Halo 3: Odst - Pepakura Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
jt2124 said:
Hey guys. Im new to the board. First off, All you guys have awesome armor sets. Im starting a set with my little bro. Just a couple of questions. I found almost everything I need cept for the knee armor plates. Is there a pepakura file for those in an earlier post? Also how do you reverse the right thigh peace to a left thigh peace?

There should be a tutorial on the different functions in the pepakura program, including how to reverse the pieces. If you can't find it though, goto the top menu and click on "2d menu". When there, click on "invert pattern" and it should do it for you. Some of the pieces may or may not have to be rearranged to fit properly/not intersect though. As for the knee armour plates, you can find them with the shin file in the "WETA ODST" thread I believe. Good luck with your build!

Edit: blast, I've been beaten to it! haha

Last edited by a moderator:
Dusty said:
Ok i have been peping the odst smg and have found a problem with it

there is something wrong with the tabs the numbers are in the wrong places (or i am completely incompetent) so Harding could you fix this or tell me what i did wrong.

It would be greatly appreciated thank you for your help

-Dusty

[url="http://s612.photobucket.com/albums/tt201/vector499/?action=view&current=Capture-1.jpg"]th_Capture-1.jpg[/url]

There is nothing wrong with the file, anything you did, or anything Harding did. It is due to space differential that Pepakura applies to the file. The number itself has to be a certain distance away from the tab. Unfortunately, it makes appear that the numbers are upside down, or in the wrong spot.

jareyes said:
There should be a tutorial on the different functions in the pepakura program, including how to reverse the pieces. If you can't find it though, goto the top menu and click on "2d menu". When there, click on "invert pattern" and it should do it for you. Some of the pieces may or may not have to be rearranged to fit properly/not intersect though. As for the knee armour plates, you can find them with the shin file in the "WETA ODST" thread I believe. Good luck with your build!

Edit: blast, I've been beaten to it! haha

How did you put that armor progress thing at the bottom of your posts? Sorry, I'm a noob...

I dont think pdo files work for me. I downloaded it and tried to use but there was an error that said that windows cannot find this file. This is starting to piss me off.

Hey guys,Mjolnir here,and i just want to say,that:

"I'm going to be installing alot of 3d modelling programs on my laptop,among them will be blender 3d,and any help or requests for my debut or well..hmm...opening model would be appreciated.I will be doing this on behalf of the community and for my portfolio for end of year.Thank you"

Please reply people,any requests would be appreciated,and the winning choice will be based on:

Popularity

Rareness

Difficulty(Not to hard please,I'm only new to modelling)

And

High demand.

If it's something highly common or say you ask for a better detailed MKVI forearm,forget it,way to common,and there's heaps-o'-files out there of it,try choosing something popular,unique,not too hard and would be a great model for everyone to build.

Thank you for you time once again.

//mjolnir follower,out..//

mjolnir follower said:
Hey guys,Mjolnir here,and i just want to say,that:

"I'm going to be installing alot of 3d modelling programs on my laptop,among them will be blender 3d,and any help or requests for my debut or well..hmm...opening model would be appreciated.I will be doing this on behalf of the community and for my portfolio for end of year.Thank you"

Please reply people,any requests would be appreciated,and the winning choice will be based on:

Popularity

Rareness

Difficulty(Not to hard please,I'm only new to modelling)

And

High demand.

If it's something highly common or say you ask for a better detailed MKVI forearm,forget it,way to common,and there's heaps-o'-files out there of it,try choosing something popular,unique,not too hard and would be a great model for everyone to build.

Thank you for you time once again.

//mjolnir follower,out..//

I would love to see an accurately sized ODST backpack

Thanks for the help. Im now in the process of printing everything off. Now Ive been looking at all the forums and noticed the size's very a bit. Im bout 5'8'' 150lbs. Guessing Im gonna have to resize the pepakura to fit?

mks81 said:
I can't look it up right now, but I am pretty JUICE made one. I think it is in this thread somewhere.

Found it! looks pretty good, and I can add the extra details from scratch. Thanks mks81!

Just printed off the new torso. Used harding's unfold but changed it quite abit as i didnt like how there was so many bits where you couldn't see the tabs.

The unfolding was rather easy (even if i was just adjusting an already unfolded file), and with a little more practice i think i could become an unfolder :)

Ive got to say, kudos for all these files nightshade, they're top quality

Ok so I have a small question. I can view all of the .pdo files, but there are a few file types that I don't recognize. Can someone tel me how to view .mqo files? There are a few good files that I would like to use but can't. Any help would be great.

Thanks.

Drakon said:
Ok so I have a small question. I can view all of the .pdo files, but there are a few file types that I don't recognize. Can someone tel me how to view .mqo files? There are a few good files that I would like to use but can't. Any help would be great.

Pepakura Designer will open those .mqo (Metasequoia) files. However, you have to unfold them yourself after opening them.

Wallace said:
I would love to see an accurately sized ODST backpack

rightiio thats going in the box with the others,requesting ends on 4th of october.I will also say,that the winner will have me as their personal modeller for any converting or requested models.

But...so far heres the requests:

Accurate ODST shoulder pads(good idea,but if it doesnt happen,just cut of your backpack(school bag or whatever) straps and find a way)

Accurate ODST backpack.

terminator armor from Warhammer 40k(good choice)

Plasma Rifle

HD ODST Thigh

i need more people,please anything that comes to your mind,jot it down.

i need more people,please anything that comes to your mind,jot it down.

How about a plasma rifle!!

I have one here already, but it's basically a three peice.

Any chance you can make a new one.

-Pony

ACDCrockr209 said:
How about a plasma rifle!!

I have one here already, but it's basically a three peice.

Any chance you can make a new one.

-Pony

All try,If its not as detailed first,I'll make a HD one later.

Does anyone know where I can get Rookie's bucket unfold? Ive tried going to Ral Partha's link because his was awesome but the file was removed.

Jt, is right. if i wanna finish ODST leet by Halloween ive gotta get rals unfold! if anyones got the file dont be hesitant to hit up meh email address!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back