Halo 3: Odst - Pepakura Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
mc hammer time said:
Ever since making a Mk VI, I've had a deep rooted hatred for strips...

Strips are just unavoidable on this model. There are so many subtle curvatures on it that you either have them or have lots of little square pieces instead

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, I'm making one of these for someone who wants to make sure there is absolutely NO warpage. So, the less pieces, the less warpage right?

Honestly, Harding, I think you're safe unfolding the version out now. I got so much positive feedback on that model that I don't think any major edits are neccessary. Anyway, you can always add on with scratch-building. Go for it! (Oh, and just a note to Unholykey, that is still a superb unfold, it's just due to the large number of somewhat-unnecessary strips around the neck piece that a new unfold may be necessary. I still appreciate yours, though)

I superglued all the pieces on the SMG together, and everything is hunky-dory. The secondary grip still swivels, the clip is magnetic (although I still prefer to think of it as *magic*), the stock slides back and forth, and I can secure it into place with a hex-driver (which I guess I'll attach to my armor somehow ... the hex-driver, but also the SMG, lol). Also, I got an excuse to very soon Bondo my very ugly and angular Mark VI helmet because I needed to use Bondo for an unrelated art project, so ... sweet. First time myself using Bondo, and it was pretty easy, no sweat.

EDIT: Off topic, but I found this funny. Idk, I'm a big tech geek, so maybe that's just me:

gigabyte1024reviews.png

Lol, sorry, that was really random ... (Get it? One gigabyte = 1024 Megs)

Nightshade said:
Honestly, Harding, I think you're safe unfolding the version out now. I got so much positive feedback on that model that I don't think any major edits are neccessary. Anyway, you can always add on with scratch-building. Go for it! (Oh, and just a note to Unholykey, that is still a superb unfold, it's just due to the large number of somewhat-unnecessary strips around the neck piece that a new unfold may be necessary. I still appreciate yours, though)

EDIT: Off topic, but I found this funny. Idk, I'm a big tech geek, so maybe that's just me:

Lol, sorry, that was really random ... (Get it? One gigabyte = 1024 Megs)

lol nice Nightshade my major is IT in school and were were talking about that kinda stuff

well i unfolded the torso,its smaller then the other unfold,mine is 609mm tall,the other one was 650mm tall idk what ones right

http://www.4shared.com/file/133871836/566b377b/ODST_torso.html

and i know thats its pretty ugly but thers nothign i could figure out to do

SeamusRocks999 said:
Can someone put all of the Updated ODST Files in one folder and post it? Does anyone know what page the left and right waist pieces are on?

+1

My friend and I are trying to get all the files for his ODST armor (I'm taller and going the Mark VI route). As enthralling as these conversations are, I would have much rather skipped all 50+ pages of this thread and simply had them all conveniently listed. Still haven't found boots, hip plates, or butt packs (beyond those from the WETA build).

Harding29 said:
i think the weta ones are the only ones

Crap. That's what I was starting to think. Well... it's good to have confirmation so I can stop looking :)

Awww, craaap. Harding got the 1000th post. Man, I wanted that to put in my sig. Oh well, lol. Oh well, you earned it, man, that unfold is really great!

Also, several more files have been added to the wiki, just so y'all know.

As for the ODST file folder, you all know that the shoulder/chestplate/center plate/side plates/beltplate/crotch plate can all be downloaded in one nice .zip file on the main post, and that the others are all just below that? The newest beltplate, center plate and crotch plate have replaced the old one in the .zip file as well. Just don't expect to find WETA links on this thread. This isn't the WETA thread.

I don't think we need new hip-plates and butt-packs, right?

Also, just wondering, has there ever been a thread (not a sticky) that has been this long? I'm sure there has, but I'm still curious ...

Well, since you asked, thread very rarely get over 1000 posts, and I sort of considered that like something to brag about. Very very few members get a "1000th" post. Lol, maybe it's just me :rolleyes

Nightshade said:
Well, since you asked, thread very rarely get over 1000 posts, and I sort of considered that like something to brag about. Very very few members get a "1000th" post. Lol, maybe it's just me :rolleyes

oh i got ya lol yay me jk but u got the 1010th post thats even better so hows ur siut comin along nightshade

999 FTW!!

anyways, do you guys think that a lot of the cuts/folds on hardings are unneeded? If I just left all those blank cuts uncut, would it turn out okay?

mc hammer time said:
999 FTW!!

anyways, do you guys think that a lot of the cuts/folds on hardings are unneeded? If I just left all those blank cuts uncut, would it turn out okay?

By the looks of it leaving out some of the fold lines or cuts will not allow some of the parts to curve the way they are meant to.

Harding29 said:
nah i think the hip,butt plates are pretty much the same

i wish i could get my siut done by tuesday but idk if i will

I feel your pain....My mom and I are gonna work on the Helmet Tommorow. I'm gonna try to atleast get that done.

Ever since school started, my armor process has gone bzzzzzzzzzzz (*making hand motion of airplane crashing down in a nose-dive*)

Anyway, I haven'y gotten to any resining yet (but I might get some soon. I'm making my ODST Rookie bucket an Advanced Art project, which is the only way I could get my parents to buy me supplies (school project = only important project)

Anyway, here's what I've got pepped:

ODST Rookie Helm, with some custom details

Two versions of the chest-plate

One chest pouch

Center equiptment plate

Both side plates

Old beltplate, but I'll be pepping the new one

Almost both thighs, one just has a few tiny pieces left

Right Gauntlet

Right Shoulder

Old sniper plates, which I won't use

WETA Torso (which, now that I made a new one, was a complete waste of time)

WETA Kneeplate (x1)

WETA Hip Plate (x1)

Sniper Goggles and New Beltplate Printed

I guess you could say that's progress, but I still have left shoulder/guantlet, new beltplate, goggles, crotch plate, both shins (*shudder*), hip-plate, torso, kneeplate, and butt-pack. Uggh. Basically, I eventually run out of pepping steam when I never get any resin. Once I get the resin, I get enough motivation to finish the rest. You know what I mean? Anyway, that's the answer to your question.

Oh, and I forgot, I also have a kick-azz SMG that you dont have. Just thought I'd add that one in there for $#!+$ and giggles.

And can anyone post the link to the site where you make those armor-progress pics? I forgot to fav it a lot of months ago.

Amazing job on the files guys. Blew my mind. Working on my ODST Armor as well, had to re-do a few pieces because I suck at scaling.

Oh, and I forgot, I also have a kick-azz SMG that you dont have. Just thought I'd add that one in there for $#!+$ and giggles

Well, i'm building the one you made.

Hows that for $#!+$ and giggles, lol

Keep it clean,

-Pony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back