_1343.jpg

And here's the size tester!
IMG_1348.jpg

Also, I took the time to make separate parts for detailing and functions, so I didn't have to cut more of the original blueprint.
IMG_1347.jpg

IMG_1346.jpg

IMG_1345.jpg

IMG_1344.jpg

Viper, how is the size on your 900mm tester? In particular the pistol grip. I'm not 100% happy with the 20% reduction I did in the Canon Vs Custom thread and I'm considering reducing it more. But my main concern would be losing length in the grip if I reduce it to that size overall, which would be a 27.5% reduction from Bungie's dimensions.

juliet76 said:
Viper, how is the size on your 900mm tester? In particular the pistol grip. I'm not 100% happy with the 20% reduction I did in the Canon Vs Custom thread and I'm considering reducing it more. But my main concern would be losing length in the grip if I reduce it to that size overall, which would be a 27.5% reduction from Bungie's dimensions.

The 900 mm Size tester is perfectly scaled, IMO. The grip is comfortable, but I wouldn't know until I get all the layers of wood together.

Also, I don't think decreasing the size will affect the grip that much though. ;) Although, you could decrease the size of the weapon, but leave the grip the same size. Then just paste the grip to the new, resized blueprint. :)

As for you, decrease the size of the M90A (Not the Bulldog) to 36", that'll most likely give you the perfect scale. ;)

That is what I did with the M6G. I decreased the grip thickness to accommodate my hand but left everything else alone.

JangoFett140 said:
looking good :lol: :lol: i wanna make a shotty but i cant make em all

You CAN make them all, you just need to be rich/experienced/Lots of various materials/etc to make them all. xD

UPDATE TIME!
Just got most of the upper reciever cut out and glued together, now I gotta shape it and glue all the parts together. I also got the Lower reciever cut out as well, but I have yet to glue the layers together. I still have a lot of planning to go, and I still need to figure out the dimentions of the Buttstock and Cocking Grip (One step at a time!). Got the Barrel "hinge" planned and cut out (used copper here since it bends neatly around the barrel), I just need to drill holes to keep it in place (Pictures of this soon to come).

A017.jpg

A018.jpg

A019.jpg

A022.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back