405th Represented At The Replica Prop Forum East Coast Prop Party

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Bradley

Sr Member
Hey all.

I thought some of you may be interested to see some photos I shot on Saturday at the RPF East Coast Prop Party in Schwenksville, PA. I met up with fellow old-school 405th'er Charlie 'Redsleighdown' Tighe for some armor chat and to show him some of the 405th stuff I brought.

It was a small event, but kinda nice that way. It was nice to see a few familiar faces (and even more familiar props!) in a laid back, low key meeting like this. Having the time to talk with people and listen in on conversations casually was really welcoming.

I arrived late and set up around 1 or 2pm, then spent the rest of the time admiring everyone's collections:
DSC02855.jpg

DSC02856.jpg

DSC02857.jpg

DSC02858.jpg

DSC02863.jpg

DSC02861.jpg

DSC02862.jpg

DSC02865.jpg

DSC02867.jpg

DSC02868.jpg

DSC02870.jpg

DSC02872.jpg

DSC02873.jpg

DSC02875.jpg

DSC02877.jpg

DSC02878.jpg

DSC02880.jpg

DSC02884.jpg

DSC02888.jpg

DSC02892.jpg

DSC02893.jpg

More photos here: http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e90/Scar...y%2009/?start=0

I spoke with several people who were VERY interested in Halo costuming but didn't know about the 405th. It felt nice to do a little recruiting. ;) We might see a few of them around next time we open the doors. All in all it was a good diplomatic event. I made some good contacts, evangelized about what we do, and got some excellent advice from some really experienced prop builders.

-Sean

Everything looks great - it's nice see you out and about spreading the good word... :D

I assume that Ritchie's "Alien" helmet is amazing in person as it is in the pics. I have been following that one over at the RPF for a while... DO WANT!!!

DogWizard said:
I assume that Ritchie's "Alien" helmet is amazing in person as it is in the pics. I have been following that one over at the RPF for a while... DO WANT!!!

The detailing on it is amazing. That, and the Riddick props blew me away.

Had a lot of interest in the stuff that I brought. I wasn't selling or trading there, just wanted to show people some stuff. Wish I had more finished stuff to show them, but I've been busy with other things.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sean Bradley said:
Is that Vash's pistol? From Trigun?
I can also spot Ronan Dex's pistol, dont know what the other are.. haha
Another photo had an Orbo gun in it...
haha sorry, I'm into anime firearms atm...
OHHHH, there also a ZAT. Id be like a kid in a candy store at one of these things... haha
Wish we had this kind of thing in Aus, sadly the prop community over here is way to small, and the country way to spread out, for much to happen...

:eek: WHHHAATT!! I would be soo happy to just to have been able to look at some at that stuff. How others make things like that I would really love to learn. The Star Trek rifels look awesome. The Snowtropper helms look great too.

Q: So this was more of a "Show n' Tell" rather than trading and buying? More of idea exchange?

Thanks for sharing!

Looks like fun. I really enjoy checking out other peoples work.
I see you are as far on the spiker as I am on the helmet. :lol:

smick6 said:
I see you are as far on the spiker as I am on the helmet. :lol:

Yeah, it's been patiently waiting for me. I don't want to rush it until I have time to do it right.

It was more of a show and tell, but people did sell and trade items. The emphasis seemed to be on meeting other people face to face, and getting to ask questions and show off your particular obsessions. It was loads of fun.

It really got me thinking more seriously about having a 405th gathering at my place, and how I might handle the logistics of having an event like that in my tiny, humble abode. There's plenty of rentable space around... like fire halls and pavillions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back