Klowd's Fallout 3 Props *nuka Cola In Glass Bottles Now*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klowd 13

Heres my New (and growing) collection of odds and ends, out of Fallout 3, I decided to build.

The List right now is:

- Nuka Cola and Nuka Cola Quantum. (DONE!)

- Radiation King Radio (Still a WIP)

- Enclave Eye-Bot (In the planning stage)

This list will be added to later.

The Nuka Cola and Nuka Cola Quantum.

3523706192_f39dd8850f_b.jpg

The Quantum doesn't glow, too hard to make it glow :p

3522902423_e78981d001_b.jpg

3522901625_344f284db0_b.jpg

Close up on the labels. These were printed on Photo paper.

These Labels are NOT mine, i found them on the internet. If you recognize them please tell me who made them so i can give them the credit they deserve.

The Radiation King Radio.

3524004268_522c679f02_b.jpg

For some who dont know, this ^ ^ is the Radiation King.

3523988228_08669a5bbf_b.jpg

Thats what this pile o' stuff is gonna replicate when I'm finished. I'm estimating another 12-20 Hours of work on this (thats including the electronics) before its done.

Cheers,

-John-

if you hadnt included it in the title, I would have just though these were actually just some rare brand of drink! good job.

Thanks! :D There coke bottles that were filled with water and colored with Liquid Food Dye. it wont settle to the bottom, no matter how long it sits.

Cheers,
-John-

What would make them really sweet is if you put the labels on old glass coke bottles or the new glass bottles.

I dont think it would be to hard to make the Nuka Cola Quantum glow. You could just add a bright led at the bottom of the cap and that should make it glow. Unless if your trying to hid the led then you might want to do a uv light and make the liquid reactive. Just a thought though

@Gman- I dont think they sell the glass bottles around here any more, i wish they did yet.

@Spartan 051- I thought about that... if i ever find some glass coke bottles up here again, ill make the Quantum glow.

Cheers,
-John-

Klowd 13 said:
Spartan 051- I thought about that... if i ever find some glass coke bottles up here again, ill make the Quantum glow.

Cheers,
-John-

glass bottles can be found either at alcohol stores i dont know whats yoru state rules but in wisconsin any one can legally walk in. Normally there always glass coke bottles there when i walk in. Or i found this recently if you got the hispanic section some sell a liter glass bottle of coke for around $1.50

@box o crayon- i never though of that just a simple el strip would do on the bottom but that might how the actual light

Last edited by a moderator:
You don't have glass coke bottles? Hmmm, down the street at our grocery store (HyVee) they have some for a buck. Maybe i should try and make one. Haha, I could always send you one.

The guy that made the labels posted them originally on the RPF. Can't remember his name for the life of me though. It's great to see these props done. I want to do a Nuka myself eventually and can't wait on the Radiation King.

Ill check around for those bottles again... I didnt check the restaurants we have here, they might have one or two.

Cheers,
-John-

omg im an idiot to get the light take out the section where the label is and put dividers that are clear and hook up some LE wire or LED's with a batter and as long as people dont try to drink it or look at it from that perfect angle it would be awsome

Love it!!
I also made a bottle of Nuke for Fallout 3 launch
http://irc-galleria.net/view.php?nick=DeTh...age_id=96562215
There would be a pic(Ignore the texts, they are in finnish)
Drank that in gamestop, got a bit of discount for the fallout 3 limited edition...
Oh, In my line of fallout 3 props, I also made a bottle of buffouts and full- metal pip-boy 3000(Though I gave it to my friend for birthday,I'm going to make a new one, possibly with electronics....

BUT, love the radiation king, want to see it completed!!!

JustMe

heres a small update for you guys, but its not a static prop... its a gun! I was digging around in our basement, and found this old .22 LR Bolt-Action rifle that doesnt work any more. The odd thing is, it bears a striking resemblance to the Hunting Rifle in Fallout 3! Ill get pictures tomorow after our Annual Classic Car show :lol: (I lovez me some classikz.)

Does anyone know what rifle Bethesda modeled the Hunting Rifle after? I know someone has to.

Cheers,
-John-

Those glass bottle Nuka Colas will be done in the near future. So no need to worry about that now. ;)

Heres some pics of that rifle i found.
3605868124_5fba308a75_b.jpg

3605897564_3d9ff752be_b.jpg

1st person view. :lol:
3605898544_ce16cc4210_b.jpg

Oh and i figgured out what the rifle is: Its a Marlin Model 80, its actually a nice rifle after i pulled it apart and got it working again. It just needs some TLC, a new clip, and new Bluing (the stuff that makes the guns Black).

Cheers,
-John-

okay, I don't mean to hijack a post but I do have a lil knowledge about some of the quandrys here...

First thing First, UV LEDs do not have enough power to truly illuminate tonic water. The link below is of a UV LED attempting to illuminate a glass bottle coke with tonic water in it

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x154/Bw...pIpinpro023.jpg

not really good as you can see. Even from the top of the bottle it will only do that first third. Also the glow stick in the middle of the drink doesn't really work either, unless you managed to glue it down to the bottom of the bottle while it was activated it will want to float and end up causing uneven lighting...

Solution: Glow sticks with hydrogen peroxide and dish soap...

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x154/Bw...pIpinpro028.jpg

break the sticks, pour the liquid into the bottle, add peroxide (a capful) and dish soap (however much you like), cap the bottle then shake vigorously. A Quantum is Born...for about a few hours. If you can heat passively you can intensify the glow for about 30 mins (passive would be hot water).

Some Mexican restaurants have the authentic Mexican coke in the glass bottles. In all of CT I was only able to find one place that stocks 'em and they had to order it from their supplier. They are rare, Very Rare...

will probably post up pics of my fallout 3 props...anyone that frequents cosplay will know what I am talking about...

I think the LED does quite well. 1 LED vs. several glow sticks is just an unfair comparison. That said, it's a personal preference (glow sticks = more expensive, dangerous, limited time).

Nice pics btw and welcome to the forums.

thats sick. i love fallout 3. i want to make up a couple of the outfits from the game. im a huge mad max fan so its great to see the references in the games for the movies. have you though about customizing a few of the raider hemlets? hockey masks and welding helmets are pretty easy and cheap to come by.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back